How do you farm the 800 kills with SMG

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by gibstorm, Oct 28, 2014.

1. LordDethir

I think that was me :(
  2. Leivve

Did you enjoy that casual, over the shoulder, blind fire, one stone one bird, ap round from my prowler while you were in dogfight maneuvers while fighting that scythe?
  3. LordDethir

Ok, I don't fly, so find someone else for that crime!
  4. Reclaimer77

I just started farming for the 800 SMG kills last night. At first I felt like it would be a long grind, but after 4 hours last night with the VS Sirius SMG, I'm over 300 kills in.

Coming from carbines, I was pretty surprised how quickly the SMG dispatched foes in close quarters. I even got a few "reported for hacking" hate tells from people who thought they died too fast to be legit. Especially if you land a burst into someone's head, just WOW!

Medium range, you have to de-program yourself from your old habits. You are NOT using a carbine. You cannot stand still and pick people off with the SMG (unless you rock the MK-V).

One thing I noticed is you can hose yourself pretty bad by picking the wrong attachments for the SMG. Be careful about using compensaters, as your hipfire accuracy gets nerfed. Silencers with soft-point ammo can also be a bad combo, as they reduce you to being a purely point-blank player. For me personally I just go with no barrel mods. As they all come with a penalty that's not worth it imo.

Just stick with it and embrace what SMG's do well, and stop trying to make them work like carbines. You can do it :)
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

This is pretty much spot on. Attachments are everything for using SMG's and sometimes it's best not to equip one in some spots.

I just finished this part of the directive the other night and the first 400 was with the Eridani until I Auraxed it, then the last 400 was split between the MKV and Sirius.

Eridani: Loved it so much I'll be going for the directive SMG. Ex mags are a must as is SPA since with that setup it feels like a 35 round 143/750 carbine that the VS is lacking. Leave the compensator at home though since with it's lower DPS you still want to be accurate while hip firing.

Sirius: Great for larger fights since you never want to run a compensator or suppressor on it and don't care if you show up on radar. I really liked it with the laser sight and SPA since I could chain headshot kills from hipfire with that setup.

MKV: This this is fantastic if you're at a med-small fights since the suppressor works to your advantage. Ex-mags is a must and SPA is optional but since the suppressor is baked in it doesn't hurt it much. Always ADS with it though since it's hipfire kind of sucks but it has better range than other SMG's which makes it perfect.

NS-7: Didn't like this at all. Lower DPS than even the MKV and while it packs more punch at medium range than other SMG's it never felt like it had enough accuracy using ex-mags or DPS/DPM while using a grip / laser sight.
  6. Iridar51

Can't agree with using ex. mags. If you need more ammo, use a high capacity SMG. It's clear that low-cap SMGs are very skill demanding, and that is how they thrive.
  7. ATRA_Wampa-One

Coming from VS carbines (and AR's)... it's nice to actually use a weapon that doesn't have the worst damage per magazine in the game even if you do miss out on other grip attachments.