How do you combat the GausSAW as TR?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by hello1, Dec 22, 2014.

1. GeminiSol

Typically you'd just want to run a Compensator/Forward grip with your choice of scope, HVR (High Velocity rounds) not included and you got yourself the GAUSSSAW. But, I run 1x Scope, Silencer/Lasersight/HVR.

Because **** being ''Normal''. Who the **** wants to be ''Normal''? Sometimes I put a 6x scope on it, same load out. And I do pretty well with it too. LaserSAW is best CQC LMG. For me at least.
  2. Leivve

With bullets. Lots, and LOTS of bullets.
  3. Apples

I point & click.
  4. Leondre

Sidestep. Seriously that's it. They will miss a shot and be completely screwed. There is no reason you should ever lose a close-med range fight, especially with the default carv or the msw. I've also had great success with the carv-s recently.
  5. Shiaari

This is going to sound a little snarky, but to combat the SAW you generally shoot back. It helps to have good aim too. The SAW's low rate of fire--and high damage per shot--severely penalizes the player for missed shots. To combat the SAW... just don't miss as many shots as he does.
  6. Casterbridge

I just use default carv or MSW-R.

Keep moving and keep shooting, as above mentioned SAW is penalized heavily for missed shots due to lower RoF.
  7. Lord_Avatar

Close the gap and mow him down with your MSW-R.
  8. Kalivix

How do you fight the GaussSAW? your pistol, a knife, harsh language, they should all work. Just unlocked the GODSAW an using it for 20 minutes reminded me how much hell it was auraxing the SAW.. the damage is great sure but its SO inaccurate it makes you want to cry, you can't keep firing as it quickly starts scattering bullets over a 20 mile radius BUT if you try to do it in short bursts the initial kick is so huge you'll be lucky if you can keep your aim anywhere near the person your shooting.

Seriously you need to try using this... the screen shakes so much while trying to aim with it I'm starting to wonder if your character gets parkinsons everytime they equip it
  9. Maxor

Use cover, close the gap and use the TRs best asset, RoF, to melt his face. (Advice only works against lower RoF guns, I am not liable if you attempt this against a higher RoF wielding foe.)
  10. Khallixtus

My best tip is, DO NOT engage them directly if you aren't a heavy assualt yourself. Other than that I find that get a Carv, and shoot him with headshots and chest shots, aim around upper chest/lower neck, you will land most of your shots, and a large number of them will transition into headshots. TMG-50, shoot him in the head a few times, and you are good. Also, a general for fighting, dont stand still, it makes the other persons job so easy, I love it when I come across someone who stands still when they shoot. Take 2-3 steps left, 2-3 right, 2-3 left so on so on. Each time you change direction, it is likely they will miss a bullet or two, depedning on their RPM. The 1-4 bullets you will make the Saw user miss will have a HUGE impact. Also note, do this in every fight you have, it works amazingly, unless they are right infront of you. That's when you start jumping and circling around them.
  11. Covah

Equip CARV or MSW-R

Aim down sights
    ADADADADADAD
    Shoot
    Aim for upper body / head

Good luck
  12. Chazt

Really what works the best for people I am fighting with it is the stupid ADAD spam. Gauss Saw users can not do that without losing control of the weapon, if you just keeping moving left to right you can avoid most shots. Keep in mind you have the faster firing rifle here, and the TTK between the SAW and the CARV (or any other lmg for that matter) is not a huge difference. If you make him miss one bullet, it is a HUGE HIT to them, if you miss one bullet woop de doo, you have 60 more firing right after it.
  13. Halkesh

Use shotgun / SMG while hipfire (100% speed is better than 75%) and ADAD
    Aim the head
    Take HA (face to face)
    Take infiltrator or LA (take him by surprise)
  14. Apples

I use the TMG-50 and win, not much else to say. TMG-50's crazy accurate with grip & comp, it just plows through people.
  15. garret0451

why use comp ? tmg is deadly accurate even with hva and with just semi-decent control it's headshot beast
  16. Apples

Why not make it more universal? It's still good in CQC and can beat a battle rifle at range.
  17. player16

with the bad ping lately i do not at all if not with a knife if it comes to that that gun is terrible
  18. reydelchicken

Usually when using the saw, you shoot a few rounds down range, than strafe+crouch, stand still for a split second and start firing again when you stand up. This resets your COF and allows you to stay mobile without being innaccurate.

Use this at your advantage, and aim at the neck/upper chest area for free headshots when they crouch. It's not a hard gun to beat, just keep your cool and remember that the person that has to really outperform is the player using the gauss saw.
  19. Conflictt

I've seen this exact same thread from the exact same poster quite a few times, I guess the first few threads weren't satisfying?

I can fight back against a Gauss at long range with any TR LMG, granted I'll be at a disadvantage, albeit a smaller disadvantage with the TMG-50. It doesn't take much more than learning how to burst fire properly.
  20. McMan

How do you combat the GaussSaw? What kind of question is that? Combat it like you would combat any other LMG, JUST SHOOT AT THE GUY