Hotfix - that was quick!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tigga, Feb 2, 2013.

1. SlayersGhost

is it time to play yet i wanna kill TR and NC and get TKED by my fellow VS...sadface the gaots are restless
  2. Galaxycommand

Hopefully it will fix:

-Auto Resupply

-shaking and swaying while jump jetting using the NC SMG

-Not being able to resupply medical applicators

-No health bug

etc
  3. Cl1mh4224rd

There may server stability fixes, which may be related to the weird framerate and apparent lag. I've read that a number of servers had been crashing relatively frequently since the update. I hopped onto Mattherson earlier tonight for a little bit (was supposed to be doing other things, heh) and got disconnected after a short while.
  4. Daioh

your largest voice is your wallet

you don't have to pay, ya know. for anything. so really, complaining about the quality of a free product you choose to pay for is kind of stupid
  5. Chiggerbite

/signed

Though it boggles me what IT management philosophy they follow that takes down servers during what I would consider primetime (primetime being evenings and weekends). Every IT and software development company I've worked for avoided doing ANY sort of update during 'busy' hours... for both the customer's and developer's sanity.

I really appreciate the devs being willing to see this through tonight, but after today's patch, I'm really questioning their software and development life cycle practices. There were so many obvious bugs introduced and what seems like poor deployment planning.... makes me wonder what kind of QC they do on this game.....
  6. Keiichi25

Actually, you are paying for 'benefits' within a product that has been delivered to you for FREE. YOU picked playing a FREE product and put money into it to gain extra benefits within it that is completely VOLUNTARY.

You don't have to PAY for anything. You put money in, like the rest of us into a game that didn't DEMAND money, it offered benefits such as getting items without having to put the certs into it. You put money to get in game items that is YOUR choice, but is NOT a must in the game in order to play.

At this point, your argument is INVALID as you consciously paid for the stickers, the little accessories to a PRODUCT YOU GOT FOR FREE.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR... The GAME itself is NOT what YOU paid for.

MOVE ON.
  7. Skadi

No that's not the case, if it was a decimal my HE rounds should technically be going either 65m/s or 6500m/s...
    It was intentional.
  8. Zuleyus

I for one don't understand you.

Does the game have bugs? Sure. Do I wish they'd get fixed? You bet. Did the game deliver tons of fun fighting with and against several hundred to thousand other people since its launch? Hell yeah!

You have every right to be upset. But a lot of people on this board need to reevaluate if their posts here are in any way appropriate to the level of their issues.
  9. Bruiserdog

Where are these tunnels?
  10. Keiichi25

Chigger - There are serious game issues that would have ruined the enjoyment for many people had it kept continuing. Some of them are SERIOUS issues that in some cases, it could be the fix was not a 'simple' fix.

While they should have put this up as a test server, don't forget, people have also been demanding this patch and made a hissy fit as well when it was announced it would be delayed. To be honest, it is nice to see they are trying to fix the more critical issues, as I know from one run... I was flying and crashed because I got hit hard with the lag bug that it made it literally impossible for me to do much except stay on the ground. That would have frustrated others.
  11. FireKetchup

Then please give me access to your time machine. I bought a 6 month membership and some SC up front on good faith that SOE would take care of problems in a timely manner. Of course I won't be putting more money into PS2 if they don't improve.

And seriously, you really should care how the paying customers feel. The point I'm trying to make that no one seems to understand is that without paying customers there is no game anymore.
    • Up x 1
  12. Gavyne

Amp station and Tech plants, you get into them from the spawn room. Go down below, and you'll have multiple ways up. At the amp station 2 routes take you to the wall right above the generators. Good location for defenders to go when having a last stand, because repairing generators would put up all the shields for quite awhile.

The other 2 routes take you to where the SCU is, completely shielded away from aerial & tank bombing spam.
  13. Daioh

that is true, but then just because you put money into something doesn't mean you are entitled to have your problems be top priority. costumer entitlement is something you have to deal with in the retail business, really, if you get the chance, work in retail. the customer expects you to bend over backwards to meet their demands. it might not feel like it because you are using flowery langue, but you are pretty much being a entitled customer.

btw, don't buy anything on good faith, ever. get into a contract if you want, but if you buy on good faith, you need to assume your going to get ****** over.
  14. Zapon

SPAWN ROOM OF TECH PLANTS AND AMP STATIONS- They are slightly hard to find- spawn in a spawn room in either of the above, and do NOT walk outside the shielded doors- explore, until you see the stairs leading down

then descend into the awesome
  15. Bruiserdog

I
    I thought they were gonna be like underground tunnels with exits around the base that would of been cool. Small bases need them, the spawns to me seem like they will be easier camped since enemy can see where ya gonna go much easier with addition exit around the small building.
  16. SlayersGhost

will SOE ever add goats or donkeys.
  17. Keiichi25

So.... FireKetchup... Let's go over what YOU paid for:

http://www.planetside2.com/shop?buy=membership

This.... is what YOU paid for for a 6 moth subscription - XP, Passive Cert Points, Resource increase... In your case 50% more. This is called 'Paying for a benefit'. This is not 'buying the product'. At this time, your expectation and your 'reality' is not jiving to what Reality is.
    • Up x 2
  18. Wasdie

"Take care of problems in a timely manner." You mean how in less than 24 hours after deploying the patch they've acknowledged the existence of several bugs and have brought the severs down to fix them. Less than 24 hours mind you. Not weeks, days, or even months like normal software, less than 24 hours. (Yes normal software where a user will pay over $500 and have to wait 1-2 months before real fixes are applied)

Your expectations for fixes in large scale software are way too high.

You need to just settle down. Seriously. This game isn't going anywhere. It's not like you're running out of time to play it.
    • Up x 2
  19. Gavyne

There are tons of exits now with the new design, tunnels at the amp station gives you 4 routes. But if you don't want to go the tunnel way, there are many ways out from the top of the spawn now. Great for light assaults too because they can hop buildings.
  20. Daioh

you sir, get a +1 for that.