[BUG] Hotfix 02.13.12 – Fixed a bug where jump jet cert progression would not properly advance

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Achmed20, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Achmed20

doesnt seem to work for me.
    max height still the same and recharge rate also still 10 secods like lvl 1.

did any1 else experience the same?
  2. sudosteve

Yes, JJ3 still reaches the same height for me, recharge seems the same. Even equipped DJ then switched back to JJ to be sure. I'm curious to see if anyone can report on JJ4+
  3. Lakora

JJ4 Can't reach warpgate landing pads from the ground. Recharge seems a tiny bit faster could be due to placebo effect tho since they said it would be fixed expectations may have effected judgment of recharge.
  4. Borderline

JJ6 can get about 10m above the warpgate landing pad. Seems to be about 1/2 second of fuel left after the meter reads empty.
  5. Lakora

Ooh... 6 ranks... God damnit it's JJ5 I have than. xD I use drifters mostly so used to it being only 5 ranks for max. So Yeah with JJ5 I couldn't reach up just the edge than dropped. So basically there's no change from the sounds of it.
  6. Geomancer

I tested it with ranks 2 and 3 this morning. Three is a tiny bit higher than two based on my non-scientific testing.

Does anyone know how high the base JJets get you and how high the landing pad is? If we had the base number then it would be a fairly simple matter to determine if what we are getting is what it says we should be getting.
  7. Borderline

No you were right. I miss typed. There are only 5 ranks.
  8. Lakora

Eh... This is getting confusing... xD Either way I got them all EXCEPT the last one... So almost max but can't be bothered to spend 500 on them yet.
  9. BillW

I tested with my three characters just now, with respectively JJ2, JJ3, and JJ4. I captured the video of each jump as well as the recharge times and loaded the videos into VirtualDub. I counted the number of frames in each jump and each recharge. JJ3 had 3 more frames in the jump then JJ2 (140 and 143), and JJ4 had 3 more then JJ3 (146). The recharge for JJ3 was 12 frames less then JJ2 (283 - 271), and for JJ4 another 8 frames less (263). I'm assuming the videos were recorded at 30 frames per second, so I would say the differences were nearly insignificant, certainly not what is advertised in the cert mouseover text.
    • Up x 2
  10. Mrasap

On first impression I didn't notice any difference with my last rank JJ.
  11. blzbug

at 30 fps, each frame is ~0.03 seconds. If we ballpark your number at 10 frames of improvement, that would be 0.3 seconds per level. SOE previously said the recharge increase was 300ms (0.3s). So thanks to your very accurate measurements, it does look like the recharge bonus is working as intended.

Now that it is working properly, we can still raise the very relevant question: 300ms boost? Really SOE?? How about some meat on that bone please!
    • Up x 3
  12. vaxx

Thats what I suggested in the LA roadmap. To actually have the JJ's do wha the tooltip says, or change the tooltip to be more accurate.

With JJ6 its nice and all, but nothing near what it says it should be.
  13. biterwylie

So we are saying Max JJ only give 1.5 seconds additional boost over Minimum JJ.
  14. Minsc

A .3s boost is actually pretty good once you realize it has to recharge a larger fuel capacity. So we are probably getting the proper boost in recharge rate, but it's hard to see because each level also increases the amount that needs to recharge.

My suggestion: instead of increasing fuel capacity have each level increase jet speed. Our flying range would remain the same, but the JJs could actually be used to dodge. It won't be incredibly fast, in order to avoid the bugs that the Icarus Jets had.
  15. Mythicrose12

I wouldn't expect much. Leaving the JJ as they are or only slightly tweaking them gives SOE the chance to reintroduce the Icarus. At least I hope. It'd be nice to actually jet somewhere rather than the current speed.
  16. Aquilae

yep, JJ6 is unchanged. fix it already
  17. chrollo

moral of the story, get drifter jets :D
    • Up x 1
  18. Achmed20

60% more recharge and 40% more fuel would mean that it should recharge something arround 20% faster which it doesnt.

i wouldnt give to much on those 3 fps faster thing. noone one knows if the recharge is client or server triggered. if its server triggered, then it could also just have been lag. either way, recorded or not, you cant "perfectly measure" it by recording anyway and there will always be a small difference this way.
  19. Minsc

I don't think it's significant enough at the moment either. But the ~11 seconds it starts at becomes ~9 seconds at the highest level (which is around a 20% boost).
  20. Splata

Looking at these numbers and how ps2 does most of their cert bonuses (linear jumps in numbers, ie. lvl1 = 8%, lvl = 16%, lvl3 = 24%)
    You can deduce that the Fuel cells go up by about 2% each level and the recharge goes up by 7%.

Admittedly there are a lot of external factors. But there still seems to be a large discrepancy between what is actually occurring and the tool tip

My numbers being:

Supplied Numbers (frames)

lvl 2 lvl 3 lvl 4
    Fuel 140 143 146
    Recharge 283 271 263

Deduced Numbers
    Fuel 102.19% 104.38% 106.57%
    Recharge 106.88% 114.01% 119.94%