[BUG] Hotfix 02.13.12 – Fixed a bug where jump jet cert progression would not properly advance

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Achmed20, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Wolfwood82

JJ5 was the same height as I've seen in videos, as well as the same pre-hotfix, finally got JJ6 today and I'm quite happy with that.
  2. Aeroloulou

I advanced from JJ3 to JJ5 and I must say Im more than a bit underwhelmed. Can't see how JJ5->JJ6 could make much difference either ?
  3. Turiel =RL=

I was at JJ5 prepatch. Once I logged in, it felt like a massive nerf. I could barely get up to areas where I had no problems getting to before. I was forced to buy JJ6 in order to get back to pre-patch status. Overall, it is a definite nerf - regardless what they say! They stole 500 certs from me, but to be honest, it doesn't really matter since I don't know on what to spend them anyways.
  4. St0mpy

This is interesting since it suggests the skills are indeed spaced out correctly and instead its a multiplier missing, a bit like the messed up sensitivity (its out by x100 or two decimals).
  5. Positron234

I just got my JJ6 last night and I went out and tried it right away... I feel like the capacity is higher (I can generally make it higher than i did with JJ5) but the regeneration feels much worse to me! I used to hop in the air with JJ5 and make it pretty far distances because I could regen some in between the bursts... If I try them now I run out of fuel LONG before I did before I upgraded!
  6. Vortok

I tested at warpgate from the stairs of the center top door. JJ1 would generally make me fall through a gap down to the first floor where all the air/ground vehicle terminals are at. JJ2 got me noticeably further, but another character with JJ4 seemed to get about the same distance. Haven't noticed any difference between 2 and 4 post patch.
  7. Iridar51

Yaay, imaginary fix for imaginary bug!
  8. Achmed20

9. Iridar51

[IMG]
    Oh look, I can do this too! It's so much more fun, thank you.
  10. Geomancer

Hell. Maybe there is no bug. Maybe the boost you get from raising levels is "Working as Intended" [(TM) SOE 1999] and the fact that any boost you are getting is negligible was what they wanted and maybe even what the numbers dictate should happen.

If it is then it's kinda ****** though. I'd rather have rank one be a little worse than it is currently and there be a noticeable bonus every time you advance it than have level 2 be functionally the same as level 5. (Can't speak to 6 as I haven't gotten that yet)
  11. Achmed20

you are doing it qrong :D

well whatever, i was refereing to the promised 60% recharge which is not there and therefore far of beeing imginary.
  12. Iridar51

Perhaps. How I see it:
    Stages of (this) Bug Awareness:

Variant 1: Responsible player (1% of local populus)
    Stage 1) Hmm, after several upgrades I'm noticing no effect, perhaps it's bugged?
    Stage 2) Yep, I've tested it several times on different characters with stop-watch, analyzing a video recording I made. I've concluded that upgrades do not give me 40 and 60, instead they give X and Y. I'm gonna file a ticket and patiently wait for the fix.
    Stage 3) In the meantime, create a forum thread, sharing my thoughts.

Variant 2: Average player (99% of local populus)
    Stage 1) Holy ****, this guy on forums says our JJ upgrades are bugged!He says that difference is so small that it can be noticed only in slow motion with stop-watch in hand, but I'm gonna believe him. **** SOE! Also, I believe in Flying Macaroni Monster.
    Stage 2) Whine on forums
    Stage 3) Create numerous threads in LA forum demanding action from SOE, while waging a holy war against those who don't believe in bug's existence.

I respect variant 1. I hold no respect for variant 2, and believe that majority of people here belong to this variant.
    Only a few people actually tested this bug, the rest is just moving along with the herd, enjoying being able to join against common enemy.
  13. Hael

I haven't noticed a difference in max height, but the recharge has absolutely improved. With proper burn I can get way more horizontal travel with the default jets now because it actually recharges quicker
  14. Geomancer

I didn't use a stop watch. I'll admit that I wasn't that thorough. I did the same test Paqu used in his video. At level two I could see over the high skypad at the warp gate but couldn't make it on top. At level 5 I could see over the skypad at the warp gate but couldn't make it on top. Was i getting higher? Maybe? If three ranks don't even gain me a body length of extra height though... man. It just isn't worth taking the certs past two. Regen is a lot harder to eyeball so I won't venture a guess as to what effect the levels have had on that.
  15. Lakora

I'd say I'm Variant 3 than
    Stage 1) Sees a bug thread about jetpacks wondering if maybe it's true or not but doesn't care either way
    Stage 2) Buys L3-5 and notice no difference from L2
    Stage 3) Knows it's been reported so continues to aim for L6 in the meantime.
  16. Iridar51

Notices, right.
  17. Lakora

Meh, I did ask myself if it was "Notices" or "Notice" at that point... Notices just kind of sounded wrong somehow.
  18. Wolfwood82

What about those of us who know it's a bug without having to bother thorough testing, yet don't care as long as they can continue to play the game? Seriously it's not even the worst bug PS2 has.
  19. Iridar51

I happen to know for sure Flying Macaroni Monster exists. I haven't seen one, but I'm pretty sure it does exist. I don't care if it doesn't though, I'm just waiting for God to fix this.
  20. Iridar51

Erm I didn't mean something was grammatically wrong, I don't know English well enough to say those things.