[BUG] Hitbox Changes for the worse

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iPlague, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Nocturn0l

They changed the head hitbox and the body hitbox.
    The problem is not the smaller head hitbox, i think this is a good change, but the hit-detection is very bad on moving targets.
    And this counts for bodyshots as well.
    With certain weapons like SMGs, i'm used to take the finger off the trigger right when my opponets should be dead, not wasting any bullets. This works 95% of the time (pre patch). Now people just stand there and laugh at me, even though they should be dead. I keep having to pump 20 bullets into someone before they finally die.

Also it feels like there is a much bigger delay before shots register than pre patch.
  2. KnightCole

Lol, ive noticed rounds literally flying right through guys, like those dummies in the VR..I fire right at them from close range and my bullets just pass through.....This game's hit detect sucks.. if people claim BF4's is worse, then remind me to never go to that game...evar!
  3. SpcFarlen

What i stated was it is not a wide spread issue as the vocal minority is claiming it as such. I have not had any issue with hit detection at all, with any weapon across all three factions. I have asked outfit mates if they are noticing it at all, nothing to speak of besides a smaller hitbox for the head (as expected). Yet the ones complaining give no information as to what server they are playing on, what time, what their ping is, nor how many people are fighting in the Hex they are in. Just a general "hit detection is off".

That does not give any information to then troubleshoot off of besides "test everything". I went on a rant about being proactive with bug reporting a while back and the same things hold true. You need to supply information on as many variables that effect the bug as possible. With the case of hit registration a lot of it can be an issue with your opponents ping, your ping, and how the information translates (aka motion prediction). If your ping is under 100ms, doesnt jitter, no packet loss (remember you can still have good ping but have horrible packet loss), then yes there is an issue.

Again I am not saying its a non-issue, since there could be a slight issue with motion prediction as there has been in the past, but its certainly not as sensationalized as you are making it out to be.
  4. Flashtirade

I'm getting this as well. I've been racking up way too many headshot finishers when aiming for center mass.
  5. Wobberjockey

well consider that hitting the brain stem /spine would kill you just as dead...

and that ignores the video where there was a headshot to the ches area and a hit that clearly went wide right
  6. KnightCole

NO reason we shouldnt have that happen just as well lol. Getting shot in the spine and stuff...lol. yeah, we would be be dead.

But I like the smaller headshot hitbox. Im ok with less headshot.