High velocity ammo feedback

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Zache, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Zache

So I just purchased high velocity ammo for my t5 amc and the vertical recoil it creates is unbearable, ESPECIALLY for anything that would require the use of high velocity ammo. I have a compensator and advanced forward grip but I still can't keep the recoil under control with it.
  2. SixVoltSamurai

Foregrip doesn't do anything for vertical recoil, take it off. Practice compensating for recoil with your mouse, it will help. On the move is difficult, I will agree.. but if you're putting HVA on your gun then it's designed to be used in bursts at longer ranges, not full auto, hence the greater recoil.
  3. japro

I at first put it into my "outdoors" setup but couldn't really figure out what the real advantage was other than adding extra recoil to the already very jumpy NC carbine *shudder*. As far as I could gather all it does is reduce travel time and vertical drop. That might bring a very minor advantage when firing single shots but then again, I was perfectly fine hitting stuff at reasonable distances with the normal ammo when doing that. So in the end I went back to the default ammo...
  4. Zache

Why would I take it off? It reduces horizontal recoil without any drawbacks.
  5. japro

Because that is where the nade launcher goes :D. (I wouldn't see why you would take it off without having something else to put there though)
  6. SixVoltSamurai

Because you're TR, the horizontal recoil is negligible at best. Laser sight for better hipfire.
  7. japro

Going back to the topic. If anyone has insights what the HV ammo actually does I would also like to know. Just faster travel time seems useless to me to be honest since at relevant distances you have to lead targets anyway and doing so by a few percent more also doesn't change much.
  8. SixVoltSamurai

Less bullet drop over distance firing.
  9. Zache

So there's no damage increase at a distance whatsoever?
  10. Velron

IIRC, there is less damage dropoff on the long range shots with it. Not + damage, but a reduction in the amount of damage drop past 60m. This was something I saw posted by someone else on these forums though, I don't have a legit source for that info.
  11. Chiss

Welcome to NC guns. Enjoy.
    • Up x 3
  12. Achmed20

makes me a proud NC because we can aim AND handle recoil ^^
    • Up x 2
  13. Blitzkrieg

The large amounts of threads complaining suggests the NC can't ;)
  14. Lord Byte

Well if there weren't as many unskilled NC around, you guys would have no one you could kill...
  15. Blitzkrieg

Except large amounts of afk NC all on the forum complaining about their guns.
  16. Harkness

For the NC you can effectively manage you recoil on guns such as he AC-X11 by pressing b and switching it to battle rifle mode. In fact, that carbine makes a better battle rifle than the battle rifles.

Stick your high velocity ammo + suppressor + 3.4x scope + laser sight (for when you actually have to switch to auto and get close) and revel in the fact that the first two shots of the AC-X11 produce ABSOLUTELY NO RECOIL while doing 200 damage per shot (which is is the most damaging gun in the NC arsenal). Basically, high velocity ammo, or anything that screws around with recoil, is very much worth it on the 6-7 guns that have absolutely no recoil for the first few shots anyway...the only problem is this is usually NC guns.
  17. Chiss

The game is imbalanced.
    NC VS and TR guns are all equal at short range.
    As range increases NC falls far behind.

Can't wait for a target range or something, so you guys can stop being lazy and actually try out their guns, instead of pretending you have idea what they are like to use.
  18. Caracal

I get the feeling that most NC are saying recoil, but are actually complaining about CoF/Bloom issues.

Shoot at a wall for 30 seconds is all you need to learn how to control recoil...
  19. Skurcey

Well, the problem with recoil can also come because of low FPS, in my opinion
  20. Phichi

This
    The gun jumping around when you have anything below 30-25ish fps becomes challenging at best. Combine it with a crappy CoF (yes i burst, been playing since mid beta) and you have a recipe for disaster. Which is why i have a tendency to try to stick to the smaller base fights. crown/domes/tech plants just aren't fun.

To the OP, welcome to my world. Not sure how bad your recoil is but if you have trouble keeping the sights down and on target, try shooting a burst at their feet. I have had luck with that when my fps sucks because it drags up their body and alot of the time you'll get a headshot at the end.