High velocity ammo feedback

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Zache, Dec 4, 2012.

1. LordPesusieni

honestly NC guns are at a disatvantage all the similar weapons between the factions have identical time to kill yet NC gets worst recoil and CoF issues while vany gains no bulletdrop and TR have pray and spray.

but back to HV if you ask me it is useless on NC it adds even more recoild allready to the very high recoil we have. Try it on TR weapons and you'll notice that they become more like NC weapons with less Bulletdrop. not to mention if i remember correctly is actually only reduces bullet drop and does not increase speed however i can not confirm this.
  2. wabbitseason

Where do you get this level of complete misinformation? The first shot of the AC-X11 produces .45 x 1.5 = .675 recoil. All subsequent shots of that burst produce .45 recoil.
  3. Hitomo

they produce no left right spray, even more so if you have the grip
  4. Chiss

They just want balanced guns. Thats no crime.
  5. wabbitseason

That also isn't true. Balanced horizontal recoil does NOT equal zero horizontal recoil. How absurdly ******** would it be for the AC-X11 to have both foregrip and advanced foregrip certs, if the gun has no horizontal recoil?
  6. Ghoest

I think you guys are using the term "recoil" for both the recoil machanic in game and the bloom mechanic in games.
    In any case Its not possible to tell what you mean.
  7. Incarnadine

People confuse and often mix recoil and bloom up.

Recoil is manageable no matter how annoying it can get, by pulling the opposite direction of the recoil. Upward recoil is easiest to manage, with one direction horizontally being 2nd easiest. These are nothing to complain about and where alot of people are saying you simply aren't good if you complain bout what NC has.

BLOOM is the killer. Bloom is the difference between your bullet hitting your target and hitting to the left, right, up, whatever of where your sight is on. It's the random factor of you are aiming at a dot, but the bullet doesn't hit it cause bloom increases its random range of where the bullet can go on release. Bloom is (from my understanding) uneffected by grip or compensator which is why it's so god damned annoying. There is no way to "counter" it aside from dramatically slowing down your fire, in a game where ttk is so low that's not a possibility. NC has the worst bloom on average (by far) of any of the 3 factions. Disagree? Make a standard character of each one (bloom again, will be uneffected by grip or compensator to my knowledge as those only effect RECOIL) and aim at a wall bout 50m off, watch how far from your target the bullets spray (even with recoil your sight SHOULD be where the bullets go with no/low bloom), the NC bullets will stray off farther than any other faction on average.
  8. Moor

I use high velocity ammo with my Solstice SF. 3.4x scope and in burst mode and it hits very easily and hard at range.
  9. Phrygen

Any thoughts on High velocity ammo with the gauss now that the gauss has less bullet drop with normal ammo?
  10. doctorzais

Not worth it before and is worth even less right now, assuming the patch didn't reduce HV ammo drop.

Anything that makes hipfiring worst as an LA is a big no no in my book.

Maybe it would be decent for an engineer.
  11. Angelus359

A buddy of mine plays engineer with pulsar C, and a 2x reflex, high velocity ammo, and compensator. He felt the high velocity ammo helped him.

I know he's no LA, but using reflex sight isn't too different from hipfire
  12. doctorzais

Maybe if you're VS :D

NC hipfire is atrocious
  13. P149U3

i don't know what you are doing wrong but i have no problem controlling mine
    i have Comp, ADV foregrip, HV ammo and i still keep mine is tight groups
  14. KodanBlack

I actually like the HV rounds. With the Solstice SF, I really didn't see that much of a change in recoil. It may be that I adjusted to it quickly, but it didnKt seem to be that big of a deal.