Hideous "NEW" Magrider look

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Danagaming, Nov 2, 2013.

1. CptFirelord

Mossie has never been 100% coverage, and prowler has the front and immediate rear of the vehicle (as well as the very visible maintenance areas of the turret) exposed.
  2. Qaz

yeah, that's about the same as the magrider on live. certain areas are not covered and we get a teal line + visible exhausts (see my post on page 1 for a comparison), but then they decided to significantly change the camo coverage. do you think an even brighter red and a huge section somewhere in the middle of the prowler not being covered at all would be a good look? how would you like all of your cosmetic armour plating in burgundy? doesn't sound appealing to me, but maybe you'd like it?

also, do you think the last screen i posted looks ... acceptable? that's giraffe camo + spliced plating, nothing else.
  3. KI-Natas

I think empire specfic vehicles don't need any empire colors.

I wonder why is the empire symbol so small and these stripes so big and fat? ... there is no balance.

I like the live camo coverages more than the testserver uncovered parts.
    Making the game faster is ok, but don't make it ugly.
  4. Cirevam

A Terms of Service or EULA aren't law, but people in the US sure like to treat them like they are. They're just ways to remove liability from a company, and they cannot force someone who agreed to it to do something illegal. They're written in lawyer-language too and you usually cannot choose to agree or disagree to them until AFTER you buy something with a TOS or EULA.

That said, I may not want to or be able to sue SOE for whatever they have done or may do, but I can sure stop playing PS2 and stop buying SC. Not every transgression has to end with a lawsuit. Players are content (things, not happy feelings) in this game, so not playing the game is actually detrimental to the game as a whole... not a whole lot, but it will be felt if enough people do it.

I'd rather SOE not ugly up our vehicles and gear for no reason. The Magrider has one of the most unique silhouettes in the game, yet someone decided that a fat stripe of an ugly bluish-purple would be a good idea. Whyyyyy? It's not like putting giraffe camo and a red decal on it will affect faction recognition like you can with a Lightning.
  5. MurderBunneh

Your art dept is awful. If you continue this heavy handed approach with faction colors I will not buy any more camo EVER. And I play NC not VS. Your art dept is terrible.

Look at player made helmets then look at the crap art dept put out.

Point made have a nice day.
  6. CptFirelord

I think it looks fine. But that's just my opinion.
  7. oherror

Tanks huh you mean all tanks right...cause its just more fun if you have no limits!

Are the spiky bits optional like pay money optional. If so its not really that bad,
    • Up x 1
  8. MurderBunneh

I know it is much better balance to let you have a BLACK tank at night I see no advantage there.
  9. Van Dax

The magrider has lights on it, I assume that counterbalances things.

Besides this the current magrider is all royal purple with teal and teal emissives, whats wrong with that?
  10. PastalavistaBB

They just "nerfed" the Infiltrator camos a short while ago because people couldn't tell which faction they were from. And now somebody is complaining about Faction Colours on vehicles? VS has the huge advantage of an almost black camo on their infantry armor and Magrider. It's just expected that there should be some kind of faction treat.
  11. MurderBunneh

I am all for more camo coverage for all factions. As long as it is balanced and not like it is on live where my VS enemies get all black default and I can't cover up my YELLOW no matter what camo or armor I wear.
  12. Qaz

There is no way you can miss a magrider or mistake it for something else. It is the fattest tank there is (yes, it's bigger than both the van and the prowler) and it has a huuuge profile thanks to the increased hover height. Also, try giraffe camo ... it covers up the yellow quite nice. That being said, none of the tanks can really cover up their teal, red or yellow. The newest mag design is just taking it a huge step farther.
  13. MurderBunneh

I wasn't strictly talking about tanks. Do you care to compare our infantry colors and coverage? I don't think you do.

What I do care about is what is happening to the Infil's and Mags. This will not sell more camo it will cause less to be sold. Less money coming in directly affects the game. Whoever decided that we should get less coverage from our camo purchases is a moron and should be fired immediately. REALLY. Anybody that chooses to upset their companies customers and cause less sales is not a valuable asset.

Just for the record I don't play Infil or drive alot of tanks so no I don't really have a horse in this race.
  14. Damingo

Here in Australia we have this awesome thing where a company can't make you sign your rights away as a consumer, no matter what they get you to sign. Basicly Australian common law trumps SOE law. Hazah! Oh and since they sell to Australian customers they are subject to Australian law. Huzah again!
  15. Gnomemercy

What's this law called "TL:DR act" ? :p but in all seriousness I would be intersted in reading up about it if you could find me a name or link it would be appreciated. I still think you would be hard pressed to win a legal battle with SoE for changing their Intellectual property. I would also like to see how this law would apply if you were caught using 3rd party software and had your account banned, from what you are saying you can use this law to get it back if you have bought something with SC on that account? As their ToS won't apply to you, which would include the 3rd party software part.
  16. Gnomemercy

meh can't edit "TL : DR act" *
  17. Gnomemercy

Ok that was some interesting reading 7am :) and it's a quagmire out there :p it seems what it boils down to is the place of purchase and if it's outside of Australia or New Zeland, and as SoE are based in California you might be subject to US trading laws...when it comes down to the refunding of SC.
  18. Damingo

Nope they are subject to the laws from where they do business in
  19. Gnomemercy

Your consumer laws apply in Au and New Zeland and companies wishing to operate within these countries have to apply to this law, so if you bought a Sony product in Australia it would be subject to your ACL, now the fact they are based in the US means they are not in Australia or New Zeland.

But please, for the sake of argument go and try and get your refund for camos, I would be interested in seeing their response to you, I think it would be along the lines of "It's a vehicle camo not a magrider exclusive camo". So infact they have changed nothing of the camo just their model for their magrider, you still have what you payed for.

A Swedish person tryed using "Distance and Doorstep Sales Act" which applies to Swedish citezens against SoE and was told pretty much the same thing "We are a US based company"
  20. Chipay

You seem to miss the point.
    -This is not the Purple color VS uses
    -The faction colors are applied in a horrible way.

I'm not complaining about the colors they use, i complain about them changing our faction colors and to top it off apply it in a way it looks unattractive.