Hideous "NEW" Magrider look

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Danagaming, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Danagaming

What is going on?!?

Those colors don't match at all with any camouflage. IT take the whole fundamental Idea being stealthy "blending with environment" with those bright colors. AND THIS IS IMPORTANT!

That guy who made this change should really really really ask somebody else if they could help him/she with color matching. At least refund us SC for all those camouflages and exteriors we purchased prior to this change! This is what we demand if this sticks to the end. ( Not alone with this matter, plenty of outfit members + friends say the same )

Suggestion:
    Allow player to choose which color he wants in exterior, black, purple, green, gold etc.
    AND if that over saturated PURPLE and GREEN thing must be in there, then make IT possible to be removed with camouflage

[IMG]
    • Up x 11
  2. YoXn

I like it. But I have horrible taste, that might mean something.
    • Up x 2
  3. LibertyRevolution

I don't understand this post...

You are mad they put empire colors on your vehicle?

Vanguards have had yellow stripes on them since launch, and prowlers have red lines on them.. get over it.
    • Up x 11
  4. daniel696

Everything having his empire colors is perfect and balanced, soon every faction will have this, I hope.
    • Up x 4
  5. [HH]Mered4

True enough. But if they are making camo less effective, they should make it cheaper eh?
    • Up x 7
  6. BeyondNInja

It's the infiltrator camo coverage all over again...

I'd like to point out that the vanguard side armour has always had this problem - a) it looks terrible, b) it's not covered by camo

I'm not defending it but maybe they're adding bright markings to VS stuff in preparation for darker nights or something?
  7. BeyondNInja

I respect that argument with infantry (giraffe camo anyone?), but with Faction Specific vehicles?
    • Up x 2
  8. daniel696

Yes the vehicles are from a Specific faction so there's no need for that.. but I think this will be the future standard.
  9. Ravenorth

What makes this even more funnier that SOE just recently made an official post about camouflages and how to use them right to blend in environment by hiding your faction colors.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...in-sight-are-you-using-camo-correctly.152207/

"Camouflage has many uses on Auraxis, from displaying the proud colors of your Empire to helping you stay hidden. Choosing the right camo for the job is an important skill for any soldier, so here are a few tips to help you get it right:"

They are clearly saying that camos are supposed to be functional items instead of just cosmetics.
  10. Anivex

Its for darker nights...perhaps they could make the teal there purple and glowing...at least wouldnt look like that

however as different as the three tanks are i dont really see the point of increasing the size of faction colors on them.
  11. Danagaming

What do you not understand with this post?
    That all our camouflages which we purchased, which currently In live sever covers 90% but in this new change we get maybe 40% of our camouflages shown.Where do you see here the idea of "blending with environment"
    Or maybe you are confused that our exteriors are now not having camouflages, but NC and TR exteriors can have camouflages on them.

I don't understand what you don't understand.

We already have empire colors in our vehicles, just like vanguards and prowlers, ours is green line. I suggest you open your eyes before commenting suck a nonsense.
    WE do not need more faction based color especially LIKE THOSE, our silhouette is pretty noticeable, if you mistake prowler for magrider, I really recommend you to open those eyes little bit more...

Ignorance with comment equals, absolutely nothing...
    • Up x 3
  12. sharrock00000

As you said "From displaying the proud colors of your empire to helping you stay hidden." Now let me emphasize on part of that. "FROM DISPLAYING THE PROUD COLORS OF YOUR EMPIRE." Seriously if you think those are bad you should see the NC camo that looks like someone vomited all over a blue paint job. There are practical camos even for the VS. All factions have these dumb kinds of camo and they are a option, not required. This is seriously nothing to whine about or complain about.
  13. Danagaming

In all seriousness I do think that Vanguard got the short end of the stick when it comes to "looking pretty" with heavy tanks from the launch day, but from day ONE I knew that I would never buy any camouflage nor exterior for my Vanguard just because it just does not look good on it. I still play time to time with my Vanguard, but will never fully love it.
    In other had I love my Magrider as it is, I loved it so much that I actually purchased the exteriors and different camouflages to make it look even more "prettier". The whole idea of this post was to tell DEV team that they should leave Magrider in shape that it is currently in live server, not to change it to look more hideous.
    I put my money in to these exteriors and camouflages thinking that they will stay like this forever, or at least get even more cool looking, not other way around.
    How would you feel like if you buy new car and few weeks later the manufacturing company came in night and changes the whole look of your car to something that you did not want and put money it to? please tell me how does this make you feel?
    Does it feel good when change makes your Ferrari look like Toyota Prius?

I just want change to better or money refund for all vehicle camouflages and exteriors from VS faction immediately when this goes live. When talking real money, I don't like to be screwed over.
  14. Ravenorth

I wasnt complaining, I was just pointing things out. I´m pretty much fine with the Magrider change, I think it looks more cool, but also because I´m not a tanker and havent bought any camo just for Magrider. However just because it doesnt affect me so much I can still understand those who are upset because of the recent changes.

Who wouldn´t get upset when they make official posts about how to use camos right to blend yourself in the environment to make people buy their over overpriced camos and then later change them to something totally different, which does everything else than help you to blend in environment?

If you are unable to understand that then I feel really sorry for you.
    • Up x 1
  15. Qaz

and we've had a teal stripe since release as well. difference is, you get almost 100% camo coverage on vanguards right now, while it feels like the magrider has been reduced from 100% to less than 50, especially with the now horrible spliced plating. it's not warranted and makes the magrider look ugly. i mean, they nerfed the weapons, the strafe, buffed everyone else ... and now they're gonna make it ugly? i mean ... really?

Edit: Just so everyone has a frame of reference, i'm adding a pic of all tanks on live with giraffe camo.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
    • Up x 5
  16. Pikachu

The camo coverage is awful.
    • Up x 2
  17. Sulsa

The forward sweeping colored lines of the magrider look really cool.
    A big floating object is not stealthy.
  18. R3dBeaver

holy cow...

that looks... VERY different.

but meh....(says the LA who loves destroying tanks with C4)
  19. KI-Natas

The Magrider and the other main battle tanks don't need these big fat site-stripes because the MBT is empire specific.
    Vanus have no prowler or vanguard (trust me).

The camos should cover everything except special colored things like chrome or gold exteriors.
    Or let the player decide how the tank should look.

ESFs are same.
    • Up x 1
  20. IamDH

Looks better like this tbh