[Suggestion] Hi! I'm a former Planetside 2 vet. Want to know why I don't play?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Duke, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Duke

I REALLY want to meet this stew guy.
  2. Chowley

I preferred Stew when nobody could understand him..... not a word he said.
  3. LordMondando

The 'son' internet trope has been stupid for a while now.

I allways love it when people see their server as PS2. We manage fine on Miller and we had some of the worst population issues. We also had some pretty toxic outfits. Try harder. This game necessarily involves the cooperation of hundreds of people against each other, its the nature of the game and its not going to change, we manage to do it pretty well x 3. Why can't you.

Also duck the point if you want, a ****ton of metagame is coming, your just impatient.

Again, farewell. Have the courage of your convictions and leave allready this swansong is boring now.
    • Up x 1
  4. TrainerS2

Planetside 2 vet ^^ muhahahahaha
    The game is still in beta :D it need al lot of chenges !!! and you after few months wona be veteran muhahaha kids :p
  5. ValorousBob

I although I agree with you in general, that's not a valid reason to play PS2. All those other games do small arms combat better then Planetside. If PS2 didn't have the MMO/Open World aspect it'd be a pretty bad game. The problem is there really isn't ANY incentive to winning fights. Basically PS2 is a massive scale Team Deathmatch with less fun infantry combat then the other TDM games. The 'massive scale' part of PS2 can only entertain us for so long.

Full disclosure, PS2 is my favorite FPS of all time, but we all need to admit it doesn't live up to the hype set by it's own devs, or the originality of it's predecessor.
    • Up x 1
  6. ValorousBob

I've been waiting patiently since like October when we were all saying "this game is still deep in Beta, you can't release it with zero metagame..."
  7. NinjaTurtle

You're a PS2 vet?

Since when did we get pets in the game?!?!?!?!?!
    • Up x 1
  8. LordMondando

So SOE need to just go faster?

Whats done is done and the magical 9 month shh its not beta has been fun I guess, but thats market forces for you. Development cycles are hard to justify in the face of returning a profit now given how full of utter tripe the market is. I imagine at some point there was a meeting, in which the remaining development goals and the time frames probably needed were simply not the overriding concern compared with bringing the product to market and starting to turn a profit. Welcome to market economics everyone. Sony was not in rude health then and could only likely justify so many long development time games that risked turning into white elephants.

Either way, its coming, all the metagame anyone could ever really want. Its not something that can be done at the drop of a hat and the first major installment, which I also have been bullying the **** out of SOE to include ASAP is around 4-8 weeks away. A tangible logistics network, hows that for strategic context to your actions. Then another 8 or so weeks after that we'll be fighting to and from 4 major continents and 3 or so minor ones. After that who knows. But in terms of making the player effect the larger game world and in an entirely PVP enviroment, is there anything else even touching PS2 at that point, nope.

So at this point, you can either be patient, or you can just leave. I'm from an old werner PS1 outfit, plenty of people, who are not drama queens, from the get go were like, this has far less metagame than PS1 had, its not for me at the moment, see you in x months and went and played eve or whatever. That's how an adult does things.

Its this melodramatic swansong 'the sky is falling and soon you'll see I told you so!11!1!!!' is just ********.

Your not that smart or enlightened and we don't need to read your 95 thesis hammered to the cathedral door of forumside. Just go away.

Adults don't ***** and moan then hang around trying to make sure everyone agree's they'll really be missed and everyone will definitely cry at their funeral, and people have been doing it for months.

I reserve the right to use them as foils and mock them.
    • Up x 1
  9. SgtBreastroker

I stopped playing because I got a bunch of games in the summer sale. That and I was slightly burned out. Hopefully some good things will be in game once I log back on. The amount of games I got should keep me occupied for a good 2-3 months. :D
  10. mpal

Why the hell do people need incentives to play a video game? I didnt need an incentive to play counterstrike for countless hours. Stats were only tracked on a per server level. I play to have fun and to win. I like the general infantry mechanics of this game and rickrolling armor/air with infantry. Sure the features listed that will be implemented will increase the depth of the game, but I enjoy the base game as it is now (provided I can find a good fight).
    • Up x 1
  11. Goretzu

Did you ever play Planetside 1?

Because the more they make it like (or just complete the game like) PS1 the better it will be.

I think part of the problem is PS2 was released with about 20% of the content of PS1 when it was released (never mind when it was expanded).
  12. Negator

So Duke, we get it man. Youre a late 30s early 40s with an average rig and an average skill set. You play with the same 5-10 buddies, and never seriously. You want to log in, have the time of your life without thinking, and log off. You've never seen this game from the perspective of being in an outfit that knows how to move 60 people around efficiently, or deal with 'problems' like 'vehicle spam'. You want to join any open squad and expect the same performance.

Good leaders and outfits break stalemates. You appear to have neither. Go back to CoD where the organizational skill ceiling is much closer to what you're capable of comprehending. Go back to CoD where the 'reason' to play is the scoreboard at the end of every match that defines your existence.
    • Up x 1
  13. Patrician

And CoD: Black Ops 1, 2, Modern Warfare, MW2, MW3, Battlefield 1942, Road to Rome, BF2142 offer what extra, over and above PS2 exactly?
  14. Chowley

I agree I really Miss CS up to 1.6, COD 1 :p, Wolfenstein ET. When games were just games and people played for fun. I always found it hard to understand when people would say "you cant let the cert gain go too high, people will stop playing when they unlock everything in a month" what? Cant people just treat unlocks as a variety on playstyle and not the whole reason to play a game as it should be. Kind of sad really.
  15. Codeak

But you are helping your faction!! ISNT THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU PEOPLE
    • Up x 1
  16. Ash87

Mmmkay duke, See you next week.
  17. Bine

Gosh, why bother winning matches in CoD? It just resets every round! *Rolls eyes*
    • Up x 1
  18. TheBlindFreak

"zero tangible incentive"? Explain to me how CoD or any other shooter has tangible incentive.

Anyways, you play for fun.

Also, there's your problem:
    "hold it for 30 minutes with 4 people"
    and you can't seriously complain that a squad larger than your own coordinated and pulled some vehicles to get to the base you're defending. That's the point of the game, you work together with other people. If you expect to be able to defend a whole base with 4 people, you are doing it wrong. Go back to your fratboy bro-shooters if you want small battles with even teams.
  19. KlyptoK

This is amusing.
  20. RealityWarrior

Don't Care, Didn't Read

No go away
    • Up x 1