"Hey little lady..."

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Col_Jessep, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Col_Jessep

So I made a Vanu toon to compare ESFs and have a MBT that actually feels like it is moving. I went with a female toon on VS because I felt if I have to wear purple spandex I might as well go all the way... =3

We had a very nice ghost capping session. (I'm young and need the certs!) Our Galaxy pilot went to bed after we took Indar (great pilot, will hop in again!) and I'm standing at the warp gate looking at the map. Off to Esamir, looks like there might actually be a fight going on in the small hours of the night - YAY!!!

I look at the chat and read:

Okay, that's not creepy at all. Especially when considering that I'm 35y/o dude who plays PS2 in the early morning hours due to his insomnia. (I rarely sleep more than 4-5 hours.) And what if I would actually have been one of the few female gamers? You got to do better than this - I hope.

So please restrain yourselves and don't try to hook up with female toons at the warp gate. Because next time I'll try to arrange a RL meeting in an expensive hotel in Paris or Venice if I'm feeling mean. :cool:

Cheers!
    • Up x 6
  2. FoolishLobster

Hey little lady.
    • Up x 4
  3. Sebastien

What's creepy is that you made a female Vanu
    • Up x 4
  4. CzingerX

That's some Planetside 2 dedication right there. :cool:
  5. LameFox

Hey, for all you know they might expect that.
    • Up x 2
  6. Kugelfisch

Fun fact: Every female character is played by some dude in his 30ies. Welcome to the internet!
    This is the real PSA.
    • Up x 5
  7. Llaf

Don't ever play a regular MMO like WoW.
    • Up x 2
  8. Wobberjockey

actualy no

the 'gender bending' phenominon has been studied

about 50% of guys make female characters, but only 10% of females make male toons.

TMYK
  9. LameFox

Do you suicide to keep your K/D precisely at 2 or is it just coincidence/bugged?
  10. Col_Jessep

Fair enough I guess.
    I play a Khajiit thief in Skyrim. Doesn't mean I purr while I pick locks in RL... ;P
    • Up x 3
  11. Sebastien

At least you didn't make a character just to stare at it's ***, and then get confused when people actually think you're a chick.
  12. Kristan

Many
    Men
    Role
    Playing
    Girls
    • Up x 10
  13. Col_Jessep

Lol, no. I just felt a female ton would go better with purple spandex.

Btw, I get the feeling that I have an easier time to get ammo/heals/repairs as female toon. Not 100% sure since I'm only level 9 so far but it certainly seems that way. :)
  14. Badname3073

I think avoidant personality disorder is more or less common in male RPG players. Females, however, are predominantly borderline HPD
  15. tastyBerryPunch

I made female NC alt and one time, when I was just standing at their warpgate as an infiltratr, a guy comes up and starts complementing my *** with the typical "dat ***" comments. I loled.
  16. Cl1mh4224rd

...it might be Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.
  17. Xarx

Gaming is not like it was years ago, there are tons of female "gamers" these days. There was also a pretty recent study that showed female "gamers" actually outnumber men.
  18. Kristan

[IMG]
  19. Col_Jessep

In some types of games, social games, Minecraft, regular MMOs. Kind of doubt that that is the case in PS2.

Unless we assume that the majority of players who refuse to use their mic ingame is female. If that was the case... :eek:
  20. tastyBerryPunch

I heard a female using the mic once. I was shocked that girls actually play this game.:eek:

But if I'm serious, I doubt that female gamers make up more then 20% or even less of the playerbase.