Helios - The Excuse We Call a Server

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Terrex, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terrex

Transfers aren't going to fix this server, probably just make it worse. The population for TR here can't even hold up 1 consistent fight throughout the day let alone 1 fight on another continent aside from Indar. This server needs to be dissolved into another one in hopes of fixing it's garbage population. Those little updates effect us a lot more then the higher population servers considering we can only have 1 force in most situations at a time. Seeing how the fights have been progressively smaller and crappier makes it almost disheartening to play considering how much fun potential this game has.

Back to rocketing..
    • Up x 2
  2. Hibiki54

Dude, I play on Helios as NC and besides Amerish and Esamir being a round-about joke cap fest between three factions depending on the hour, TR and Vanu are regularly pushing NC back to their Indar warpgate. That is, until we decide to do something about it.

TR and Vanu always have a higher server population than NC on Helios.
  3. Terrex

Please keep the trolling to a minimum. If you have something constructive to contribute, please do.
  4. Salads

Just yesterday I saw the Indar Populations at around 34% for all three factions. Also, the TR pushed the VS's **** in pretty good yesterday as well. I think allot of people are just frustrated for the game's many bugs and lack of optimizations. I know quite a few people who are switching games until the patch on January 30th is coming out. So, this just might be a repercussion of that fact. =P
  5. Terrex

This has nothing to do with the games "bugs or lack of optimizations". Go play on another server for a bit or make a TR and play on Helios. I've put over 23 days playing time on this server and I've seen it go downhill since release. The population is NEVER balanced.
  6. Hibiki54

How am I trolling you when I just pointed out that your faction, TR, has a higher server population than my faction, NC?

Each side has a drastic population imbalance depending on the time of day. What is hurting Helios is the lack of population in general on either continent than Indar. ALL the good fighting is on Indar, 95% I want to say. The transfers will allow players on other servers to come over and bring the general population up. It doesn't matter what faction they are on. The more we have on Helios, the more relevant Amerish and Esamir will be besides being easy XP and vehicle discounts coupons.
  7. Necron

I play on Helios and have a BR22 TR on the server. The TR there can do more with less than any other faction. If the numbers were balanced the TR would own the server, because, unlike the VS there, the TR don't need numbers to win.

Beside what the hell do you care? BR94 and 15 to 1 KDR. You just spam Libs or ESF and kill infantry anyway. You aren't really playing the game. Do you want a balanced faction so you can stat-pad even more? I would think less TR would mean you have more VS infantry spawns to camp to stat-whoer yourself.
    • Up x 2
  8. Cl1mh4224rd

I'm sorry... what was constructive about your opening post? Also, it seemed more trollish to me than Hibiki54's response.
    • Up x 2
  9. Terrex

Another amazing post in which "your pop has higher pop then mine".

READ the topic again, thanks.

Yes, we sure can. This still doesn't address the issue we have maybe 1 TR per 1.5 - 2 vs / nc at any given point. Or the fact the other two continents are almost empty compared to Indar. The changes they make to the game drastically effect us more with the lower population compared to the higher balanced servers. This is an issue and it is really starting to hurt the gameplay.
  10. Salads

I already have a TR character, so that's already covered. =)

So how then do you propose that we balance the populations? Force people to take leave on their jobs to play some PlanetSide 2?

Maybe it just so happens that there are more people playing in the East Coast rather than the West? =P
  11. Blarg20011

I saw a time when the VS had 49% pop. 49%, on Indar alone, yet the TR commanded the northern half of the map. TR STRONG! I will upload a pic later for proof, it is on another computer.
  12. Terrex

Merge the low population servers? How will that do more harm then good? It probably wont.
  13. nukularZ

Merge Helios with Connery and call it "Miller West".
    • Up x 1
  14. Myuyum

It is a fact, if you have a decent /played and check the population bonuses, TR is way below the regular VS/NC. I surely saw NC being low too for sure, but it happens for an hour before back to normal. I have 300+ hours played on my char and I approximately always had the population bonus.

This is also true that Esamir and Amerish are deserted on Helios. No offense for the few valiants fighters here, but this is a MMO, not a 10 versus 10 counterstrike ffa map.

Now regarding a possible merge of two servers, we also need to avoid overpopulation. Being spawn campd at the Warpgate would be frustrating for any faction. But yeah the "transfers" are not going to help a server already half-empty, as I do not have knowledge of another one being full with players who want to move to avoid being zerged.
  15. Salads

Merging the low population servers would help, but only in the short term. Thinking from a business perspective, what if later on the growth of these servers expands to a point where more servers are needed? I think that's probably the mindset the executives at SOE have in mind.

I like that name! ^^
    • Up x 1
  16. Swoll

Good post, I play on Helios and will be transferring but like Terrex says this will likely not fix the issue. You're just going to have more population fluctuation and imbalance. The servers need to be merged to create a higher total population.
  17. FateJH

Let's put it this way: Helios server's Indar continent has never been locked. No one has ever controlled the whole thing, and faction's generally are capable of maintaining static frontlines, with good advances from time to time, but holding beyond those advances is difficult. TR population is typically the lowest and VS is typically the highest; the NC vary, but never exceeds the VS; despite these imbalances, competition on the continent is still strong.
    • Up x 2
  18. Terrex

Call it what you want. We both know I am right. The changes are noticeable but not game changing completely for me. Think of the average pilot or not having level 4 composite. Take your half-*** trolling and whatever whatever else, put it away and if you'd like to contribute please do.
  19. Efraim

logged in lastnight and VS had 47% NC had 35%. I logged right back out
  20. ROMNEYTRON

I lead an Outfit on Helios and the server is pretty on and off. However when it's ON, during the later hours of the day, there's more than enough people for a battle.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.