Haven't Played For 8 Months - Some Questions

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by KTsAviOr, Sep 17, 2013.

1. zaspacer

I suggest even if you don't expect to try it out for another 6 months, that you keep the game installed and log in... then log out once a day.

Logging in 1 time each day gives you 12 Certs. Over 6 months that's ~2160 Certs. With that kind of coin to burn, you'll be able to loadup your Infil with whatever snazzy "must have" abilities that will keep your Infil from being obsolete.
  2. WycliffSlim

The radar thing and the the fact that your radar ping shows up are both horrible changes. I've always found the recon dart idiotically designed. It's meant for a stealth class, yet it's a glowing ball that makes a loud noise, and the radar scanning shows up on the ENEMIES map.

In small areas I actually have a hard time convincing myself to use it if there's only a few people around because you may as well just say, "hey, there's a semi-visible guy running around here waiting to shoot you in the face"!!
    • Up x 1
  3. DeadliestMoon

Now that's just not true.
  4. DeadliestMoon

You didn't need to uninstall. Also you can play other classes you know.
  5. DeadliestMoon

The EMP not removing the UI is obviously a bug, I don't think it's intentional. Unless the effects tampers off further away from the center. Well if you are having trouble now that the cloak on low/very low settings is near invisible and just a shimmer on medium settings and up then I don't know what to tell you.
  6. Vaphell

true that. It's hard to use darts now when the enemies would have to be blind not to see the circles. Few times i saw the red dots heading towards the center of the circle in search for easy certs as soon as dart was placed. Why would i want to draw attention especially when sporting BASR? Dart has become almost worthless for actual self-defense when operating alone and is only good for spamming from behind allies' backs to get a cut from other people's kills.
  7. Stinneyt

• Up x 1
  8. DeadliestMoon

Obviously I was referring to the first claim. But now that you provided "evidence", now all that's left is it's validity.
  9. Stinneyt

OK. I made a claim. You refuted it and the burden of proof was on me.. I have since provided evidence to support the claim.
    You can either accept it or make a counter claim with some evidence of your own.

EDIT: and now statistics from another source:
    Another graph that shows around 7000 players. On 9 servers. So roughly 777 players per server, or 250 or so players per continent.
    http://sirisian.com/planetside2/population.php?world=all&timezone=0
    http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&jstime=1&appid=218230&from=1352534400000&to=End Time

Its not really living up the 'M' of MMO.
  10. zaspacer

I'd don't think player distribution across continents is even. Indar has most the population by far, except during Alerts that involve the other continents.

I think it's all relative. Indar still feels Massively in terms of poulation during most times relative to non-MMO games. Esamir and Amerish on the other hand are frequently ghost towns and could easily be a non-MMO game.
  11. Stinneyt

Hence my second point was that the alert and lattice system are to concentrate the few remaining players into specific areas to hide the fact that hardly anyone is playing.