Haven't played for 2 months.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MaxDamage, Jul 22, 2013.

1. Tradewind

lol I think the only thing that kept me going for so long at the time was that the Assassin PvP armor was pretty bad *** looking.
  2. Delta102

Huttball was the best thing to come out of swtor pvp. The game had serious potential but they blew it when they dropped pvp entirely and focused on pve which was meh at best.
  3. Tradewind

What killed it for me is that it was only huttball over and over and over and over. Server I was on (don't even remember the name now...Dark something, **** it) was very Empire heavy population wise. Huttball being the only intra-faction battleground. It was pretty much the only thing you'd ever play and it was tiresome.
  4. Delta102

They made it so all of the maps are now inter-empire making huttball pretty rare, one of the reasons the game got meh for me was the lack of hutball.
  5. Tradewind

I suppose that's good, honestly I quit playing it over a year ago and have no desire to return. But map variety being nice, I wouldn't want to keep fighting the same people either. It was nice fighting against republic, made it feel more special lol.
  6. Yasa

I like how you disguise your real intention of the post, which is to complain, behind a question on game updates.
    Of course a normal person, if curious about game updates, would just log on and find out in 2 minutes.
  7. MaxDamage

I wasn't expecting positive responses to a negative thread, so props to those who managed it.

Having NPCs in a game, contrary to one reply, does not make a game "WOW".
    If that is the limit of the scope of your imagination, I pity ya.

I'm thinking more along the lines of people in friendly locked down zones giving some kind of lore/story element. I'm not particularly enamoured of the idea of "raids" or pve intervention - there is a lot more that NPCs can do - however you've been fed a diet of predictability by lazy developers and naturally many cannot see past the cookie cutter ****e you've been pushed for 10+ years.

This is SOE, these are creative people - not afraid to push boundaries and strike first with innovative ideas.
    They will however, let you shoot down ideas, even if theirs are better than yours.

Sith Marauder. It is fantastic, the storyline for the main quest is absurdly good.. even if I do disagree with the main "twist".
    It is worth it to see Malavai Quinn get his scrawny sycophantic backstabbing *** beat up.

However I made a Sorceror the other week and they are LAUGHABLY easy to play with in PVP.

Not tried agent, but thx for tip.

Hahaha!

I can't stand that particular battleground.
    SWTOR has come a LONG way since launch though , I heard it was crap on release.

It's one of the best solo/co-op games out there, easily. It's rich, you can tell some serious money and talent was put into it. I don't know about long term, but I'm not looking for a game to spend the rest of my life playing and this has given me some of the best gaming/storyline experiences in 30 years of gaming in the space of 2 months, and not sparingly!

It is one of the best games ever made.. whatever its state was on launch.
  8. MilitiaMan

I'm sorry to hear this.

It was great in the first 6 months, I went back a month ago.

My reaction?

[IMG]
  9. ent|ty

The best has come and gone. It's all deathmatch circle to deathmatch circle now.
  10. LordMondando

Pffffftt.

Go away max.
    • Up x 1
  11. Peter Daniel

Only if you can blow them away...
  12. Gendomaoken

I agreed, SWTOR storytelling was truly epic exerience. Or rather shall i say WOULD BE if they actually cared to give ANY MIMIC EXPRESSIONS to characters ingame. The movie you showed proves it, theres a TON of situations where my sith inquisitor blasts people with lighting and tortures them and they all keep wearing poker-face. This totally kills good immersion for me, cause i dont really feel seriously if guy screams like he writhes in pain, and his face is "MEH".
    And yeah, when i returned to game to check it some time ago, i had an impression of W-T-F? Game fell pretty low, i think, pity, cause it had potential. We are to thank to EA for destroying yet another wonderful MMO. Yes, EA bough BIOWARE and hastened SWTORS release, made alot of similar decisions to those in warhammer online, to make game more WoW-alike, instead of innovative.
    Yes, sorry i believe SWTOR was pushed to be something to battle with WoW, but even 300mil dollar wasnt enough to save game from failed decisions, like bashing PVP, and ultimate fail of its system.
    Also engine was horrible... Nice graphics, but performance problems it caused, and requirements it had to run on max, JEEEEZ.
    Thats why i am also living in fear, cause now EA now holds SOEs balls, and with that PS2...
  13. Syphers

They killed off the sandbox element with the Lattice though, now it's pointless to go anywhere else than the rails. Trying too hard to be like battlefield they stepped away from what made the first game great.
  14. LivesInNameOnly

lore sucks, and story is boring. go away nerd
  15. Goretzu

What on earth would NPCs DO in PS2?

There's simply no need for them. :confused:

It's like adding an ice cream dispenser to a car......... sounds cool, but would be pointless in reality.

It was fine on release, it just basically was what it still is now, a solo player MMO, once you hit L50 and the solo story runs out it become a very bland, very generic MMORPG (only it was subscription without the Cashshop on release).

You sound exactly like everyone that ever played SWTOR (including myself), they absolutely love it for the first ~50 levels then realise how terrible it is (your alts will be doing 90% the same content to L50 and 100% past L50). They've said there'll never be 8x class story again, it was too expensive to make for the first 50 levels.
  16. Mordarao

YEEEEAH !! give me girly NPC's for bikini washing my Vanguard
    costs 1 smedbuck !! think off the revenue on this SOE

:p