Has the Orion EVER got nerfed?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Scr1nRusher

I know the SAW & the CARV got nerfs in the past, but it seems like the Orion has escaped the "Default LMG nerf", that the others have went threw.
  2. Posse

Yes it did, like every other LMG in the game
    • Up x 2
  3. Scr1nRusher

well do you know the patch it was in?

Also I'm not talking about the LMG hipfire nerf and such, that was general.

I'm talking about direct nerfs
  4. TheBand1t

They gave it more recoil and lowered it's velocity

I could be wrong about the recoil
  5. Posse

They lowered its velocity, that's the only thing I remember.

That said, I don't remember any nerf to LMGs aside from that velocity nerf to the Orion and the general hipfire nerf.
  6. Scr1nRusher

The CARV and the SAW got more recoil.
  7. GrandpaFlipfox

The SAW also got it's max damage range brought in when the Tross came out. Was 200 to 15m now it's the usual 10m.
    • Up x 2
  8. Nakar

It got a significant tolerance nerf during the 75% ADS nerf patch. It also lost a lot of hipfire COF in the patch that wrecked most LMG hipfire, but so did most LMGs so it kind of evens out there.

So yes, it has been nerfed at least once. If you count the hipfire patch then the only LMG that probably hasn't ever been nerfed is the T32 Bull, which was untouched in hipfire and has seen mostly buffs otherwise (such as its velocity being bumped up to 670 m/s). The NS-15M also didn't have its hipfire changed but it did receive a recoil angle nerf (technically a bug fix, but still).
  9. Bankrotas

o_O
    • Up x 3
  10. Erendil

This is what I found during a quick search of the word "Orion" in the Announcement forums.

From 04/16/14 here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-april-16th.182835/

Orion
    • Lowering the muzzle velocity to match this weapon’s short-to-medium range role.
    • Projectile velocity reduced from 615 to 570
    TBH I've noticed very little difference in the Orion's performance after this nerf.

---------------------

From 12/17/13 here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...cember-17-2013-9-30-am-pt-6-30-pm-cet.162621/

"All VS LMGsAll VS LMGs now match the LMG standard of having a 0.2 crouch move COF and a 0.4 [ADS] stand-move LMG COF."

The Orion's moving ADS CoF was .35 before this patch. This one hurt. The Orion is significant less accurate now while taking advantage of its .75x ADS movement. VS are now the only faction without an LMG that has a .35 moving ADS COF (TR/NC each have two).

Funny, I thought we were supposed to be the "Accuracy and Mobility" faction... :p

----------------

From 05/02/13 here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...er-downtime-game-update-08-05-02-2013.121874/

VS Orion
    • Short Reload: 2.8 to 3.045 seconds
    • Maximum horizontal recoil: 0.2 to 0.225
    This made it less accurate during sustained fire anywhere past 50m or so. Not a huge nerf, but it felt like more of a further solidification of its "close-medium range" role.
    • Up x 2
  11. Scr1nRusher

BTW Thanks to the info by the Auraxis Weekly Combat report,

the Orion Actually has the most kills(100,000+ kills higher) then the SAW and the CARV.
    • Up x 1
  12. vanu123

Yes it did. As Erendil said:
    From 04/16/14 here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-april-16th.182835/

Orion
    • Lowering the muzzle velocity to match this weapon’s short-to-medium range role.
    • Projectile velocity reduced from 615 to 570
    TBH I've noticed very little difference in the Orion's performance after this nerf.

---------------------

From 12/17/13 here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...cember-17-2013-9-30-am-pt-6-30-pm-cet.162621/

"All VS LMGsAll VS LMGs now match the LMG standard of having a 0.2 crouch move COF and a 0.4 [ADS] stand-move LMG COF."
    The Orion's moving ADS CoF was .35 before this patch. This one hurt. The Orion is significant less accurate now while taking advantage of its .75x ADS movement. VS are now the only faction without an LMG that has a .35 moving ADS COF (TR/NC each have two).

Funny, I thought we were supposed to be the "Accuracy and Mobility" faction... :p

----------------

From 05/02/13 here: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...er-downtime-game-update-08-05-02-2013.121874/

VS Orion
    • Short Reload: 2.8 to 3.045 seconds
    • Maximum horizontal recoil: 0.2 to 0.225
    This made it less accurate during sustained fire anywhere past 50m or so. Not a huge nerf, but it felt like more of a further solidification of its "close-medium range" role.

13. acksbox

I felt it. ~7% velocity change is definitely noticeable. Not as noticeable as the moving COF nerf, but one more thing that's pushed me to be an SMG heavy ~75% of the time.
  14. TheBand1t

We're supposed to be the high damage and shotgun faction, and as it turns out, everyone has 167 damage weapons and shotguns.

.75 ADS is not a VS trait and it never will be. Hell, .75 ADS on high DPS LMGs on the class with an overshield shouldn't even be a thing for any faction.
    • Up x 6
  15. acksbox

I don't agree, but since we all have even higher DPS ALS equipped SMGs with 1.0x hip-fire on the class with an overshield, what they do to close range LMG performance is really neither here nor there to me (especially since the long range performance of most of these weapons has been nerfed into the dirt already).
  16. Kociboss

It was nerfed, just like CARv but honestly - It's still the best weapon in the game, next to SVA-88.
  17. vanu123

Hey its the best thing we got since we have bulletdrop.
  18. vanu123

SVA-88? Really?
    • Up x 2
  19. KnightCole

When was it 15m? It has never been 15m......

The EM6 got its top damage nerfed from 85 to 75, but 15? What gun in this game even has 15m damage range?
  20. Kociboss

• Up x 3