Harasser-vulcans are still way overpowered.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dreez, Apr 18, 2015.

1. GreatMexicanShark

people who say the vulcan harrasser is op are the people who can land 2 easy shots on a close range target. And also it cant kill u in the time spawn of two or 3 shots
  2. FriendlyPS4

I have a Harasser I love my Harasser, its not the Vulcan that is killing MBT it's the speed. Nerf the F out of Vulcan and MBT will still be getting it in the rear, because speed kills. I don't even want to say what gun is a total beast imho on a Harasser because I don't want the Nerf QQ. But in short, it's not a Vulcan. I don't have Vulcan on any of my armor.
  3. Gremmel

If you let me strafe with my Prowler we'll call it even. Seriously though, I actually don't really see any big balance problems right now as a TR. I'm more afraid to fight VS than NC though however but that could just be personal, mostly because they have WAY better camo so they're harder to fight in smaller battles. People need to stop thinking of this game as a 1v1 or in this case a 2v2? There's more people than that.
    • Up x 2
  4. asmodraxus

Hint turn the prowler whilst maintaining the cross hairs on target and drive forwards or backwards, problem solved,

Now if only the magrider wasn't so slow firing or suffering from the slow **** projetiles, maybe the Vanguard and Prowlers projectiles dhould be the same as the Lighnings (with the same arc and everything) then you can complain.

Also you do realise that what with lag, projectile speed and reaction times even when going sideways within 150m YOU will hit said mag regardless (if you miss you would of missed if the mag had sat there stationary).

There endeth the lesson regarding Magriders and strafing ie it comes at a VERY VERY high price.
  5. Tarrick

Your turret is not fixed forward. Turn sideways and shoot at the target while rolling forward and backwards. You are now doing the same thing as strafing while also providing good cover for an engineer to be behind you repairing, which the Magrider generally cannot do (that's a death sentence for any engineers who try). The only benefit to Magrider combat strafing compared to the other tanks doing the same thing is being able to present forward armor while doing it, which is a minor bonus.

The strafing acceleration speed is low enough that if you aim center mass of the Magrider when you fire your cannon, you will virtually always hit except at extreme distances. If you see a strafing Magrider, forget what you know about leading targets and just aim dead center. The primary reason they can "dodge" shots is because people try to predict and lead the target while the Magrider is strafing erratically and the shot is consequently a miss.
  6. Boosted

I can't believe the amount of people that complain about Harasser Vulcan. You do realize that we are risking ourselves by being point blank range to take out said tank(s). Stop complaining and start aiming properly. I can't count the amount of times I was killed by a skilled Tank person while on my Harasser Vulcan.
  7. Whatupwidat

The Vulcan isn't the problem - it's a good well rounded weapon...the problem IMO is its on a Harasser.
  8. Dgross

Why is this a problem and a Saron or Enforcer is fine?
  9. Whatupwidat

Did I say they were?

We're talking about the Vulcan, sweetie.
  10. Dgross

You never said they weren't cupcake. :)

If you're going to make an argument then include everything. Don't just focus on the Vulcan.
  11. Whatupwidat

wut?

This isn't a compare thread, this is a thread about to notion Vulcan on the harasser is overpowered - hence the title "Harasser-Vulcans are still way overpowered" - I though I'd comment on that rather than something completely ******* irrelevant :)
  12. TheDarSin

We're talking about the Vulcan and the harasser is always implied. The thread is called "harasser Vulcans are still way overpowered". If you want to make an argument that the Vulcan is Op on a harasser then you just de facto said that the Vulcan is OP. How about you provide us with reasons why, buttercup.
  13. oberchingus

Whoah - how is still a thing? Vulcans sound OP but they're not. Sheeesh.
    • Up x 1
  14. Dgross

Says it all. Another airhead to add to ignore.
  15. Whatupwidat

In the massive thread that already has many explanations?

No thank you dear, how about you go back and ******* read some? :)
  16. Whatupwidat

Spoken like a man who doesn't have the first clue how to argue a point.
  17. Whatupwidat

There's an ignore button!?

Holy **** - bye then **** :D
  18. FocusLight

NC has their MBT, VS has their MBT, TR has their MBT.

Lancers, Phoenixes, Vortexes and Ravens have no issuse hitting a locked-down, stationary Prowlers with ease. TR Prowler squads have to lock-down, fire, mobilize and move on as fast as they can, because it's only a question of time until the Lancers or Ravens come over to obliterate you.

Fractures and Strikers don't compare to the options VS and NC has, so what do TR do when loads of VS/NC armor come rolling by?

You either pull Prowlers and master the lock-down, fire, mobile, repeat tactic, or you pull Vulcan Harassers and keep tight work together with several of them.

A single Vulcan Harasser will not change the tide, but 2-3 or more that move about the flanks and shoot you as they drive by, risking C4, small arms, mines, dumb-fires and all that.

Alternatively, you pull a squad of HA's and do it with the most basic tactic available - find a spot you can attack from and fire in volleys.

Or AV Turrets. Funny fact is, AV turrets and HA dumb-fires are also universal tactics, so at the end of the day, what's the only unique tactic available for TR in order to deal with NC or VS armor?

Vulcan Harassers. Another funny fact: VS Saron Harassers can do the same, just with less CQB power and more long-range power. You just don't see that often, if ever, because the Sarons stay on Magriders, and the Lancers and the Phoenixes and the Ravens and Vortexes are more common. End result of this?

TR pull the AV Harasser more often. So you see them all the time. You know what will happen if you nerf the Vulcan at this point?

You will end up seeing a lot more TR Heavies in tight squads nuking you from any nearby vantage points they find. Then you will be complaining about TR lock-ons.