Harasser-vulcans are still way overpowered.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dreez, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Rayden78

They may be OP but its so satisfying to kill em.
    • Up x 1
  2. dstock

If you're going 3/6 on a Saron, the problem lies between chair and keyboard.

Not to mention, if you cut your DPS just enough to let the crosshair settle, you'd make it through an accurate mag and be reloaded before the Vulcan finished firing its first magazine. Then, it still has to reload.

Huh, who would have thought...

#DPS=/=DPM
  3. Crayv

I find it funny how the more powerful Harassers become the more people ignore them. Back when they nerfed them into uselessness the moment one appeared everyone would go out of their way for the easy kill.
  4. Vixxing

Idd you have to aim and time every shot on a very bumpy platform... Meanhile on TR: Hold button... and do better damage against infantry,air AND armor (try getting 3 direct hits with Saron on infantry from a moving harasser i dare you!)
  5. XexoVanu

Sorry about the thread necromancy but it is still 100% valid.
    A 4 wheeler taking out main battle tanks is just ridiculous.
    Vulcan is massively overpowered still.
    • Up x 1
  6. Mongychops

An equally skilled AV tank does not lose to an equally skilled AV Harasser in a straight up 1v1 fight, that is still a fact.
    • Up x 2
  7. AxiomInsanity87

Vulcan makes the op crap himself with fear.

Nothing to see here lol.
  8. Nintyuk

9. TrashMan

You mean other than utter s*** for range and accuracy.
    Meaning I have to come behind you.
    And given that tanks usually aren't alone, meaning the harassers becomes a bullet sponge.
    • Up x 1
  10. TheDarSin

L2P and L2Aim. Most tankers that die to the Vulcan are running 1/2 or are in the middle of the field on their own and start panicking when getting shot causing them to miss their shots. I can't count how many lone tankers my gunners and I have taken down. I find it hilarious when they start spazing out when they get caught with their pants down. This is a combined arms game, you better adjust to it. It only takes 2 bricks of C4 to kill a tank. Are you trying to say that if a C4 fairy catches you off guard they need to be nerfed? A 2/2 MBT that is an average shot can instagib a Harasser and the other empires getting close range Harassers wont fix your situational awareness. Keep running that 1/2 MBT and that lone Lighting. My gunners and I thank you for the certs!
  11. Vaphell

I wish the skyguard had a tighter CoF and/or better dmg against harassers. It would add some severely needed utility to a niche vehicle with loads of downtime (as a harasser repellent).
    It grinds my ******* gears when I see a vulcarasser on the horizon and know that I am going to be dead in 30seconds. I can do everything right: drive in reverse, shoot at it all the time, rotate to not expose the back when they start circling.... it doesn't matter. And then, when I die, I see I chipped away maybe half HP. FFFFFUUUUU-
    • Up x 1
  12. Dgross

Uh, it's mounted on a HARASSER. With paper thin armor. And that paper thin Harasser has to close within 50 meters to do the kind of damage you're talking about.

If you AND a secondary gunner didn't watch your six and deal with a Harasser sneaking up on you, that's your own fault.
    1 AP shell will take a harasser down to 50% or less depending if they have armor on it.

You just need better situational awareness, and to stop complaining about weapons that aren't the least bit OP like you claim.
    • Up x 1
  13. Vaphell

Flash has paper thin armor, this thing does not. Also paper thin armor doesn't mean that much when you can realistically expect to evade 80% of attacks and turbo the **** out the moment things go south, jumping over the nearest hill. Harassers dictate the encounters, they can pick and choose whether they commit or not. If they get shut down with a well placed round during the approach they just escape, reset and come back 20s later.
    • Up x 1
  14. Dgross

That's why they call them Harassers. Their job is to harass and speed is their biggest defense because they can't go toe to toe with armor and soak up too much damage, hence the turbo.

A 2 man tank should be able to deal with one no problem if they're scanning like they should be.
    A 1 man lightning by himself deserved to die because he is by himself.

This is a team game after all. I guarantee the majority of complaints about Vulcan Harassers are coming from lone wolf players, and the complaints that aren't from lone wolfers are from people that have just about 0 situational awareness.

Btw...a liberator with afterburner and the speed chassis can tank bust you the exact same way from behind, and boost off into the horizon before you actually get to kill it, and that thing has a f---k-ton more armor then a measly Harasser.

People need to get some perspective.
    • Up x 2
  15. Mooveoverbrt

Vulcan Harassers are not OP, they are working as they are designed for close quarters combat. Need to have good situational awareness (scanning terrain, listening for the noise harassers make). Missing shots is your own fault, quit blaming the Vulcan for you lack of accuracy.

-Phatalend
  16. Vaphell

Wraith flashes are honest to god "harassers" who require chaos and confusion in order to poach AV kills, harassers are "harassers" only for good 2/2 MBTs, for pretty much everything else they are legit "devourers" that can literally ram their target with reckless abandon, unload and get away with it.

please explain why exactly that should be the case by default. Don't give me that "hurr durr there are 2 of us and we paid 75 each for our buggy of doom so we deserve to melt yo faces in your pathetic 350n cans". 2 people have a ******** of advantages already. Superior awareness, lightning fast repair if all engies, so you can restart the ongoing fight while the other dude is with pants around the ankles, halfway with his repair. Also more tank mines or c4 for extra cheese.

yes, and you pay how much for a lib as compared to infinitely pullable harasser? Also there is a perception issue - lib is supposed to be powerful tank eater. Is harasser? It's doubly insulting.
    • Up x 1
  17. Jubikus

Vulcan harassers are fine they only see op because the harasser has the maneuverability and speed to make up for the Vulcans drawback of bullet spread. Vulcans are easier to use as its just hold trigger and aim where the other factions are better for range engagements.

The Vulcan harasser seems more OP than it actually is because more of them are pulled infact theres more Vulcan harassers pulled than saron and enforcers combined however their performance isnt really higher their Vehicle KPH is 21.77 the Saron is 20.68 and the Enforcer is 23.71 and the average infantry KPH for Vulcan is 28.57 Saron is 28.85 and Enforcer is 30.29.(stats are from http://ps2oraclestats.com/monthlystats/ for the last month)

All in all Vulcans arn't OP they are just pulled way more often
    • Up x 1
  18. Kirppu1

Yes there is, the long range performance is dreadful, and you need to be behind of the vehicle.
    Have you ever played TR or did you make the thread just because you feel like it?
  19. Dgross

Let's see...opinion....opinion....more opinion...nope. Can't find any hard facts in there to back up what you're saying.
    Nothing legit in what you wrote.
    Fyi a double crewed sundy with default guns or double fury will shred a harasser, armor or not.

So you think that a solo lightning player should be able to solo dominate a harasser with two players coordinating inside?
    You must have missed the part where I said "team game" because teamwork will always dominate a lone wolf.

Yep you pay more for the lib because it has more armor, and you pay less for the harasser because it has less armor!
    Thanks for making my point!

Yes they can both be configured for AV. A Harasser can also fit a Saron or an Enforcer, but I don't see you whining and moaning calling for Harasser nerfs because "the Harasser isn't a tank killer!" blah blah.
    You just complain about the Vulcan.

The problem isn't the weapon, it's you. Use teamwork, don't get caught in the open without support, and use situational awareness. Good TR Harasser crews know that attacking a 2/2 tank that is actively gunning for them is suicide. They wait until the tank is either 1/2 or both crew members are distracted, zoom in, hit the rear armor where it's weakest, and then get out.

If you let this happen to you...you deserved it. 1 AP shell + whatever the 2nd gunner fires will send a Harasser running. If the Harasser is stupid and sticks around, it's toast.

I think the insulting thing here is your lack of facts to back up any of the hyperbole you're spewing.
    • Up x 1
  20. task_master

Phoenix flashes are a lot more threatening than any harasser. Deci flashes are mildly threatening, which describes harassers too.

Ramming the target as a harasser takes away a lot of your health and nearly none of theirs. Is bad idea.

I have never lost to a harasser of any kind in my AP lightning. I think I've lost to 3 harassers ever in my skyguard, all of them when I wasn't using side armor.

Libs cost 150 resources per crewman to pull. If you can't survive for 2-3 minutes in a lib you have issues.

Vulcan-h is only threatening to flashes and other harassers. I would still rather fight a vulcan-h than the other AV guns as a flash or h.