Hackers are not ruining the game so stop whining.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Choggo, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Choggo

Are there hackers/cheater- yes,
    have I run into any- yes more than once
    Any they annoying as hell- very much yes
    But are they "ruining" the game- no, and coming on the forums to whine about it only empowers them.
    This game is huge, 3 friggen continents huge, and there is plenty of space for everyone, if you have an issue with a dick cheating, report him and move on to somewhere else. People will always cheat, and every game has to deal with it, in battlefield I just switched server, in PS I just switched areas.
    I'm sure people will whine that THEY shouldn't have to go somewhere else, but boo hoo, I would rather go have fun elsewhere than get frustrated and stay, and besides, the Devs do ban these ***** so we all win in the long run.
    • Up x 1
  2. {joer

I've only run into a couple of blatant hackers but every now and then I think someone might be a little too good. Its a shame really as I'd like to think I was just beaten by a better player. Likewise when I go on a 15-0 streak like I did in a biolab the other day, I wonder if I'm going to get /reported.
  3. Jac70

I think I have seen 2 obvious cheaters in all the time I have played. Of course that doesn't mean there aren't those using cheats that are harder to be sure about - yesterday I was killed by some guy in an ESF who seemed to know where I was without LoS, he had a high Battle Rank also.

To say the game is being ruined by cheaters though is ridiculous. Those people obviously never played Crysis 2 MP.
  4. Iksniljiksul

Yes they have ruined the game, cheating is one of the top three reasons people give for no longer playing this game. The population has dropped by about 65% since the first weeks of launch.

This game is not huge. Given the population, and methods used by outfits, one is lucky to even find one large scale battle. If cheaters show up, which they ten to do, then this one place to fight has now been spoiled. Every other place in the game is empty, or an empty base that some large outfit is ghost capping.

The crash exploit was hell to deal with. Hopefully that has now been resolved and people can start winning fights again without outfits using cheap tricks to stop them.

What this means is that you are completely wrong.
    • Up x 2
  5. Ronaldspiers

They don't make the experience better, so I think people have a right to complain. And the more complaining we do the more likely SoE will do something. A sad reality to be honest.
  6. Fivetide

Like in most fps games some people think everyone that kills them is a hacker.
    Havent seen many of them myself but i'm not really playing much as the game in its current state is pretty ****.
    There is a lag/render problem that probably causes a lot of the hacker complaints. I'm getting tired of seeing my hitpoints magically disappear when noone appears to be attacking.
  7. Raidin

I can never understand what motivates someone to get on the forums and post, just to tell people to "stop whining" about some issue. You're telling people to report hackers and just stop "whining" about it and move on. In the same sense, we could tell you to "stop whining" about people who complain about hackers and just "move on" and go to another forum if you don't like what you see here.

Also, in case you didn't know, this is a tactical game. If you find a hacker, and just "go somewhere else" every time, you're defeating the purpose of the game. This isn't Quake or UT. I guess by your logic we should let the enemy conquer whatever they want as long as they let their hackers take the front lines, pushing frustrated players elsewhere.

Hackers are a problem. It's a problem that needs to be dealt with. Whether it's ruining the game or not is a matter of opinion in the end. Being vocal about problems is how we players let SOE know they exist and how important they are for us to be dealt with.
  8. Choggo

As...already stated but ignored. The logic is this is a video game, and yes I suggest that you should "move on" if you get annoyed by someone cheating, its a game who cares if one area gets conquered, you have 2 other maps and plenty of areas you can go to and have the exact same experience. Its no different than staying on a battlefield or CoD server because, if your team leaves the enemy wins...who...cares? The point is to have fun, plain and simple, and if your not having fun it doesn't matter if your winning or losing.

There is a difference of making a point and whining. If I was whining my post would read "this Game sucks, I'm quitting because whiners are ruining the forums! QQ I want a refund.

As for the other person saying it ruins the game, I would love for you to link the data to support that 65% of player base have quit, and that this decline is due to cheating and not due to bugs, metagame, or anything else. And again your complaints that servers are empty, please provide data to support this, as I play on Conner, which is a medium pop server and I never have issues finding fights.

What that means is your comment means nothing with no data to back it up.
  9. Fear The Amish

Made up stats are best stats.... besides people confusing dev's for hackers i haven't seen one in weeks...
    • Up x 1
  10. Choggo

I generally won't report someone until the 3rd questionable death, as others have said I try to give the benefit of the doubt, and some people are just naturally talented.

Cheaters are the ones I report right away with no remorse, the clipping bugs, hex crash, lagging players, etc.
    Speaking of the hex crash, does anyone else not understand why anyone would WANT to do this? Capping a base gives minimal resources, so dropping all the players just destroyed everyone's Cert gain...
  11. CrashB111

After seeing a forum post, I think Compass did it, about a hacker on Helios that had 42 THOUSAND kills, and a 50 K/D ratio while preventing the capture of Indar all on his own. Literally the aimbots were so bad with his Scythe that he was keeping the entire Northwest of Indar locked off from anyone else.
  12. fish998

So, tonights hacker was an infiltrator who could shoot (a lot) while cloaked the entire time. This was on Woodman, and we'll call him UncleRa... since I'm not allowed to put his full name. Submitted a ticket and /reported him so hopefully he'll get banned.
  13. forkyar

the only thing that could ruin the game,would be the cod kids,they want it their way and they wont get it.
  14. woooow

Cheaters definitely ruin the game when I encounter them. I don't mean "omg he shot me, haxxors", in fact I have probably been killed by autoaim programs and just assumed they were in a good position that I did not see...but the guys firing from under the world, inside walls ect, I just log when that happens now as they have ridiculous names like IlIlIlIllIlIllIl made up of some combination of I's and L's that I can't even report.

I don't care if somebody absolutely wrecks me legitimately, I at least have the opportunity if not the ability to be as good, get the same items, get in a better position, have the same support as they do ect ect. But some guy in the flor constantly turning a point over and destroying everybody who comes in? There is nothing I can even do about that short of cheating myself and that's not an option to me.

I have had this happen a bunch of times where the only thing we can do is have a bunch of us as medics and keep turning the point over when the cheater reloads. But if even one of their legit above-ground teamates comes along and capitalizes upon the situation, we're screwed, its pointless to even try.
  15. BobJohnson

They ruin the game. When there is a hacker flying around in between what would be an awesome battle making short work of the opposition so that your side (or the enemies side) can roll into the base basically unopposed, then yeah, they ruin the game.

I've seen this happen on several occasions.