Hacker is back and ruining battles on Emerald

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DorinFoehammer, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Person7man

That's fair, but the fact that he was reported by several players (and dozens of times, his name comes up on this forum fairly often) both pre- and post-battleye and yet still continues to play speaks for itself. His sessions are hours long, so he can't be modifying clients- that kicks you in 15 minutes after BE detects corrupt files.

If anyone has any evidence whatsoever besides killing 7 people in 12 seconds (which lots of people have done, not hard.) I am completely open to change my mind. But the only evidence presented is that he can kill lots of people. That means nothing.
  2. Harry Beavers

Killing 7 people in 12 seconds isn't all that was stated so stop cherry picking what you want to refute. He was witnessed running into a room while 360deg spinning and out the other exit. If you read correctly it even said those players were scattered in different parts.

All the signs point to a cheater.
    • Up x 1
  3. DasAnfall

Yes, but again, there is no proof. I could make the statement "I saw Hammerboss run into a room, do a 360 and kill everyone in two raven shots, and warp back out again" and it would have the exact same merit as what was said.

"All the signs point to a cheater"? Yes. If all the signs were painted by people that don't understand the game.
  4. Harry Beavers

Because having vast knowledge of the game is needed to see someone spinning and aimbotting their way running through a damn room. Do you realize how stupid that sounds?

Also the guy didn't come here posting calling that player out initially either. He was asked to post the killboard then a bunch of fanboys started jumping in claiming they knew he wasn't a cheater. Like oh really? You KNOW he isn't a cheater?

Please do tell.
    • Up x 1
  5. GuhMaster2512

I'm not accusing or defending him here but a random players eye-witness account of someone running into a room and killing 7 players who were scattered throughout the room is not very good evidence. We don't know what type of building it was, we don't know how many players were paying attention, and we don't know the skill level of the players. If a highly skilled player encounters a bunch of lower-skill level players not paying attention, or simply have really bad accuracy it perfectly feasible that the high skill player would wipe them out. This player even said this happened 2 months ago, which means it was before the medkit change allowing you to tank damage longer.
    • Up x 1
  6. PlanetBound

I just saw today several people popping in and out of the control point.
  7. DasAnfall

I do "know" X0NIQ isn't a cheater in the same way I "know" that all of my outfitmates and people I squad with are not cheaters. There are a number of very subtle things that bad players with cheats will do to appear much better, and to high skill players it will be fairly obvious.

You find me a single good infantry player who thinks he's hacking, or maybe even just a smidgen of proof, and I'll reconsider my point of view.
  8. Harry Beavers

Because to high skill players cheating is fairly obvious:

http://www.pcgamer.com/csgo-competi...-hacking-scandal-as-three-players-are-banned/

What's that? Oh that just one of many scandals in another game where it was much harder to get away with cheating due to spectator mode. Yet somehow 3 players who were sponsored on a competitive circuit were finally caught and not by high skilled players...by the damn vac software anti cheat.

So please the whole "we know such and such" isn't cheating story is complete crap. Needing a "single good infantry player" to validate something is ignorant at best. If anything it makes you look like your trying to keep a lid on something.

Just a few of the tools cheaters are using:

aimbot/wallhack

bigheadhitbox
    • Up x 1
  9. DasAnfall

If your prerogative is to assume players are hacking rather than legitimate and just skilled, go ahead.

I use the "innocent until proven guilty" method of determining legitimacy. I have seen no actual evidence to contradict my view that X0NIQ is simply a good player. Therefore, he is a legitimate player.
  10. bubbacon

• Up x 1
  11. Beerbeerbeer

They need to fix the hitbox cheat immediately. People whom we assumed were using aimbots were probably just using this damn cheat all along.

A smart hacker would only slightly modify those hitboxes. Increasing them by 20%, for example, head and body, would probably be enough to compensate for the cone of fire bloom, allowing much better accuracy. It would still require the user to aim at the general location (e.g., head and torso), but while our bullets will naturally fly outside the hit zone due to COF, these people would just land a few more bullets and do so without raising suspicion.

Only the idiots would go full Rambo and explode the head hit box to dumb proportions.

Don't spend anything until they fix this. Or, figure out how it is done and torpedo this game with rampant cheating., killing it until it is a ghost town.

Why spend money on something that still allows an easy vector for hacks. It's not worth it. Spend it elsewhere.
    • Up x 1
  12. DasAnfall

30% accuracy isn't difficult at all. I run high 30s acc(38-39, especially on NC) and there are people with even better accuracy who actually focus on it.

Most good players can hold at least a 30-32% without thinking about it too much. The threshold for suspicious accuracy stats is probably around 45+% if it doesn't line up with the rest of their stats, and 55+% if it does.
  13. ObiVanuKenobi

Nah just ban everyone who has 30%+ accuracy and 5+ k/d. What could go wrong.
  14. dejavuallover3

Except for the fact that DBG themselves have admitted that BattleEye isn't actually working in the game yet and all of the cheaters know this.
  15. TastyMints

If you're done loudly telegraphing that you get lots of kills with a Betelguese we've got an actual issue to talk about.
  16. DasAnfall

Which is?

There is no "issue" over X0NIQ hacking, because there is no proof.

That's the point I'm attempting to make.
  17. Beerbeerbeer

What the heck? BE isn't even running? When did they say that?

No freaking wonder things went from good upon the supposed release and back to freaking bad again.

Pathetic. Where did they say that?
  18. Harry Beavers

Just like you have no proof he doesn't. I'm also inclined to believe someone who provided a detailed description of what occurred in order to raise awareness.
  19. bubbacon

Actually, it's extremely difficult w/o cheats. Here's a small sample test you can do for yourself. Take note of the last 20 players that killed you. Average out their accuracy. If you are honest, you will note that it will be even less than 20%
  20. Gundem

Most players are ****, end of story.

FFS, before I went competitive I ran 25-28% accuracy on average, and after I run around 35% average accuracy. On guns I try and go for accuracy alone I can easily reach 45% accuracy, and players at the skill level I look up to could easily hit 50-60% accuracy if they tried.

Sorry you don't think player can legitimately hit more then 1/5 bullets, but that's your problem.