HA NMG - Again!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Edubs McCool, Jun 1, 2014.

1. SacredRay

Just bad players as usual, making threads and claims backed up by their own limited anecdotal evidence and erroneous statements.

When you face a Heavy head on either:

1. Don't face him head on
    2. Aim for the head whilst strafing

In any other case, engage Heavy's at Medium/Long range.

Not that any of the awful players perpetuating this thread would even listen however.

If the Shields were nerfed, then everyone would just pull Maxes and Medics. Next you will cry that the army you just killed won't stay dead. Morons...
    • Up x 2
  2. DHT#

Funny, because the devs themselves called it that.

Because 13+ page threads and other threads about the topic clearly show that it's not an issue.

Except all other class abilities can be countered by either being observant, or using those abilities actually makes the class extra-vulnerable. The HA's actually does the opposite of every other class ability in improving their survivability (Except for the medic, but that's specifically designed to be a team thing and is very slow, unlike the HA's which is all solo and instant).

#1 way to lose against a heavy as anything but a sniper. You will take more shots to break through their shields, and LMGs are fairly accurate at medium range and keep their damage fairly well, too.
    • Up x 1
  3. nubery

Congrats, you just conclusively proved that HA take longer to kill than LA. Everyone already knew that.... it's kind of intended.
    • Up x 2
  4. LT_Latency

No it's not, Good players strafe back and forth when they are shooting you for a reason. It's helps alot. I doesn't matter how long the TTK is. If you are head shooting them and they are missing you win
  5. Goden

DHT hit the nail on the head. Even the devs themselves acknowledge that it is not working as they intend it to.
  6. LT_Latency

That is not true. The shield loses energy as you use it. This means the shield were built to be most effective if you turn it on while you are being shot and punished you for turning them on early.

They would have to be totally clueless to not understand the shield was built to be most effective as a tool you turn on while being shot
    • Up x 2
  7. Goden

If you want something that isn't hampered by being at low energy then use another shield type. There are others, you know.

I'm sorry but this shield is over-performing and the devs themselves acknowledge this. There isn't anything else to say here.
    • Up x 1
  8. yeHHH1g

I'll just leave this here:

Fully shielded heavy kills at 1:55 and 2:45

As much as I would love to kill heavies easier, gotta love it when heavies think it's an automatic I-win shield; really brings out the lulz when they send me hate tells. You still gotta aim to win
    • Up x 1
  9. Posse

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/Ranik

Yep, that's what happens when you can't aim, too bad aiming is important in this game, you might want to consider playing League of Legends or something like that.

so?

Bad players not understanding how to play the game doesn't make it an issue.

News flash: you can counter a HA by FLANKING him, and that's what the LA and Infiltrator special abilities let you do, yes, I know that the concept of flanking is quite advanced for many players, but that's how you're supposed to do it, oh, and having at least 20% accuracy might help too.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ranik

I'm not the one with days worth of playtime in the crutch I'm trying to defend. :)

Facts are facts chief. You and others are doing everything in your power to try and minimize the damage and it's showing quite badly to be honest. Most so when people like you absolutely refuse to even admit the possibility that the shields might be too powerful. It's quite telling really.
    • Up x 1
  11. Posse

Come with arguments dude. What are those facts? If it's a crutch as you say, then why do I have the same KDR and even higher KPH with LA Carbines than with a HA LMG?
    • Up x 1
  12. Ranik

Perhaps because you suck at HA or are good at LA?

Anecdotal evidence: My k/d is the same between classes.

Factual evidence: The HA shields are quick acting and provide direct defensive benefits in a 1v1 or group fire fight.

Learn the difference please. And do try and stop ignoring the second half... rather than deflect it with "it's actually not that good or just strafe" etc etc lame excuses. It slows you down yes but it doesn't make you a sitting duck like some are trying to imply. Because you really have the option of strafing or flanking when it's the most played class and there are dozens of them in every infantry fight. That's like saying "you die to shotguns? Just avoid the capture point rooms and biolabs" :rolleyes:
  13. Goden

You're the one that waltz in and starting flinging "You bad l2p" style comments around.
    • Up x 1
  14. Posse

Then it's not a crutch for me ;)

(I don't suck at HA though since my stats with it are in the top 1%, but whatever)

Factual evidence: The LA jetpacks provide positioning benefits that let you get the jump on people, giving you more killing potential and making it easier to kill people without being shot back at all.

So what? LA OP? Nope.

It's a skill that gives you an advantage in what HA is supposed to excel, 1v1 heads on fights, as opposed to what LAs and Infils excel at: flanking, simple as that.

When the guy complains that he can't kill a HA when he gets the jump on said HA and it turns around and kills him, yes, it's a l2p issue, and it's relevant that the guy has TERRIBLE accuracy
    • Up x 1
  15. Goden

Jetpack isn't even comparable to the shield what are you talking about

2 totally different abilities for 2 totally different purposes
  16. Posse

Exactly my point, each class has something they excel at.
    • Up x 1
  17. Goden

Then why bring it up? It's not relevant at all.

It doesn't given you an entire new health bar at the push of a button. In fact jetpacking is actually quite slow as far as videogame jetpacks go.
  18. Posse

No, it gives you the possibility of getting into a better position to kill people before they see you, as I said, each class has something they excel at, and there hasn't been a single valid argument as to why the shield is OP.

It's quite simple really, HA has a skill that lets it win heads on 1v1s, LA/Infils have skills that let them flank easily and avoid the heads on 1v1. With skilled players, if the LA manages to get the drop on the HA, the LA wins, if the HA doesn't let him get the drop, then the HA wins.

The only situation in which a LA would be on a disadvantage even if he gets the drop is in the case that he can't land at least 4 shots before the heavy assault reacts, activates the shield, and starts shooting, and if you can't land 4 shots in that time... well, it's definitely a l2p issue.
  19. Ranik

Fact: When you and an LA start firing at each other at the same time. The LA does not have a single button option to buff themself.

You try to equate flanking and getting the drop on someone with having a crutch in a 1v1 straight up fight or in surprise flanks. If you see the LA in his vantage point you can largely negate his benefit by just shooting at him like normal. If you see an HA then you basically are at an outright disadvantage because they still have that I-Win button with little actual downsides as even the Devs have admitted. Whether in a straight up fight or in flanking. All they have to do is hit a button and your chances of winning that engagement just got lower.

Keep trying though.
  20. Goden

In order to use the LA's jetpack to full potential you need to position yourself prior to engaging your target.

The problem with the shield is that it doesn't need to do that. It works at 100% instantly with no delay. This gives the HA almost near immune to being flanked or jumped if his reflexes are good. And yes, I have 200 hours clocked on my HA and I have first hand experience in this. I have killed many people who by all rights should have killed me first. If a LA goes out of his way to flank me from behind then the kill should be his but that isn't the case if I hit my shield button.
    • Up x 1