Guass SAW S

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Moisture, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Metallic123

Working on the Saw S now and I must say its a head shot king. I still prefer the NC6 though.
  2. Epic High Five

1) because HVA is a terrible attachment on anything not semi-auto or burst and hey, every gun you mentioned also gets HVA
    2) SPA is literally the best thing a close-mid gun can have access to. L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y.
    3) You don't get to say that like it's some kind of surprise when I've said it probably 20 times and have the stats to back it up.

Which reminds me!

I'm still waiting on your reasoning that I'd do better with an EM6 even though I do better with my SAW in all regards and have a ton of kills with both HMMMMMMMMMM? I mean it's been a couple months since you didn't respond to my two polite requests of evidence in support of your bold assertion that I don't know what guns I'm best with, what's a few more days? Get choppin!
  3. Psykmoe

SAW S doesn't actually get an advanced grip. At least counter pro-SAW S arguments from an educated position, Herp, instead of making weird claims like SPA being worthless :(

Also lol @ SPA being worthless.
    • Up x 3
  4. Unclematos7

Totally underrated weapon. It is just straight up better than the Flare and TMG-50 simply because of the fact that it has both higher velocity and access to SPA. If all the crap SAW uses switched to that, NC would be doing way better.
  5. AssaultPig

I have auraxiumed the default SAW, the EM6 and the SAW S and the S is my favorite.

The SAW S has better recoil stats than the EM6, access to SPA and excellent native velocity; the EM6's small RoF edge is not enough to care about IMO. The EM6 also carries a hundred more rounds, but generally speaking running out of ammo isn't an issue I run into when I'm playing heavy.

the idea that first shot multiplier is a ******* laugh, too. Aside from damage per round and RoF it's like the most important thing
  6. BadLlama

SAW S does get the advanced grip http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Light_Machine_Guns

But yeah Herp is a god damn ******. First Shot recoil and access to SPA are pretty much two of the most important stats in the game. This guy probably just points his gun at a dude and holds trigger until reload.
  7. fudili

If there was no em-6 you would see the saw-s used a lot more. Saw-s is a very good that performs well but the em6 feels almost the same but better natural dps and a bigger mag.
  8. fudili

That chart is wrong. the saw-s does not get advanced fore grip.
  9. MadTavish

I can confirm, Gauss SAW S does not get adv. forward grip, but does get extended magazines. The chart is wrong.
  10. Nakar

The SAW S gets an Advanced Grip... in VR. It's clearly not unlockable (no cert cost/unlock button), it's a vestigial thing that shouldn't exist like Chrome Laser Sights. The actual in-game non-VR SAW S most definitely doesn't have an Advanced Grip. The wiki probably checked in VR or something.
  11. BadLlama

I have it on mine right now. If you bought it ages ago did they never get around to removing the "option" of an advanced grip in the equip menu? I'll take a screenshot and post it tomorrow to see if I am on drugs or if SOE is on drugs.
  12. Psykmoe

[IMG]

Alas, no Advanced Foregrip for my SAW S :(
  13. Moisture

Strange turn this has taken.
    What I like about this weapon is its lack of need for a forgrip what it seems. Extended mag looks very useful on this.
    Getting close to 2k certs unspent. Might as well get this weapon today.
  14. Moisture

Just went 42-8 with in on its first run. Man what a good first impression. Using it a bullet hose support weapon in closer quarters.
    X2 red dot, Compensator, Extended mag, Soft point ammo
    Will change to near 100% use of IRNV scope like my other LMGs. What I miss from its big brother is the dramatic lack if just decimating targets past 40 meters. I defiantly feel the drop in accuracy, But Im pretty sure Im just spoiled.
  15. Epic High Five

Excellent setup, though I generally opt for a grip instead of the exmags. If I'm going to exmag Rambo it up I'll use the EM1 or EM6 for higher ROF or higher DMG, respectively. Still an excellent choice with the SAW S though.

The loss of the 167 damage minimum is always a painful one though. I recommend some Reaper DMR therapy :D
  16. Moisture

I pretty much agree on the EM6/1 working better for me in that sort of role. But really this is to see "Worst LMG in the game" In action. Ill use this pretty often,
    Honestly with all my hours in I have only the Gauss SAW and the NS15 unlocked. I never really felt a need for more LMG's until now.
    IM EXPANDING MY HORIZON GUYS
  17. Epic High Five

I mean if minimalism is your aim then even the NS-15M was more than you need there :D

To be covered from 0-300m and at all skill levels, an NC HA need only concern themselves with the GD-22S and the default SAW. Both are good to great at all ranges, but the GD-22S is easier to use up close and the SAW is easier to use far away.

I view the SAW S as an upgraded EM6. Better or identical stats in all regards and much better attachment options.
  18. KnightCole

When did EM6 and SAW S lose thier 85m max range? I know they used to have 167@10m-143@85m...now its 75 for them? Ugh.

its no wonder my EM6 seems crappier then it was. The Em6's lame velocity is becoming annoying as well.
  19. Epic High Five

I think it's mostly that the EM6 got hit hardest by the foregrip/comp changes. Used to be you could run those two and slap HVA on no prob. Now you've gotta run those two just to get shots on target, and HVA is right out, meaning that the terrible velocity can't be masked anymore.

The max range probably came down because they're both designed more for close-mid engagements. Personally, I haven't noticed any difference in effectiveness at range so if there's been a change it's a tiny one.
  20. HerpTheDerp

Because it doesn't matter. To objectively judge a weapon all you need is the stats and knowledge of basic gameplay. Nobody cares that you, personally, do better with one weapon over another. In fact, looking at personal performance will only mud the results.

BadLlama claimed SAW S takes Adv. grip not me, I was simply too lazy to check it.