Guass SAW S

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Moisture, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Moisture

If I remember correctly Its the least used HA weapon in the game.
    But on paper is seems very good. High damage, Decent ROF Decent reload, Good accuracy No dependent on upgrades like its big brother. As far as the VR room is concerned it seems like its a fine weapon.
    Whats the deal with its unpopularity? Are the EM6/1 just better? Or is it just out of fashion?
  2. Gruntilda

Where did you get least used from? Its the best gun in the game.
  3. Moisture

My information is from last summer as it turns out but if this is up to date then its still true
    the Gauss SAW S, Not the regular 200 damage one.
    http://www.ps2-stats.com/weapon/infantrytype/lmg/
  4. Tentakewls

I don't play NC but if I had to guess it's because the 577 RPM coupled with the 167 damage model gives lower DPS than than both the regular NC Saw and the EM 6, while also having less ammo. It does have access to SPA and an Adv. Forward grip ( which the EM6 doesn't have ) and a very small increase on hipfire ( although it's still bad at it ) but honestly I'd stick with the Gauss Saw for longer ranges and then get something else for close to mid ranges.

But yeah I don't play NC and it's just speculation

Kinda sad when I noticed it's basically the Flare, which is very popular on VS. ( Minus the Adv forward grip of course, cause aparently VS don't belive in them )
  5. Moisture

To me its a high damage decent ROF NC weapon that does not need the generic upgrades like compensator and forward grip.
    As a regular Gauss SAW user that last bit really appeals to me. Having only the Gauss SAW and a NS15 for LMGs available right now to me I am really lacking in terms of weapon selection for my heavy assault.
    At 250 certs I dont think I could go wrong really.
  6. KnightCole

I know i dont use the SAW-S cuz the EM6 is just plain better.

577 up to 600RpM...love it. That extra 23RpM

Oh and the 100 rounds vs 75

...cant go wrong.

Em6 <3
  7. Vanon

Fully upgraded vs the EM6 it's virtually the same thing. The Saw S is a bit more controlable. When people buy a gun they wan the highest DPS weapon with the biggest clip. Most of them never need the extra 25 bullets, and learn to burst fire, negating the DPS difference, but on paper it is better.... because humans are stupid.
  8. Jogido

it's pretty good, just that many people tend to graduate to one of the harder hitters. But you ca do really well using a GSaw S
  9. Psykmoe

SAW S is a perfectly adequate gun. I mean, it's basically a copy of the TMG-50 and Flare but slightly better in a few ways, and those guns do pretty well for themselves.

But the NC has so many good LMGs the SAW S doesn't really have its own niche, except maybe better velocity than the SAW and EM6, so it's not a must-own in any way.
  10. Nakar

I should note that the people who do like the SAW S appear to really like it because it outperforms most other LMGs in terms of averages. It's just owned and used by a fairly low number of people as well, so that probably skews the stats a bit (similar to the CARV-S).
  11. sumsitup

Saw S is a hs machine. Best NC LMG in game right now imo. SPA + Grip + Optic = ready to take heads.
  12. Epic High Five

SAW S has always been pretty beastly. Good recoil characteristics, and at most ranges combat takes place SPA actually gives its dps an edge over the EM6 despite the lower ROF.

The GD-22S is a 577/167 gun and it's INCREDIBLE. I don't notice a lack of raw killing power between either it or the SAW S compared to the EM6, just sustained killing power.

Of course Mr. SAW overshadows them all but even weaker predators can find a niche when an apex is around :D
  13. HerpTheDerp

There is nothing that SAW S does that EM6 doesn't do better. It's a waste of certs.
  14. BadLlama

This isn't true at all. The SAW S gets better first shot multiplier, 45m/s higher velocity, faster equip time and can take SPA and Advanced Grip which the EM6 cannot. The only thing the EM6 does better is a trivial increase in ROF by 23RPM and a magazine increased of 25 bullets. The SAW S is undervalued immensely.
    • Up x 2
  15. Nakar

The real bone of contention for the SAW S I would think is the GD-22S. Same damage profile, very low first-shot recoil on both, but the SAW S has worse moving accuracy and a slower reload in exchange for more attachments.

I think it's somewhat more stark a comparison than say the EM6 vs. the Anchor. One weapon has the accuracy but basically no attachments and the other has all the attachments but worse accuracy.
  16. Epic High Five

The EM6's slight increase in ROF is more than compensated for by the SAW S's access to soft point ammo. Also, never respond to HerpTheDerp in regards to NC LMGs.

The EM6 is a great gun, as are the SAW and SAW S and the rest (even the EM1 now!), but for the reasons you listed above it's really hard to recommend people use anything but the GD-22S now. It's just such a forgiving, lethal gun and that reload omg
    • Up x 1
  17. Epic High Five

18. Epic High Five

19. Psykmoe

NC LMGs are all fun. The punchy ones for sure but even the EM1 is pretty nice now. But yeah, for sheer ease of use nothing beats the GD-22S.

I just love the visual design of the SAW/EM6 guns.

Also since the SAW S now has 60m/s higher velocity than the EM6 out of the box, adding SPA probably doesn't leave you any worse off, and the EM6 has a worse first shot recoil - if you slap HVA on it for velocity or whatever reason, it will handle even less smoothly than the SAW S.

User comfort is not entirely unimportant.
    • Up x 1
  20. HerpTheDerp

First shot multiplier: hardly matters for anything ever
    45m/s velocity: hardly matters for anything ever, argument is gone the moment you HVA the EM6 and why wouldn't you
    Faster equip time: news to me
    SPA: is basically worthless
    Adv. grip: worthless on a weapon with .175 horizontal recoil

Yes, instead listen to the guy who thinks that SAW is the best weapon in the game.
  21. Alarox

What? The Orion begs to differ.
  22. JesNC

This sounds promising. I never bothered to check out the SAW S before, now I might just get it once I'm done with the GD-22s.