Grounder AA Missile Statistics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SheerTorcher, Mar 2, 2013.

1. FateJH

Ahem. Rocket pods. Those people you alluded to are also dead, and the Sunderer just got knocked to critical condition.

That actually sounds decent. I think it underlines the main problem: since Air is not as squishy and much more mobile than anything else in the game, you should get minor rewards for passive hostile activities. There's a point where this might become exploitative but something is already wrong if people are using something correctly and it works so very little.
  2. Cinnamon

1. I didn't allude to them. I named them explicitly.

2. Rocket pods must be some sort of crazy awesome weapon if they can kill all of those people and take a sunderer down to minimum health all why they are actively running an AA squad with multiple max. Or maybe you are exaggerating.
  3. Xankesh

The 'pods' from all three factions are game breaking. Hope someone is looking into a balance.
    • Up x 1
  4. Apples

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT... 12 burster shots takes out about 1/3 of my reaver's health with composite armor. I also run a dual burster max time to time and it destroys esf so fast it's not funny. A full volley of rockets isn't enough to kill a max and if they're staying still enough to get the full volley off accurately to splash damage you with each rocket which still wouldn't be enough then you could've easily killed them. Here's a nice story for you, 3 max's and 2 engineers, we pulled up to a base in a sunderer and took out 4 liberators that were above the base at once within 2-3 minutes focus firing one by one they fell, we then proceeded to wipe out about 30 scythes as if they were infantry in front of a dual hacksaw max along with that our squad took out a couple tanks and a sunderer. Many of the scythes coming in pairs from opposite directions and sometimes in groups of 3 with of course a few loners who had no idea we had max's in the area. After all it only says enemy squad activity who would think that it'd be an AA death squad? BURSTERS ARE #1 AA presently with dual flak sunderer's in 2nd and skyguards in 3rd. Dual flak sunderer's being ahead of skyguards due to their greater armor and due to the rocket damage nerf to sunderers from when they had no AA guns.
  5. Cinnamon

They must be game breaking if a lone ESF with them can shut down a whole squad of skilled players who are actively running AA duty. Why don't SOE know about this?
  6. Larington

"A full volley of rockets isn't enough to kill a max"
    Must be playing a different game than me. (Shrug)
    • Up x 3
  7. Tekuila

Go away, no more lock ons.
  8. Crayv

My accuracy is higher with my default dumbfire launcher than my Grounder. I use my Grounder almost exclusively for AA. The lower hit rate is mainly due to people using flares and then flying off to outrun the 2nd rocket. Which to me shows that it is actually doing it's job: forcing air to leave the area.
  9. user68

Why don't you hop into ESF, take those mighty rocket pods on trial and go on the wild run, killing maxes left and right? Make a video! Show us some proofs!

Oh wait, you are too busy posting bullsh1t. Okay.
  10. Takoita

Exactly what part of "Player was killed: 25 (40%)" did you miss?
  11. Takoita

Extinct? Where do you play?
  12. Aractain

I think this thread gets to the core of the problem with lockons. Since there is so many ways to NOT hit your target, the XP gain is negated. There is no XP gain for "detering air" only for damaging air.

We don't really need more AA power for infantry we need people to actualy want to use the current equipment (skygaurd needs a buff though). The anniliator shouldn't need to do damage, just be a threat to keep pilots honest. But no damage = no progress, no progress = no body cares.

How to acomplish that? I should sugest XP for missile launches, and a bonus for flare use. So 15xp missile launch (with a lock thus threatening a target), 10xp flare, 20 xp hit. Remember that as an engineer I get 10xp for every missile an HA launches - supplying your own squad of AA heavys is even more lucrative but they get little themselves.

Note that libs are pretty much hard countered by infantry shoulder launchers right now - the lockon time is just silly. Give it back that second.
  13. Takoita

IMHO, this looks like they are preparing us for the new launchers (again).
  14. Fenrisk

Why is it my heavy can carry 3 anti tank grenades, 2 lots of C4 and a launcher. I can get tank kills easy if i have cover but killing any aircraft is impossible even when i score 4 hits with my grounder?

That is not balance. If i put all my certs into dealing with aircraft i should have the ability to be a seriously threat to them and blow them up if i score a few hits. Not just a minor annoyance. Heavys should have the option to become aircraft killers otherwise aircraft are overpowered in comparison to everything else in the game. If i can blow up tanks on my own why should aircraft be treated like their special?

The sense of entitlement of certain pilots here who think they should NEVER be shot down by a heavy is part of the problem. They are so use to NEVER getting shot down when infantry finally started doing it they complained and complained and complained because for once they had their K/d ratio reduced and their LOLpod farming interrupted.

If my heavy can blow up tanks on my own why should aircraft be treated any different? I have enough resources to blow up 2 tanks solo and ive pulled it off but killing a aircraft? Oh we can't have that. The fly boys might quit if they got blown up as much as tanks and infantry do every single hour.

Aircraft by design are suppose to be more fragile yet they take more hits then a lightening tank. At the very least 2 or 3 rockets hits should cause one of your engines to blow out and force you to land.
    • Up x 1
  15. Novmiech

I did pretty much the same experiment while denfending the crown with even worse results - (this was prior to the G2A damage XP being added) where for over an hour I did nothing but shoot rockets at air - and I got ZERO XP.

That is to say that I didn't get a single kill or assist from any of my few hits. I did however bag 2 infantry 2 mags and a sunderer by dumb firing when they attacked me.
  16. JojoTheSlayer

Problem is, when there are lower amount of players your lock on weapons is like a magnet. Libs tend to look for lock ons and then go to where they think the lock on is coming from because they know they can kill the user before he has a chance doing any serious damage.

In other words the "deterrent" part is over rated because it has the opposite effect allot of the times.
    End result is you have always more air than ground and ground usually gets zerged by air they cant defeat unless they have more air themselves.

Fun < Air < more Air < and even more Air.
  17. TheRev

Worst poster on forums strikes gold again grats.
  18. MadGelo

well, obviously if you are a noob, you would disagree.
  19. TheRev

Allowing the minority to dictate the pace and rules of play is killing this game. It has turned into the same thing every night you cannot counter it. Vehicle zerg rolls up one side of Indar then resets and rolls up the other side.
    Now I can hear you saying well Rev infantry zerg would be the same result and you are right. But 80-90% of the people that want to play this game enjoy gunplay combat not sitting in a tank shooting at a door because they can make X amount of certs.
    The vehicle zergs are completely dominant about 16-20 hours of the day. The other 4 hours are a tossup because of large outfits running ops.
    You can say all you want about the counters and how we are stupid and bad for getting farmed. But the point is WHAT is happening not what COULD happen. If the counters aren't being used by Joe Pubbie then the counters are not good enough. END OF STORY.

The last time vehicles got brought to earth it lasted a week or so then the gallons of tears added up. And the devs relented and listened to you. Well the result of that crying is in front of us for all to see.
    The outcome of this is this: The devs have a choice to make listen to the 90% and keep the game population or listen to the 10% and let more and more of the majority leave the game due to frustration. You have been give 2 chances thus far to prove your worth to the game and you have failed miserably both times. You have chosen to farm and gang up on the infantry both times. You will not be given a 3rd reprieve I can bet you that because this game is bleeding and no where in the discussion will anybody say that more vehicles will bring people back.
    • Up x 1
  20. TheRev

Not my main I have 30 days playtime. Also anything you have to say has been worthless and ignore is looking like my best option here.