Griefers! Taking it to the next level.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mianera, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Taemien

One Final Fantasy 14 server in the NA has way more than all of the servers of PS2 (and EQ1/2) combined. Just saying.
  2. Nalothisal

hence why i said generaly
  3. Dj Gus

Such a sinister thing to do... PS2 vigilantes wtf
    • Up x 1
  4. stalkish

Dont forget WOW
    and EVE online.
  5. stalkish

I play Miller, if you need a squad to join or help with griefers let me know.
    I always enjoy a good TK war.
  6. FocusLight

I don't know of any sub-based MMOs out there beside WoW, FF14 and EVE Online. Both are doing very well AFAIK. EVE has been going strong since 2003.

Not much you can do, sadly. I've never had this issue personally, where I've been targeted, but there was a period when it was popular to log onto your enemy faction and deliberately sabotage them.

I recall fights with NC and VS (especially VS) where a tight offensive that was stagnating or going in the TR's favor, would be disrupted or halted completely by "friendlies" that tank-mine your sundies or try to do so. Once we had two different players at the same time show up in a lock-down Prowler, and shell our own sundies from behind our own lines.

It really sucks having to watch your spawns like a hawk, double-check every friendly vehicle and instantly shoot any "friendly" that get close to the sundies with C4 or mines or whatever. Especially because they can just re-deploy on the very sunderer they try to destroy. You can't mobilize it either because that effectively achieves what they want.

Fortunately, I have not seen any of this in about a year by now, so it seems to have fallen off the popularity shelf. From experience, all you can do is deal, as best you can. I can say though, on behalf of many Ceres TR, I feel your pain.
  7. Vivicector

Once I was sniping very good on Indar, killed somebody, then killed him again, then he came on air, but failed to kill me, written a lot of strong words in my chat and relogged as VS, then teamkilled me, screaming crap in chat. So much hate! My heart was full of happiness!

Devs should add 12h timer after playing for fraction A before changing to fraction B with the same account.
  8. Taemien

I think we can add Everquest to the list. They launched a Time-Locked Progression server that requires all-access to play. It hit is server limit of 5000 and they had to engineer a queue to allow people in. They then opened another server to hold all the people.

So there were about 6000-8000 people playing on two servers at primetime, all subs.

I really wish PS2 could boast that. It can get 8500, but how many are subs?
  9. AlterEgo

There is only one thing you need to know...
    [IMG]

But seriously, screw them slowly in the eyeholes.
    • Up x 1
  10. johnway

I rarely get griefed and rarely do i retaliate. Namely i don't bother as i get revived or they leave the area before i can get them. But yesterday in the second time in my games history i intentionally TK'd someone who intentionally TK'd me.

I don't know what started the altercation, but i assume that the infiltrator got annoyed that i messed up his shot and after i got out of the way (getting hit usually is enough to get me to run away.) the infiltrator turned around and riddled me with bullets with his semi auto rifle.

it may sound stupid to stand in front of someone who intentionally kills me with a poor close quarter weapon, that was the point. I knew he was intentionally trying to tk me. If he did not intentionally killed me, the first shot (let alone the second one) would have alerted him. But since he finished me off, it was deliberate.

So i went for the justice shot and returned to the infiltrator, pulled out a pistol and executed him and unlike him, i ran off. As far as i was aware, we were even. A medic may have revived him so he may have got one up from me anyway.
  11. Turkeys!

How I feel about griefers:

[IMG]\

Especially the dicks that nick me in the spawn tube while I'm AFK. They can bugger off to hell.
    • Up x 2
  12. Mianera

That's a scenario that happens often actually. Some rage friendly fires or doesn't tolerate it and kills one back.

But imagine if that friendly guy hunted you for over an hour, stalked you, destroyed your vehicles and kept killing you by tracking you from a third party site. And brought in friends to help kill you.
  13. RykerStruvian

Hate to say it buddy but unfortunately for as long as this game is a free 2 play, you'll have to deal with this. GMs are nonexistent outside of what...Radar? And you're stuck in ****ville aka Miller. You've got the cards stacked against you in this situation.

I'm not saying this to be mean, but consider making alts to switch to or play a different game. It's not your fault stuff like this happens so why punish yourself by being frustrated/mistreated?
  14. stalkish

Judging from the amount of blue up arrows i don't see when joining random squads, <1%.
  15. XsolarflareX

I have had this same thing happen to me on more than one occasion. It's sad and pathetic, but it does happen. The main thing to remember is that, yes it sucks, but you do have options to stop it.
    The big one has already been mentioned, run with a group. Even one other person will make tkers stop pretty quick. They rely on surprise to get to you, when that is stripped away they become targets for everyone. That leads to the second thing you can do.
    If you have no one to roll with, or generally feel like lone wolfing, the absolute best thing to do is let everyone know in yell chat. Something like "watch out for these guys, they are tkers on tr/vs, now they are doing it here. " No one likes tkers. NO ONE. all of a sudden they have every faction fighting in the zone after them. I've done this multiple times and it's amazing how quickly bitter enemies start working together to wreck the tkers.
    The last thing to do, abuse vehicles. Make it tough for them. They running after on the ground, grab a tank. They pulling tanks, why not take that time to learn how to fly. Keep mixing it up. At level 1 they have nothing unlocked and no upgrades. If they pull vehicles to get you, you have the advantage.
    lastly, good luck. Don't let them get you down. Your not alone in hating that crap, lots of us have been there.
    oh and blast the hell out of them. You said you don't like shooting friendlies well, they ARE the enemy. Don't feel bad at all blowing them all over auraxis :)
  16. Gutseen

i get a lot of hate mail for mowing down squads, while i kill pplz.
    and if i see them, i'll kill 'em too.

cuz i dont like PM sounds, while wrecking NC/VS