Griefers! Taking it to the next level.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mianera, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Mianera

Hey Forumside,

I want to share a gameplay experience from 2 days ago, hear your thoughts and hopefully you can help me deal with it. Because honestly... I am actually having trouble with it.

What happened:

I suppose I killed some guys that were either VS or TR, not exactly sure who or when, but what is sure is that it triggered some emotional response in them and they decided to make NC characters and hunt me down specifically.

The way they did this was to make new low lvl characters and when they would run out of nanites or get their weapon lock, they would simply delete the characters and make new ones then continue. I was playing past midnight, so population wasn't that high and therefore, finding me among all the other NC probably wasn't that hard.

The thing is... they didn't stop. I quite quickly realized what was going on and although I was able to defend myself maybe 30% of the time, it still was frustratingly annoying. Especially cuz you're never sure if it is a friendly or not on your own faction. But they went on with this for an hour.

During that hour, I tried changing my gear back to basics (remove camo, helmet etc) so that I would be harder to identify, switch continent, try to communicate with them but with no luck.

I was forced to log off because they simply ruined the game for me and switch to a different faction character that they don't know of since the name is different.

The thing is, this actually made me feel quite horrible. I did report them whenever they would TK me but I feel that isn't enough. I doubt they will get punished for this in any way.

I'm not a pro player, MLG or anything like that. I haven't mastered a aspect of PS2, I play all parts of the game equally I think. I consider myself maybe average, my K/D is typically around 1.5 - 2.0, I don't give hate tells, hack, brag or look down on other players. We are all there to have some fun. I just want to play a bit of Planetside 2 when I get back from work and enjoy myself.

But today... I actually don't feel like it. I want to blame something or someone but what good will that do. The friendly fire mechanic is the way it is and nothing is going to change that. This griefing is pretty much unstopable.

What should I do?

Please share your thoughts.
  2. Scrye

Stop playing NC?

Or, alternatively, be happy that you made someone so mad they had to make alts just to ruin your day because they couldn't manage it as Opfor.
  3. Mianera

First of all, not playing a faction I currently want to play doesn't exactly help in any way.

Secondly, sure to begin with it's "Sigh, another one who cannot handle dying/lol pathetic etc" but after 1 hour? It gets really....really.... frustrating and annoying.
  4. Leftconsin

Nothing you can do. Sorry.
  5. CorporationUSA

There are 2+ continents and many bases to go to. You could easily make yourself very hard to find if you wanted to.
  6. Lenox

:(

*hugs*

If you're playing NC on Emerald, then send me a friend request (name is Lenox). Griefing jerks are a lot more manageable when you have friends aiming their guns at the slob.
    • Up x 7
  7. Mianera

Thanks for the nice reply, unfortunately I play on Miller. Still, appreciate it :)
    • Up x 1
  8. Taemien

Sub only games cut this problem down substantially.
  9. breeje

if you play NC you have to be ready for team killers
    they are not always griefers especially at late night
    it's more likely you encounter bored players that hunted you down for fun
    why these players make a NC character is the real question, i don't see this when i play TR or VS
  10. FieldMarshall

Sounds pretty bad. If no GMs are going to help you. best advice i can give it to assert dominance.
    Go MAX or something and hide in a building, then keep killing them when they come.
    The only language these wimps understand is violence.

Or call them out on it in chat. Or when you see them come, jump into a friendly vehicle or stand behind a friendly.
    If they accidentally TK more friendlies, they may join in defending you.
    If i heard about this ingame, i would deffinitly help you fend them off.
  11. ZDarkShadowsZ

To me that sounds like they were seriously sore losers and couldn't stand the fact you killed them fair and square so they decided to become immature children and purposely teamkill you.

While I've never experienced that specific type of in-game abuse, for lack of a better word, I have had it where I'd accidentally TK'd someone and that lead to them going medic, killing me, reviving me, killing me, right up until after the second revive I realised they were just being an a-hole and not worth my time. They were too incompetent to consider the fact I'd accidentally TK'd them and got in my line of fire, didn't bother to realise I'd sent them a message saying sorry and then chose to go down the path of a complete idiot, or maybe they did notice all those things and decided to punish me for their mistake anyway.

When things like that happen I end up either switching continents or just logging off for about half an hour to an hour, by then whatever battle was going on will have shifted and hopefully, hopefully that person will have had time to calm down and stop being stupid.

The only thing I can think of doing is, if you can, record your games, or at least when those situations happen and then send the video directly to a GM/dev and see what can be done. I have no idea if it works but it's just an idea. :)
  12. Mianera

That is a possibility, but that makes me no better than them in a way. I want to kill enemy faction players, not my own. If I did go in that direction, I probably would have killed them more than they killed me but then I'd end up with weapons lock sitting in a warpgate.

I wish there was some sort of punishment mechanic. If someone TK's you more than once, you get to chose whether you want to punish or forgive. Punishment = 10min weapon lock or something like that.
  13. Dualice

Firstly, it's good to see there are still decent folk among us:

To the matter at hand... that's a tricky one man. It's really pathetic that they'd go to such lengths just to aggravate you. Reporting might eventually bring consequences after an undisclosed period of time. Can never really tell.

If you're in an outfit, there are commonly fellow members more than willing to cover your back if you're getting grief from fellow players. Could be tricky if you're on in the small hours, though.

You could always leave the game for a bit until they get bored or forget, but like you say you shouldn't have to do that just because of a few griefers.
  14. toast2250

[IMG]
  15. HadesR

Since we can't name and shame their is an Infamous person who get's mentioned a bit on Reddit .. He throws his toys out his pram often over alleged hackers and swaps to their faction to Team kill them ..

What he said he does is keep an eye on his " targets " kills feed .. It's list the continent they killed people on, he then pm's one of his targets victims and asks them what base they died at .. Then he just searches that bases spawn options ..

Dedicated Tantrum throwing .. But it is possible to hunt people down..
    • Up x 1
  16. Jubikus

the problem is the friendly fire mechanic is a core factor in the feel of planetside the problem is sometimes no matter what game you play there are players that are just plain dicks but thats just life and it sucks theres always dicks and they can ruin **** for people.
    I personally would have logged out much earlier than you.
  17. Nalothisal

but they generally have low pops and profit margins...
  18. Nalothisal

I once witnessed some dude blow up my CO's sundy at a Bio Lab teleport just so he could put his there. I killed him and his sundy and put mine in there. After about 15 minutes of him trying to kill me and my outfit members or my sundy he finally stopped and was kicked out of the outfit that he was in after my CO talked to his.

Never had a problem with him since.
  19. CorporationUSA

That is the most pathetic thing I've heard in a long time.

But still, that's a lot of work to counter something that only takes 10 seconds. Who really gets the last laugh there?
  20. Mianera

I regret not doing that actually. Should have logged way sooner. Usually when you encounter a ****** or more, they typically just TK you once. I was kind of going on the thing that they would eventually get bored of it and move on.

Ughr.... so that's how they did it.

For future reference, when a random person asks what continent and base you are currently on, let's just all agree to not reply? :)