Grenade launcher worse after patch

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Xphobe, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Xphobe

I am not sure if it is just my luck but the Grenade launcher on my Solstice SF seems to be almost totally ineffective now. I had actually written down hits an misses for about 3 hours.

Seen as a direct hit with no damage shown - 67
    Seen as a direct hit with damage shown but no kill - 22
    Seen as a direct hit with kill shot - 9

The grenade launcher has never been this bad before, at least for me. I just changed over to the VX6-7 for now as the Solstice SF is practically useless to me.
    I have also noticed it is much worse when my opponent is against the wall more then out in the open, maybe there is an issue with damage being mitigated when splash damage occurs?

Can anyone confirm this?
  2. Nuubo

This may be caused by the Flak armor buff (50% explosive reduction if fully certed, instead of 25% pre-patch).
  3. Xphobe

Even if the buff mitigated the grenade launcher 100% it still supposed to show the red damage bar showing that it actually did hit someone. Most of the time it does not. Infact, the times it does fail all together and I die right away, my opponent still has full health and armor, which obvously has nothing to do with a buff mitigating a certian % of damage.
  4. Nuubo

Which is why I ve quoted the "hit and no kill" part only.

As for the rest of your post, this thread(from the MAX section) might have something in common with your problem: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...explodes-on-contact-but-does-no-damage.65259/
  5. Xphobe

I know it can take more then one hit on the grenade launcher to kill Heavy infantry, in which a few regular rounds right after generally finishes almost anyone off. But when my first initial attack is totally ineffective, it totally throws away the element of surprise, which is the one and only thing that light infantry has.
  6. gunfox

Yep, went from 50% duds (for the enemy, not for yourself) to 90% this patch. As someone who spent nearly all his points into LA (THE one class that nearly needs the grenade launcher), I don't even start the game anymore.
  7. Iridar51

Been using GL a little, didn't notice any problems.
    *needs* is a serious exaggeration imo. So what, not everyone has flak armor, let alone fully certed. You know, we have a whole carbine attached to GL...
  8. Xphobe

The issue is not about how Flak Armor mitigates damage, its the fact that the GL doesn't seem to produce any damage, even with a direct hit the majority of the time.
  9. doctorzais

Smoke launcher is where the meta game is at

Grenade launchers have never been reliable
  10. Copasetic

Yeah I've noticed the same thing. Used to happen maybe 20% of the time, now it's closer to 90%. Direct hit, no damage, not even the hit marker. And when it does do damage it often does only half the shield or less, again on a direct hit.
  11. Kuriby

Time to use them carbine bullets. One trick ponies were always silly
  12. Pat22

Yup, I got very few kills with it playing today, and a whole lot of direct hits that did squat.
    If it continues, I'm thinking of switching to a smoke grenade launcher.
  13. Vargs

Been getting an absurd amount of dud grenades today on my Gauss Compact S. I have my Auraxium medal with it, so I've used the thing a whole lot, and I'd say previously they didn't work around 1/4 to 1/3 of the time. These past couple hours it's been more like 3/4. Could just be bad luck though.
  14. CrackyOxide

Confirming this, nearly every grenade shot I used today failed to register any damage, even direct hits. It was working fine yesterday.
  15. Dever

The damage bar has always seemed pretty unreliable to me... might just be that.
  16. P149U3

i hope they do nerf it maby all those nubs who use the nae launchers as a crutch will learn to aim
  17. Lubbe

Pro tip: use flak armor and by the time he switches to hes primary you should have lined up perfects headshots, also since "n00btubers" can't aim you should easily survive it
  18. P149U3

Pro tip: Learn to spell
  19. Wildclaw

It was more like 25% full duds before the patch.Now it is just horrible. Switched back to farming Auraxium medal on my Trac-5 Burst as the Trac-5 S is plain useless now.
  20. Wildclaw

Coming from someone who sprays lots of bullets at target. Meanwhile GL requires a direct hit with a single shot weapon (and enormous amounts of luck at the moment) to kill. Who is it that needs to learn to aim here?