Grenade launcher worse after patch

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Xphobe, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Maxi'sProteinPowder

good way to ruin a game! Done and dusted is the LA!

Now he is completely useless thanks SOE would like a refund on all the money i have spent on my LA, So i can be like everyone else and skill up my HA boring class!
  2. Nuubo

Not sure about NC weapons, but my VX6 and Pulsar C still work fine as ever. You dont need the Grenade Launcher to play LA effectively, so stop overreacting.

And seeing as this is obviously a bug, it will get fixed.... eventually.
  3. Kail

/shrug, I only use the grenade launcher for maxes or a close cluster of enemies. Or to be mean to some random person. And while it was super frustrating sending two of them into a MAX and not even scratching him, its easy enough (albeit annoying) to let my team mates deal with those guys until it gets sorted out.
  4. Faction

I noticed i was able to get it resupplied a bit more, but it still craps out sometimes
  5. Kurreah

• Up x 2
  6. Jingle

Yeah I do the same thing, basically for the same situations I use the HA rocket launcher versus infantry. It still sucks though, and between this bug and the bug where the jetpack stops working it can be a bit frustrating to play LA. Hopefully both of them are fixed soon, I might just unlock smoke in the meantime and use that and a NV scope 'til it's fixed. Also as far as the reloading from ammo packs bug goes you can usually mitigate that by meleeing the air right after you fire a shot, the bug seems to be related to the auto reload it does after firing, and meleeing or swapping weapons seems to stop it.
  7. mental1896

i've noticed this happening as well. in fact, i was just checking to see if someone had already posted about it in order to minimize redundancy.

i guess i might switch to smoke for a while too.
  8. Maleficus04

9. Compass

Check the date on this thread. This was before duds were implemented, when grenade launchers would just not work if a certain combination of buttons was pressed.
  10. Ghoest

Dont shoot directly at people instead use it like real grenades with range - it works great.
  11. Stargazer86

Any mention about how it got the shaft in terms of range reduction? You can toss a regular grenade farther than this thing launches...
  12. Wolfwood82

Yay! -claps-

Anyway you guys do realize that they added a 10m minimum arming distance to the GL right? I haven't really seen it mentioned yet and while I have noticed an increase in "duds" after this last patch, it has always been within that fuzzy "well it could be within 10m" range. The times I was absolutely sure it was outside of 10m, I've gotten kills with it.
  13. Ghoest

Yes - if you sit back and start shooting it long range(over a box of ammo) you will notice that there are essentially no duds ever.
  14. Compass

Look at the post date. This was right after Game Update 1 in December. Remember, when Prowler Anchor Mode did nothing, and Annhilators weren't in the game yet?
  15. Jokka

I went 30-2 with a GL earlier today, although the ark needs to be un-nerfed it's really good weapon.
  16. Ghoest

I think the ark is ok as is.

Its not easy to use - but the other option would probably be to make it weaker.
  17. Compass

The problem with the arc is that it's too low to aim with the leaf sight. I had to aim 10 degrees up to hit a tank that I couldn't see, below me... The default arc should be upwards, not straight forwards. Like a 15 degree upwards when looking straight.
    • Up x 1