Grenade Launcher resupply fix found

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Indalamar, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Indalamar

Not sure if this has already been stated but I found out how to 100% resupply my grenade launcher from ammo packs. When you shoot your gl, swap back to the main gun to interrupt the auto reload animation. When you switch back to the gl after doing this it will have finished reloading automatically even though you interrupted the anim and it will correctly resupply from your ammo pack. Unfortunately you have to do this every time you want to be able to reload from ammo packs which is annoying but at least now you know how to stand on a hill with your pack and rain infinite grenades on enemies.
    • Up x 1
  2. MorphingJar

This is no way shape or form works since swapping away from the GL cancels the reload.

And yes I just tested this.
  3. Indalamar

It works 100% for me using the TRAC 5-S for TR. Just tested it more, actually if you do the cancel trick once per life it will continue to properly resupply until you die or switch load outs.
    • Up x 1
  4. SirBurning

Very good find, I will try this now:
    EDIT:
    Works as far as i've tested now.

Nice job
  5. Juni

Thanks, you are my hero, kisses for you =)
  6. Pyldrvr

sounds a lot easier than the other voodoo dance that was found. I was having a hard time getting that one to work right. Ill give this a shot tonight. Wish they'd just fix it already. Seems like something that should be pretty high on the bug list.
  7. SirBurning

It works like a charm, You just have to do this all the time. Sometimes it doesnt switch, but knifing or switching to pistol does the job.
    Its a bit of a pain, but has to do for now.
  8. Bejita231

only way i got this to work was

1. fire GL
    2. press 1, cancels reload and switches to gun mode
    3. press 2 immediatly and go back to GL, press Reload again and wait for the full reload
    4. repeat all steps again or it eventually messes up again
  9. irishroy

thanks boy
  10. Vadimir

For all we know it might be but it may be taking awhile because it's not a simple fix. Either way at least we now have a work around that doesn't involve, as you say, some weird ritual and the occasional goat. Thanks OP.
  11. Pyldrvr

I can't seem to get any of these to work right. Even if you do, you can't ever shoot the grenade launcher unless you have an ammo pack at your feet. I think I'll just switch to my AMC until they fix it.
  12. Rune Scorpio

Lamesauce. Now I get to see other factions spam doors with nades... F this game
  13. ScorpDK

worked by having the GL out, switching to turret/ammo pack, dropping it, and the game returns to your GL. Fire, press 1, it will stay on your GL but reset the reload. Just tap 1 after every shot fired and you got a working barrage tool unless you move too far away from your ammo pack, at which point you need to redo the steps.
  14. VSEngiee

Now...Is there a fix for the grenade launcher completely missing from the weapon? for some reason when I equip this weapon with the GL cert, the GL does not show up. It is as if i never had the cert... =(
  15. ScorpDK

are you sure you got it equipped? :eek:
  16. Wreckus

Just melee after you fire, it's practically instant so the reload isn't delayed. Melee is just a fast weapon swap.
  17. VSEngiee

- goto a weapon terminal
    - switch your GL weapon to another weapon
    - Hit Deploy
    - switch back to the GL weapon
    - hit Deploy
  18. Compass

Tested it. It works VERY well.

19. Stigler

Aargh, now I will have to replace my VX6-7. I did not get the one with the Grenade launcher due to bug.
  20. warmachine1

Whole GL resuplying is bugged!
    Got my carabine limited at 30/117 ammo, then switched to GL -> ammo 1/3