Gauss SAW - a primer for new NC players

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by HerpTheDerp, Jul 30, 2013.

1. KnightCole

Jackhammer a good one now? I think ill pick it up to. 1 week to hometime.
  2. Blackinvictus

Ya, got fixed a while back. Good range, hits hard. And just looks cool as hell.
  3. Epic High Five

da SAW rulez

EM6 is only good with suppressor and exmags and HVA for its piddly windsock bullet velocity

SAW is a thunder ****** of a gun and can blow people away in sub-ping time if you aim for the head, and is the best infantry gun for killing MAXes in the game.

If the NC had more guns like the SAW (slow, hard hitting) instead of this shotguns and shield ******** we'd be much better off. Since the Razor in early December, the only "NC" gun we've gotten is the Cyclone which is the best SMG. Instead it's been nothing or shotguns, or weapons that hit for average amounts but slowly like the Phoenix or Enforcer which is the worst of both worlds.
  4. Purg

Not tried the Lasher?
  5. Epic High Five

Lasher is very good, but a smart MAX will be able to take advantage of the much lower velocity on the Lasher, whereas SAW rounds are unavoidable. If a MAX is in a spot where it cannot move, the Lasher is the better choice, but those times are pretty rare.
  6. AlmostTerrible

So, pretty much the TR max lock down ability?

I agree with OP in this thread though, the SAW shouldn't be the default LMG. But I personally love it, and wish it was a TR gun...
    Anyone want my CARV for the SAW?
  7. Messaiga

Nah you guys can just stick with the TMG-50, that should be plenty for you. ;)
  8. Epic High Five

I would trade any LMG we have EXCEPT for the SAW for the CARV. I love me some hot CARV action but I love my SAW even more :D

How about EM6 -> CARV? I'll miss out on my 200 rounds of 167 damage hot rambo action with exmags but for the CARV? Ooooooh mama worth it

What I really want is the TAR though

edit - I almost never see locked down MAXes, to the point that I was shocked that it was being used a lot more than the (admittedly rare) Aegis shield. I feel your guys' pain in regards to having a MAX special that highlights the primary weakness of the class
  9. Rogueghost

A member of my outfit, who just hit BR 100 is now trying to get auraxium with as many weapons as he can and he hates the TAR. Every 15 minutes hes either telling us how bad it is or that he wants to go back to his TRV.
  10. Epic High Five

People get attached, that makes sense. An argument could be made that the best gun in the game is whatever one you can most easily control the recoil of.

I love the TRV as it's a dps ******** monster that just murders everything in sight, but I'm a versatility type player and the longer effective range and miniscule recoil of the TAR is worth the loss of 45rpm for me. Plus, the hipfire COF is MUCH smaller on the TAR, meaning I can kit it out with a grip and not lose CQC workhorse power.

The trick with the TAR is microbursting. I can land 9-10 shots on a chest sized target from 50m with the thing, it's just stupidly accurate. I kill at ranges with the TAR that I have no buisness killing people at with a CQC bullethose.

The TRV loses less effective range running a silencer and SPA (I believe it gets SPA) though which is no small benefit.
  11. Rogueghost

I never actually used any the weapons, combat medic is my leas played class. I just found it ironic because from what he makes it sound like the TAR is one of the worst weapons in the game, and then I see someone else talking about how much they would love it have it.
  12. soeguud

Or better yet, just don't play NC.
  13. Shadowsun

El ou el, good one.
  14. HerpTheDerp

Yeah. It would be a very ******* argument though.
  15. Epic High Five

You're right, there's no familiarity quotient on the spreadsheets is there oh well guess all that's left is to tell people that they're wrong in the face of overwhelming evidence against your argument I suppose

Sometimes people are just better with certain guns that 12 lines of statistics isn't going to reveal.

You still haven't explained how I'm so much better with my SAW than with my EM6 despite its apparent superiority, got a response yet? Here I'll give you the stuff you need to research it

https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428021759059989185/weapons
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...LMG&sortcolid=16&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

That should apparently be all you need hth

Oh btw I've got 450+ EM6 kills, the majority of which are using a setup you don't recommend but at which the EM6 actually excels - exmags/suppressor/HVA and hipfired like Rambo, never stop firing NEVER
  16. Trysaeder

I just had to necro this post because the amount of incorrect statements here is incredible. It's this kind of misinformation that propagates whining, sometimes resulting in unsuitable changes to things that are fine.

Why does not having a faster TTK disadvantage it in any way? Its TTK is EQUAL to the Orion and CARV (480 ms for all of them), but both of them are much less accurate.

And other weapons don't lose accuracy after the first shot? What a fallacy this is. The second shot of the SAW has better CoF than the first shot of the CARV and Orion (0.03+0.06=0.09 versus 0.10 off the bat).

It has very low recoil. 275 recoil per minute compared to 300 recoil per minute of the Orion and CARV. The first shot recoil multiplier is also less, 1.65x versus 2.0x and 2.15x.

There's only 2 hip fire cones available in LMGs. The CARV and SAW share the same higher one, while the Orion has the lower one. All LMGs are terrible in their stock state when hip firing, so this is nothing new.

Overall, the SAW has the same TTK as the two famous close-medium range LMGs, less recoil than both of them, better accuracy than both of them, more damage per magazine than both of them, and can fire for 50% longer than the CARV.

Same killing power as its competitors, but has more range over them and can shoot for longer. A ton of whiners couldn't handle the lowered recoil and now it's got a horrible reputation. The only weapon that comes close to its effective range is the reaper DMR, which doesn't come close to the SAW's ability to murder entire squads before needing to reload.
  17. MykeMichail

No one cares.

NC6 isn't worth using.
  18. Flashtirade

[IMG]

The SAW isn't for everyone.
  19. Adamar09

At what point of your 3,500+ kills (and higher KPM than the EM6, natch) with it did you suddenly decide this?
  20. Epic High Five