Gauss SAW - a primer for new NC players

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by HerpTheDerp, Jul 30, 2013.

1. HerpTheDerp

You responded yourself. You're using the EM6 wrong and even despite this your kills/min with it is almost as high as the SAW's.

That's how bad of a weapon SAW is.

Not that it matters either way, because why would anyone give a damn about your personal performance with a weapon which is subject to a million factors?
  2. Epic High Five

I'm using it as a Rambo setup now because with the traditional setup my numbers were terrible, because the traditional setup leave the EM6 as a carbine with much worse accuracy and much larger mags. Sure it can work, but why bother when better is available?

Also because the "million factors" are the same things being swept away when people argue that THE SAW IS TERRIBLE BECAUSE THE STAT SHEET SAYS SO, then people like me come in and say, "actually I think the SAW is way better than you're saying or your interpretation of the stats leads you to believe" and suddenly it's about the intangibles again. There's no consistent argument from the other side, and the "intangibles" only exist to sweep away dissenting opinions from people who actually have a lot of experience with both guns.

It's like how IN YOUR VERY POST you just said I'm using the EM6 "wrong" but somehow using it "wrong" has netted me near identical performance to my SAW stats whereas before it was quite a ways behind? You can't have it both ways - either the "million factors" matter and I'm right because my real world performance proves that I am, or the "million factors" don't matter and I'm right because the raw data of my usage of both guns proves that I am.

You really need to stop waving this weird anti-SAW flag because your arguments against it so far have been reliant on ignoring every single person who is able to prove you wrong with their player page.
    • Up x 1
  3. HerpTheDerp

Prove me wrong how? With your **** stats? Don't make me laugh. So you can't even fire EM6 straight, and that proves SAW is a good gun? So you win a 1v1 fight as HA against a non-HA class with a SAW, and that proves SAW is a good gun? Yeah it's not like the shield helped you any.

Your fanboyism reached levels where you don't make a lick of sense anymore. Cool the **** down.
  4. lilleAllan

lol at the SAW hate.

Most ranges it kills a dude in two small bursts.

so terrible.
  5. Epic High Five

Lets compare side by side brah post your player page, betcha I've got more infantry excellence to hang my hat on than you.

EM6 is jerky but controllable, but if I wanted **** velocity on a 167 damage gun I have a ton of options in the carbine department. It's not horrible, but the SAW is great and the only actual argument you've ever used against it is "but the staaaatsheet!" and nobody takes you seriously in this thread because you handwave all real world examples away.

For being a fanboy I haven't even used the SAW - hell even my HA - more than an hour or two in the past month. Too much fun playing with guns that are actually stupidly powerful like the Cyclone and TAR
  6. KnightCole

Hmm, well this time i dropped from 3.93 to 3.87...was an off day i guess.

Em6, still lovin it.

And on the matter of the statsheet for the saw....lol

Ttk, its from the moment i pull the trigger to the moment i see kill messages. The saw gives them to me faster.
  7. Goretzu

The NC6 isn't terrible, and it almost never stops performing better the better you get with it.

Having said that though the EM6 is a much easier weapon to use (even though it's harder to use since the nerf), and is competative in situations where a NC6 shines. and better in others.

NC6 is a nightmarish gun for a beginner though.
    • Up x 2
  8. Unclematos7

I find the EM1 better than SAW.
    Let the flame war commence!
  9. Epic High Five

EM1 is fine if you can aim for the head and stick a laser on there*

* - all guns are good if you aim for the head**

** - except the Warden
  10. KnightCole

Yeah the warden is a joke..

Can their be a certs for warden sale? Id like my 1330 certs back

Unless the gun gets buffed again..
  11. Unclematos7

Used it again the other day, still full of fail. It's hipfire now appears to have shorter range than an autoshottie too.:D

It also feels odd to me how the forums are full of "SAW gurus"(many of whom have mains from other factions;)), but with other weapons, it's generally a "it's either good or it's not" situation.:rolleyes:
  12. KnightCole

SAW: Poor ADS ability, limited CQC ability. Great damage, high *** recoil.

It is kinda a mid range weapon but the high *** recoil and bloom tends to make that invalid.

It cant ADADADD for crap.....

Its a powerhouse of the gun if you can tame it.

EM6: its just a powerhouse that loses a bit of mid range power for improved recoil, CQC ability, higher mag cap, better hip fire and all in all an upgrade to the SAW in all the areas that matter.
  13. Epic High Five

What's with the damn necros lately

Just used it just now and a whole lot of times beside

Still the best LMG in the game

Still a great great gun.

The EM6 is an upgrade to the SAW S and nothing more. It's a fine gun but it's foolish to compare the two. Nobody compares the Mercenary and X11 and expects them to perform exactly the same, why does this happen so much with the dang NC LMGs?

Anyway if you don't like the SAW get the GD-22S. 100 certs to unlock and 100 certs for a grip and you've got an insanely beastly killer of a gun. Smaller mags than the EM6 and it does 64dps less, but it also reloads in 1/3 the time and is better on the move and is buttery smooth and is just a fantastic gun if you want a more nimble weapon than the SAW. Plus you could unlock and cert out two GD-22Ss for less than you'd spend to just unlock the EM6!