Game performance is worse than ever (Stutter, Hitching)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gerbil, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Dragam

Well i obviously cant say that it will Work for everyone, but the game is running butter smooth for me now :)
  2. tigerchips

I had the same problem before 19th of September, after that, stuttering is gone. That is when i installed 8GB of RAM. So if you guys are still suffering from it, perhaps it is RAM related? My old RAM was 1333mhz and my new one is 1600mhz. 1600mhz is generally faster, but the increase from 4mb to 8mb may be what did it.

Before upgrading i could not use ultra texture settings and now i can, no constant stuttering, and i also suffered from the random stuttering that you guys get. Now i get none.

Also, i would get rendering issues when spawning on Sundy but not so much now.

Corsair Memory Vengeance Blue 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Dual Channel Desktop
  3. Dragam

I have 16gb 2133 mhz ram, so i doubt that was the reason i experienced stuttering - its without any doubt a software related issue the stuttering (which im fortunately not suffering from any longer).
    • Up x 1
  4. Joay

5. Badgered

I started playing again last week after a long break and the performance is far worse than I remember it being. I randomly get stuttering sessions that drop my FPS from 45-50 to 15-20, and hit detection seems way, way off.
    • Up x 2
  6. MajiinBuu

I've always had bad performance, but lately the hitches have been a lot longer. It seems most of the hitches occur when I ADS, especially when I'm sniping. My hitches can last up to 5 whole seconds, and in battle that feels like an eternity. I have been getting above 20, but I would prefer a stable 15 :oops:
  7. TwwIX

Yeah, after a lengthy session i start experiencing intermittent performance issues. I usually run at a steady 75+ FPS but it's been all over the place since the Valkyrie patch. Stuttering and ridiculous framerate dips etc. I haven't experienced such instability since the closed testing phase. "Take a break! It'll be resolved eventually."

Why don't you stop breaking your game instead?
    • Up x 1
  8. Sneakle

Set prerendered frames to 1 both Nvidia and ATI users need a 3rd pary program to do that setting, helps a bit and bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes helps on stuttering, which is what many sees as bad performance eventhough you have normal FPS.

Remember what you do so you can revert it back if your pc doesnt like it.

Last is the perodic memleak thing taht gives a small freeze every 30 sec or so, dont know how to remove that and probably cant, its a dev thing.
  9. Unsp0kn

Yeah I don't think RAM is the issue. I've been running the same rig (16gb RAM, SLI 460's, Phenom X6 1100T) since I started in March and the performance is worse now than it was then. Right now I average 55-60fps with constant dips below 20 and about 140ms ping with insane lag spikes up over 100,000ms for minutes at a time, sometimes it's so bad I have to force quit the game and call it a night. I rarely see a good connection anymore and nothing has changed on my end.
  10. Hank

I know the game has issues, But... All is great on my end.
    In 96+ battles i stay smooth with 80-100 fps settings on high except shadows- Medium.
    prior to the patch i was CPU bound 90% of the time, after the patch i saw a jump of 30-50fps and now im always GPU bound.

i do think the 4gig vid card and 16gigs of ram does help tremendously, i also dont keep a crap ton of processes running in the background. Usually when a game puts out minimum recommended system, for some reason they think that the game will be the only thing running on it o_O
  11. SpartanZero

If it hasn't already been done. Open your taskmanager, process window. Set Planetside2 to High or Realtime. This cleared up my load screen pauses, smoothed out a lot of rendering issues, as well a boost of 5-10 FPS, as well stabilized the FPS flux. For me it did, I've no idea how it will work out for others.
  12. Cyberz

I have
    Intel i7 5820
    Asus x99 deluxe
    16gig 2666mhz DDR4
    MSI GTX980 Gaming
    SSD

and it stutter!
    hmmm..... ?!
  13. Vanguard 2

I run an AMD-3800M Quad Core CPU 2.4ghz 8gb ram and Radeon HD graphics 1gb. I remember those old days last year and before that where I could get very steady fps no huge lag spikes or fps drops which drops harder than skrillex's bass. But now its just absolutely crazy. Ive tried defragging registry cleaning overclocking driver updates remove crapware remove anything I dont use edit startup processes and even configure BIOS options but its just total ****. Now my fps cant go above 40 (at all) and the stuttering. Its like driving a car on a bumpy road and watching the speedometer bouce up and down constantly. The devs have absolutely ruined an awesome game which couldve earned them hundreds of thousands but no they decided to **** it up with stupid patches which make the game more **** every time. Before when patches came out I would be like "cool, new content!" but now its like "****, another one?!" Ive also tried changing graphics settings from high to low and editing even configuration text files in the game folder but no. Nothing. Its only a few more patches before I get that dreaded "unable to run game" message because theyve made it so resource demanding. Two ****n years to optimize and better code the game but we're just going downhill. I cant get even 25 fps in any battle say 5v5 or 50v50. Planetside 2 would probably be the best game I've played, but I think that title wont be held for long. I used to think it was just me and my pc was ****, and to be fair its not top end, but reading about people with pcs twice as good as mine and having difficulties, I'm certain its the game. With each patch the fps drops more and the stuttering goes higher. And now the audio is ****** up in any vehicle for me. And when I use air vehicles the fps drops to like 5.

Planetside 2 devs better do something about this or they will lose all their players, and that would be pretty pathetic.
    *Reading future gaming news article*
    The once popular MMO FPS action packed pc based game, Planetside 2, has now been shut down due to lack of players. This was the result of ****** devs, no attention to performance, and terrible coding.
    Or maybe even SOE might completely shut down, which I mightn't be that sad as I think I would be. They ****** up the best fps game concept, pitching hundreds to fight against each other in a planetary war.
  14. Vanguard 2

wheres the stuttering? You guys have NO ****N IDEA WHAT STUTTERING REALLY FEELS LIKE if you call that stuttering. More proof that pro players rely on pro pcs. Im br 72 now and ive played the game never above 40 fps for the entire time. You should see my stuttering
  15. dosel381

Same issue here, good system, on SSD and it stutter badly. This was the main reason I never bought premium.
  16. Hammerlock

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  17. user101

In your case turn the shade cache off in the video driver....! That will fix the shuttering. Set everything to preformance in the video driver . I have GTX970 Turn off all that buffering and set frames to 1.

Game plays great for me ....! And for those that get shot and freeze turn off the DoS in your router... that fixes that.