Game performance is worse than ever (Stutter, Hitching)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gerbil, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Gerbil

Currently this game is in the poorest state I have seen to date. The stuttering a glitching is totally unacceptable. Is someone actually working on making this playable in the near future? I have looked at the problem reporting dash board and there is little mention of such things other than performance drop since last patch... There are plenty of people experiencing the same kinds of issues on live, yet having tried the test server the game plays relatively smooth. Todays patch has made zero difference in the quality of life for me...

I play at 144hz, @ 1440p and the smoothing changes has had zero effect on the quality. I have tried play at a different hz , with different Nvidia drivers and resolutions. Disabled G-sync, tried smoothing on/off and nothing has a positive effect on this phenomenon. I have seen that it appears to be worsen in different zones within the continent (all continents affected) but to different degrees depending on where you are. The stutter is present all of the time though and it is totally game breaking.

One thing I have noticed is that when supposedly GPU bound the Nvidia Boost 2 underclocks the card as though it not need drive gpu/fps anymore. then performance really falls of off a cliff. There is clearly something wrong with the coding here the only time I have seen the gpu clocks lower themselves is if the CPU can't drive the card for want of a better description. (Cards under water temp is not a factor here 40ish degrees)

This is the same with all graphics settings (low to Ultra) I have reinstalled the game to eliminate any issues there, I have removed any overclocks etc. It has to be the game itself!

*Edit - Interestingly it appears to be when moving (strafing) with the keyboard, mouse movement (rotation) is smooth!

Anyone?
    • Up x 12
  2. Damz49

Of course is is the game and not our PC's.
    I'm playing since Dec2012 and i'm BR100n if my PC would be unable to run this game I wont be BR100 after 2 years of playing this game.

For me, patch made thing worse. Now it's not 40-10-30-10-50-10 fps it's 20-3-0-1-2-7-8-5-6-2-3-3-0-0-0-0-0-12 etc.

It's the exact opoosite of "Improvment", remind me how you say ?
    • Up x 2
  3. metsetforthat

after this patch i cant laungh game : D
    • Up x 2
  4. SynaptixBrainstorm

Yeah my friend same here...i just reached BR100 and playing with other characters included since february2013. I would not have spent a single day in this game if it would have been bad like it is at the moment...i first thought it could have been my pc which makes trouble but its not by far. I play BF4 as always on the same maps with the same amount of people and with the same fps since the very first day.

If the devs cant bring it together again then i wont stay for much longer or better said im already out and playing different games since the game just doesnt allows me to play a normal fluid gameplay.

Well at least we have now the valkyrie (valkyrie patch which has broken everything for me) a super usefull aircraft which is worse than a lib in infantry bombing/vehicle destruction, worse in battling esf's and worse than a galaxy which already is the mobile-airspawn opportunity. Honestly if i miss something superimportant here in which the valkyrie is better than any vehicle that we already have then let me know...so all that for a overall superbad new gameplay perfomancewise

UNACCEPTABLE
  5. SynaptixBrainstorm

Another new issue...SOE will never learn or make it better i promise!
  6. Damz49

Had rhe same issue for 4 days after Valkyrie patch.

Then they fixed it and added 5-10s freezes and random crash to desktop (from 2mn to 30mn of playing)

Then I reinstalled my OS, to switch from 32 to 64 bits as they were unable to fix the 32 bits client.

No more freezes or crashe, I didnt stay logged in enough time to ensure because of the terrible frame drops. Was possible to play infiltrator or tank, to cloak when a frame drop appeared.

Now, after today update, 12fps max, average is arond 5 I suppose.
    • Up x 1
  7. SynaptixBrainstorm

Overall.

Its quite sad how my once so loved game becomes a empty worthless hollow
    • Up x 1
  8. Damz49

I remind of you Synaptix, ****** sirius infiltrator :D

And also IvanTheTerrible on NC side am I right ?

The best question is why dont they just remove the PS4 code they added with vlakyrie and who makes our games unplayable ?
  9. Damz49

Gonna try to force 32bits client, didnt try it.
  10. Damz49

Same problem.
  11. SynaptixBrainstorm

Nah im not IvanTheTerribleNC :D

They said we will make also some profit out of the PS4 code which has been included with the valkpatch. But they didnt have in mind how much ppl are willing to suffer trought this.

Yeah ******* sirius infiltrator oh man...i can only imagine how bad it must be to get killed over and over again by me if the opponent plays on low graphic settings...which i now consider as a rather cheap playstyle (at least for those on low graphics) thats why im full on LA.....well i was:(

sry for being offtopic here
  12. Damz49

13. Aaren

I'm getting movement stutter. Solid 71fps most of the time (at last, thankyou SOE) - but whenever I move - my character skips back and forwards like they're on some sort of square-wheeled rollerskates.
    • Up x 1
  14. Nasher

I'm actually seeing an IMPROVEMENT so far, but I'm running quite a high end system (i7+780gtx) o_O
  15. ChampagneDragon

My system is solid, not top, well into the recommended by SOE. My game has been pretty much unplayable the last few days. The avatars stutter and warp around. Hits that I know are good don't register (even after today's "hotfix") and then random freezes. This is not a hardware issue.

It's taking all the fun out of my gameplay.

I5 3570 @ 3.40 GHz
    Nvidia GTX660
    Corsair "Vengence" 4gb RAM x2 (8gb total)
    ASRock Xtreme motherboard
    Cool Master Hyper serios cooler
    • Up x 1
  16. HotPepperDelivery

This game needs new engine that can support multi thread, SLI, and CF technology and also some little optimization as well.
    • Up x 1
  17. Aaren

As am I. Not seeing any improvement or any detriment - just weird stutter when moving.
  18. Atrabilis

I got a good half hour of play today without any issues at all, then I moved to a slightly bigger fight and my framerate tanked and froze up entirely every few minutes. BUT HEY AT LEAST I CAN USE MY CONTROLLER. You're killing me, game.
    • Up x 2
  19. B4nd1g0

Same here, not my PC as it worked fine earlier this year. the game's multitude of bugs, errors and performance issues has grown since the beginning of August I would say. Today's supposed 'HotFix' was supposed to Fix this, just made my current issues worse!
  20. CptLegshot

Players warp around, hits don't register = connection issues.
    • Up x 2