Game optimized.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Vodkabeast, Nov 27, 2012.

1. CyclesMcHurtz Code Monkey

I recommend starting with all medium settings except for: Shadows (Low), and Audio Channels (32) and adjusting one-by-one from there.
    • Up x 1
  2. Vodkabeast

I don't notice a difference between low or high.
  3. Oddzball

Post your DXDiag file.

Go to start>Run and type DXDiag, then save that, open it, and paste it here. Something is wrong with your computer somewhere.

Your GPU is bad, but not so bad you shouldnt notice a difference between high and low.
  4. Vodkabeast

Here you go
    http://pastebin.com/awZCMZNz
  5. Legitsu

I have a 6870 and its perfectly playable here at 1600x1200 40-75+Fps on high settings ...
    How ever the 6GB of ram its worrying
    if you are running a odd number of sticks or stick that are not the same capacities that might be part of your issue
    AMD chips Like to have a LOT of memory bandwidth particularly the Athlon II's because they don't have any l3 cache
    this is my useroptions.ini
    GraphicsQuality=2
    TextureQuality=0
    ShadowQuality=2
    RenderDistance=4800
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=75
    UseLod0a=0
    VSync=0
    OverallQuality=-1
    LightingQuality=2
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    EffectsQuality=3
    TerrainQuality=2
    FloraQuality=3
    ModelQuality=3
    ParticleLOD=2
    MotionBlur=0
    AO=0
    VerticalFOV=65
  6. VengefulGhost

I've just done some extensive testing on my own machine, the results:

In Warp-Gate I get 40-60 FPS depending on activity, no matter what my graphics settings are. (From Low to High) More or less, I can't tell the difference. GPU Bound.

When I get into combat, things crawl down to 10-20, and FPS is CPU Bound. This is the only time I notice the difference in changing the settings, since turning a lot of things off may get me about 5 more fps, but it's not much.

I'm assuming this is because I'm using an AMD Phenom Quad-Core Processor. But otherwise, as far as I can tell, if this game had an empty server I should be able to run it with settings maxed.

I really hope the game can get more out out my four cores at some point in the future.
  7. Legitsu

what they need todo and I am assume this is what Cycles is working is find a way to let the CPU do more work either by offloading some of the more menial rendering tasks to the cpu and letting it flip it back to the gpu when its done I have never seen the load on my cpu go above 40%
  8. Vodkabeast

I just got my new Phenom II X6 1045T. I get 25+ FPS around huge battles whereas I had 15-20 FPS with my Athlon.

So what's the news on optimization?
  9. Ovidiu

The game is becoming really frustrating.
    I have applied lost of "solutions" to have my performance boosted ( game accelerators, low setting, registry tweaking etc).
    When the server is empty (mornings), it works fine 60-100 fps.
    In the evening, it is an absolute disaster (even in Close quarters).
    I was following a dude last evening, he had his back turned, i started shooting him in the back, he turned and (bang FPS drop) killed me.
  10. Cleaver

Necroooo
  11. noobindo

Dear CyclesMcHurtz
    I'm glad that someone of вумы has decided to honor us with his presence for regular:)

Well, i have some questions for you.
    What are you doing to rise our fps right now?
    I see a lot of threads where some people ask what hardware they need too get more fps. But i got 100 fps on my old pc on ultra when play on low populated servers and got 8 fps on lowest preset when in combat. So problem is not in may old pc.
    Looks like you guys are using a separate thread for every single soldier/bullet/turret or something like this. because i get huge fps drop and high cpu usage just looking at Biolab or plant. And i got a bit less fps if looks at turrets. Even if all turrets empty.
    This is just my theory. All interactive objects in the visual field are constantly calculated on the client side, even if they inactive?
  12. ALeviathan

Main issue is that SOE kept it DX9 with low spec's to "run", DX9 easier to work with and to get more player base which equals $$$. In reality the the min' spec's should be the requirement spec's currently listed to have any type of reasonable game play. The other issue is server load as I feel this is a major factor to users having lag, warping and other issues especially during prime time.

User issues, well I'll leave that alone as there is too much to type :) . SOE can't fix dumb