Game is boring, Buff Engineer pls!!

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by ReconTeemo, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Tenebrae Aeterna

No it wasn't.
  2. Gav7x

It wasn't ? well it seems that sony forgot about it then, bunch of lazy bums
  3. Tenebrae Aeterna

It's listed in the Infiltrator thread for the upcoming update.

4. Gav7x

OHHH thanks for that, i forgot that there was a thread about a incoming update, i thought it was cancelled because the last news i heard about it was about 2 months ago
  5. Tenebrae Aeterna

Yeah, the updated the thread on the Roadmap just recently.
  6. Erilis

All good ideas, but what about
    [IMG]
  7. Pyrode

Buff engineer how? You just need to have some fun. Here's an unusual tactic i like to use.

Find a location where enemy snipers are sniping with little to no back up. Drop an AI mine in a bush. Drop ammo pack next to bush. Move away.
    The sniper will hopefully notice the ammo pack and think "Hey if i use that ammo pack i'll be using up enemy resources AND get free ammo". They sneak on over to the pack and BOOM.

It's even better if you let them kill you first because then they think it's safe and you get the last laugh when you see their name pop up when you're waiting to respawn.
  8. ZZYZX

When I'm not a MAX, I'm an Engineer - which is roughly 50% of the time. And I get a TON of XP in fights, healing any and all vehicles and MAXs I see that aren't at full health. For some reason, it seems like other engys in game are lazy, or don't want to repair things - I say this because I ALWAYS see wrench icons when I enter an area, and usually make the icons disappear by myself. I love playing support roles! I drop ammo at every choke point, regardless of whether anyone asks for it. That might be why I'm sitting on over 3,500 cert points that I'm not sure how I'm gonna use quite yet.

That being said...engineer IS boring. I can keep busy, sure - but I feel like there should be more certs for us.

I really, REALLY miss the Spitfire Turrets (AI sentry turrets, automated). That's at least one thing that would create some more fun for us. They were a BLAST in PS1! :)

I've seen some other good suggestions in the Roadmap section on Engineers. One of them was "roadblock" or "barricade" deployables, not too bad of an idea.

Another idea could be a "nanite grenade" like the healing grenade of the Medic class, that AoE repairs by dispersing a cluster of nanites in a given radius. Forgive me if this already exists; I don't use grenades of any sort!

It just seems like an engineer could be more useful on the battlefield.
  9. Quiiliitiila

My tiff is the fact that they've planned an update for most of the classes left EXCEPT for engineer. As with ZZYZX, when I'm not a MAX, I'm engineer. I can easily keep myself busy repairing stuff, but I'd like some more stuff to fabricate. turrets, walls, mini bunkers, drop-jammers, portable gens, etc. I'd like to be able to set up a field base with another group of engineers to give my allies some support, other than just being a one trick pony with my turret.

There is SO much potential wasted with this class, and if SOE keeps up with the way they are going, the engineer's just going to get a new turret and perhaps one new weapon or something. They aren't putting much into these class updates (not effort wise, but content wise) which saddens me. Look at the MAX update. New ES AV weapons and some crappy abilities that no one really likes. What are the odds they'll look at MAX again any time soon? Very little.

-Q
  10. Hiding in VR

When I play Engineer, I am usually a bad Engineer :oops: because I get distracted by the joy-to-use TRAC-5 and forget I am supposed to be repairing vehicles and supporting our troops :D
  11. DeadlyPeanutt

i'm a level 25 and engie main in VS, NC and TR. mostly farming lots of certs, but since i don't like being shot in the face a lot, i prefer to be a support player. I love keeping my MAXs healthy and it irritates me when some tank knocks them down. I feel like engies who are repairing maxes should get an assist on all their kills.

as an engie I've also killed many tanks, gals, and shot many HA, LA, and other classes in the face when the lines are overrun.
    soooo.... some people enjoy engie. and my team loves my ammo and repair services. I get lots of 'thanks' every game.
  12. Ttariel

There is no rule that you have to use the turret, play a combat engi then.

Run with your team and give them more ammo then they need, support the cute little MAX asking for another one and help out the medic that needs an extra gun for a moment.

Engi is one of the classes that can be setup to deal with everything just give it some time. If all of this is not helping change your main.