[BUG] G2G Launchers & Render Distance (with video)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Banick, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Banick

With the new stealth buff to G2G launchers, MBT are now being targeted, locked, and successfully hit an entire hex away. The Heavy Assaults do not render for the MBT or gunner, and it is not possible to counter this class with Infiltrator, as they do not render at that distance. Focus on the lock at 0:14.
    • Up x 1
  2. Banick

3. HadesR

What stealth buff ? and why when you got a lock on warning did you sit and try to tank it ? no pun intended
  4. wrenched

Wait, so, a magrider died?

:eek:
  5. Sharpe

Dont bother - folks here are just gonna tell you how skilless you are for even being in a magrider and you deserve whatever kinds of stupid death you get.

Also - welcome to the world of ESF's nowadays.
    • Up x 1
  6. orthus2

well you just sat there while being locked on, which was the drivers fault but the render distance does need to be fixed.
  7. Mootar

Tanks are next up for the nerf bandwagon, you can be sure of that.

Untl we have 100's of infantry marching towards each other like the 17th century and the only vehicle in game is an unarmed Sunderer and the Flash it will continue.
    • Up x 2
  8. QuantumMechanic

Until SOE can improve render distance across the board, they should make the current system affect vehicles, turrets, MAXes AND *infantry*.

Making it so that some troop types render at diferent distances than others is just complete BS to be honest. I still don't understand why they thought it was ok to release the game like that.
    • Up x 1
  9. Meh.

I am happy to see it worked as planned, you mad because you can't spam farm from far ? Q_Q more.
    • Up x 1
  10. HadesR

Cus Imo making everything suffer from the dynamic render distance would be a lot worse .. Imagine busy fights if Air and tank's didn't render until they were 20m's away .
    Yes render need's fixing but that Imo wouldn't be the answer ..
  11. Marked4Death

Yep, that is just tinkle poor from a gameplay perspective. Did anyone QA this change?
    I'm also not sure that lock-ons really need 3-4x the range of dumbfire.
  12. Izriul

I was getting locked from the crown way further back than where you even died. You know the bridge going to TI's over the ravine? Yeah, try further back than that, plus up along the ravine even more. Even when I went into the ravine for cover I was still being locked.
  13. HadesR

Maybe you wasn't being locked from where you thought you were ?
    • Up x 1
  14. Izriul

Nope, I know exactly where it was, I took 100% of the damage from the same guy, which I actually took first hit from the turret at TI closest the crown.

While people don't render to tanks from great distances, once they have fired they do. Before you even say shoot him, I had AP rounds which is fine for hitting tanks at that range, but a tiny blip that locks on to you is a little risky. Lately I've become very sensible with my tank!
  15. JudicatorRex

happened to me today. Was getting hit in a base uncontested as in 0 activity from a hex away. the annoying thing is the rocket should at least render but a lot of the times I just get lock and dmg... I wouldn't mind not being bale to actually see them but I would appreciate knowing where it came from with 100% surety.

The first time this happened to me i thought i was maybe getting hit from behind, im not used to lock on launchers don't get hit by them a lot so I thought no way im getting hit from the crown so I turned and headed back towards J808 impact site and i ate another in the *** this time and put myself into the danger zone (not quite burning) then another lock on as i was about to enter the impact site and then i died. Thats a ridiculous distance.
  16. HadesR

Only asked because sometimes it's hard to judge hit direction .. Ive been killed by tanks from behind before .. but for some reason their engine noise doesn't make them appear on the mini map I didnt know he was there :p
  17. Xil

Come on people.... ignore the magrider and look at what happened. LOCK on missile hits tank from strait ahead. NO Missile even renders but the damage is still dealt. This is an issue for all empires.
  18. VaporCZ

Super Infantry FTW, Died like this a few times VERY annoying, I was deep in friendly controlled territory and I never got a rocket trail or saw where they were coming from. I always said the QQ's wouldn't be happy until they could solo a tank, didn't think they would bow to them so quickly. Cant wait to start lining up on the firing line Red Coat Style (don't confuse with Gangdam)
  19. ShureShot

Yep, this is a real problem.

In any game, it should not be possible that person A can shoot person B, but B can't shoot back because A doesn't render for him. Dynamic rendering may be necessary, but then they need to adjust the range of lock-ons accordingly.
    • Up x 1
  20. HadesR

That's an issue across the board and not just reserved for vehicles
    • Up x 1