Friday Night Ops - Webcast Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Ash87

Meh, it'd still be better than the SMG spotlight.
  2. Luperza Community Manager

Showing off stuff on internal builds is not something we will do all the time. Seeing anything internally is a privilege. Remember that. :)
  3. Stew360

One thing i would like to see one day is having 3 casters who run with 3 outfits thats are in 3 different empire willing to try to face eachothers so you can see a real time strategies war going on , but you can see both side of the fence but also see if their is any awesome tactic etc..

I think one thing lack in FNO its the depth and how close we can feel to the outfits and the game when we look at it , it seams that in FNO its more like a fly over than a in depth show

i think that having comunication chanel of the 3 outfits been able to see how they play and react , how each outfits can outcome in realtime the chalenge theyll have to face ,a and also how they comunicate how they give orders and so on ...

i think this way it will be more interesting

Also having a first person view of the individual players is a must , so you can focus on micro and macro picture of the war , its like if a squad leaders who is really good in infantry combat who is in charge to take an objective when the critical momments arrive been able to see their push in First person would be awesome :)

i have many thing to say but its a idea of what i think , that could improove FNO
  4. Luperza Community Manager

That would be amazing! We currently can only grab gameplay footage from one computer, so showing off three at a time would be hard to do with our current setup. Also, we don't have access to that many shoutcasters on hand. :) That is definitely something that would be rad to do!

This sounds more like something you should propose to the MLG guys who run The War Report. They have a much bigger production budget for their show. I'm running this solo for the most part.
  5. NCVeteran

Faction Specific Spec Ops Helmets. Just an Idea ^_^ (Also, If you see another one of these posted on this thread, sorry, it didn't say I posted it)[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  6. MykeMichail

I wanna see who'd win an arm wrestle. Maggie or Jimmy.

My money's on Maggie.
  7. Ash87

So, FNO?
  8. Rockit

Think SOE is taking a vacation while most of us have more free time than ever. Kinda reminds me of December.
  9. KodiakX

I'd like to see server focuses. Such as picking a server and finding the biggest and baddest fights and covering them for the duration. Don't follow any one particular outfit or faction, but rather find big battles going on in a server and report/comment/etc on them.

This way we're not listening to a few hours of propaganda by every outfit who of course is going to talk about how cool they are but instead seeing the real fighting and action of said outfits in real combat scenarios.

NO PRE-RECORDED ACTION.

It's cowardly and lame.
  10. Luperza Community Manager

Sorry, no FNO today 6/14/2013. We're all recovering from E3. :D Next one will be on the 21st!
    • Up x 2
  11. Pella

How is it Cowardly and lame?

If your a small outfit. You get stream sniped and bombarded by the larger outfits.

Not really fun is it?

Pre Recorded offers a better perspective on how that outfit operates. Not some 1 off night just for the show.
  12. Czuuk

Unless your outfit always operates as a one off. ;)

Pre recording has pros and cons. Easier for outfits, harder for poor Luperza. Guaranteed to more, better videoz. But at expense to the live feeling. There is something fun and engaging about stream sniping.

Especially when you do it in a galaxy. ;)
  13. FendleyFire

It also wouldn't be very interesting watching the EU outfits running around at 2 in the morning ghost capping entire conts.
    • Up x 2
  14. KodiakX

If you're concerned about stream sniping, simply put it on a 15-30 minute delay.

Pre-Recorded videos are tantamount to shameless propaganda that has no base truth behind it. Seeing them perform well one night while every other night they run around and get crushed is entirely misleading. That's the pressure and advantage to seeing a live streamed Op. You see how they deal with unplanned scenarios and unplanned situations instead of just handing over a video showing how awesome you were that one time in that one area for that one event (which is cowardly and lame).
  15. Pella

That's where your wrong and i care not to cause an argument here.

Lupreza filmed our Last FNO. But the majority of the footage was sent directly from our members. Which she kindly took segments and edited to keep it interesting for the viewers.

We even posted the unedited version of it in the thread.

So in my view as an EU outfit. It showed us in best light.

Why? Because we play exactly like that every single night of the week.

As a result we have had a lots of applications from skilled players. And they love it here so far.

We choose not to do the live FNO, For 2 Reasons.

1: No fights at 2am on EU servers.
    2: Every NC/VS outfit on our server would of loved to make a fool's of us.
    • Up x 1
  16. Macchus

have to agree with you on this . Kodiakx is assuming things about you with no actual proof . i may have disagreed with you in the past , but i still recognize that you are a good player , and if i assume anything about anyones videos , its that they are usually as good as they seem in the video , except for the obvious single kill CoD montages lol.
  17. KodiakX

I don't think there's an argument here as much as a difference of opinion. In my opinion only cowards are unable to take the heat while showing off their outfit on the fly. I don't assume you're good or bad, only that a pre-recorded video doesn't show me one way or another only that you likely had at least a good night of ops and it was sent in. It's a staged video regardless if the video actually needed to be staged or not. This makes the whole affair uninteresting because I'm willing to bet even the worst group could make a video showing how awesome they are.

If stream sniping is an issue I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for a delay.

If you're from EU, I don't think it's unreasonable to have an EU FNO that's done earlier in the day. Maybe that's a good new idea in this thread of suggestions, have EU outfits be featured during their prime time instead of the North America prime time?
  18. Pella

Come roll with us, Or fight against us.

And i am 100% sure you will have a different opinion.

Regardless Lupreza does this stuff off her own back. Not in paid time.
    • Up x 1
  19. FendleyFire

We had 1 night, Luperza joined our platoon and recorded us for a few hours. The only difference between this and a live show is that down time was cut out and the commentary was added afterwards. The only "staged" part was where Luperza asked us to load our gals for a nice wide shot and this was mentioned in the show.

It's an outfit spotlight not an MLG match where we want on the fly commentary and I believe pre recorded shows will give us a more entertaining and insightful commentary, I honestly think I'd rather watch pre recorded shows more often.
    • Up x 1
  20. Saemi74

Luperza : regarding next FNO, I would kindly request maybe a small update on the upcoming launch on the PS4.

There was alot of stuff live on the SOE channel about some of it but trying to cut through the goofyness of Higby and Mr Purple VS, it was impossible to understand most of it :)

What I would like to know (and I think quite many of us maybe) :

Will there be cross platform play?

Will our character progression move over or is it completely separate?

Will we be able to play Keyboard + Mouse?

VOIP support?

+

Loads more.