Friday Night Ops - Webcast Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Luperza Community Manager

This is the perfect place for feedback and I am definitely looking for constructive feedback on how to engage the community in better ways.

To answer your overall forum concern: You should be able to get all your information about PlanetSide 2 on PlanetSide2.com, our official forums and our official Wikia. This is also the best way to get your opinions and concerns seen by the development staff. Other sites and social networks are tools to help support the community and development of PlanetSide 2. You should never have to follow a developer's personal social media network, unless you want to! :D

Using your example, you're actually incorrect. I no longer just take questions from Twitter for PlanetSide 2 Friday Night Ops (PS2FNO). I just prefer Twitter if possible because it keeps questions nice and short. :) I'm actually working with our Web Presence team to get a question form for PS2FNO on the forums that will help solve this problem. Feedback is welcome within each episode's thread, in this thread for general PS2FNO feedback and any other place people want to provide feedback - Twitter, FB, Wikia, Reddit, etc. :D Unfortunately, not everyone uses the forums. I do try to keep everything I post here on the forums somewhere as well as on other social networks.

We love working with PSU, ReachCast and other media/fan sites. We don't plan to stop! I do want to note that other sites might not always be there, PlanetSide2.com, our official forums and official Wikia will be. =)
  2. Tungsten

Wow thanks for the reply i feel empowered already. I am also glad to hear about a question forum being set up. Once that is in place i really dont have anything to complain to you about.

But everything else still stands. Like i said im jaded and that's from experience. I know how information flows in PS2, i know the official forums are haunted. Its the reason i can watch FNO and see a new feature then look at a twitter feed to read it has been delayed, why well thought out arguments die of starvation while a troll can get 5 minutes of fame in a three sentence conversation. It's probably the same reason i am paranoid of having my posts deleted. And that problem isn't going to go away. I suggested PSU but if it meant i could have all the information in one place i would go anywhere. Id be content if that place was also involved with the community.

I dont expect you to take on that responsibility in fact im not sure who should. Again there is no on topic place for me to post this i just got frustrated over seeing this:
    in the community update. The biggest community problem, personally the one i think is the single greatest setback of this game, is also the one no one is willing to talk about. Feels good to have this read though.
  3. Gary

We have the "Content Session" Can we get a session in which you show us were things have gone wrong in creation, Things you considered but decided against after seeing how powerful they became (VS Jump packs) That sort of thing :p
  4. Luperza Community Manager

Hmm...I can talk to them about that. I'm not sure they'll want to do that over giving everyone information on stuff that's actually going to make it into the game.
    • Up x 2
  5. Czuuk

6. chrisbeebops

This event isn't an official FNO. It was organized by a few VS & NC outfits on Waterson who are looking for some good battles. :)
  7. Czuuk

This is true, I just can't figure out where FNO is happening tonight. If it's on Waterson, this thing may not be happening. And we will have to look for some more targets.
  8. SniperIncoming

that actually turned out to be a good time DEOZ, UNIT, DGRV, DVS and some smaller factions went ape on the vs and warp locked the TR
    • Up x 1
  9. Czuuk

Oh dear. I've crossed teh streamz?
  10. reddragons

Can someone help me out here? I am unable to find the sign up link for a date with Luperza when/if she is ever in San Francisco. Wait, Is this the wrong section? Oh damn, am I saying this out loud? Hmmm, I'll just Google it:eek:
  11. Czuuk

Terror of all terrors, you have to send a personal message to the young women herself.
  12. FlowerPot

A better content session.. lately i feel they have been really short and lacking. and i think most people watching fno are just there to watch you talk about upcoming stuff, like cmon; who was expecting a preview of hossin ages ago........ it should be out already!!!
    • Up x 1
  13. Czuuk

Now you have us confused. Hehe.

Dare I say you enjoyed our, ehem, "content"?
  14. Luperza Community Manager

We can't show things unless we get permission unfortunately, so often we just can't show you anything else. Now with the Public Test server open, everyone can kind of see what we're working on and we don't have to go over a lot of that with you on the show.

If you want us to go over things that are on the Public Test server in more detail with an added Q&A segment for it, we can do that. :)
    • Up x 3
  15. DurandaI

yes, please do that, alot of us have quite a few questions in regards to some of the content in the PTS
    • Up x 3
  16. Czuuk

Maybe a webcast test server event of some kind? idk who could we talk to about that? Tuesdays work for us. Or any other day really. Even on 1.5 hours notice. Apparently. Allegedly. Who said that?
  17. Luperza Community Manager

Sure, I can try that for a few episodes and see how it goes. :) If people like it, we'll keep doing it.
    • Up x 1
  18. VillainousMuse

Hummmmmm...

Well if this is a feedback thread, then alright, I'll share my experience with the Friday Night Ops thing on my server (Connery). I play NC under the name of "ZoeyMuse", I'd be surprised if Luperza remembers me but here we go...

So my outfit was on Indar, capping points back from the VS and somewhat working the TR when we felt it was needed. However right now we were fighting the Vanu when one of my outfit leaders says they've got Luperza on whisper or some method of contact and that she wants to do a Friday Night Ops fight. Platoon versus platoon. My thoughts? Well awesome, get some face time against a developer of the game, probably get my booty kicked but have a good time regardless.

So everything is going well, we're all gearing up to fight Luperza and her platoon on Indar, where it was agreed that we would meet her at Regent Rock Garrison and get ready to duke it out. We waited a bit, left it to the Vanu so we'd be on the offensive rather than the defensive. An advantageous situation for the Vanu, I would think. It's much easier to defend something than to attack.

So we're all sitting around, waiting, waiting, waiting... Finally some of us get bored and we just go to Regent Rock Garrison and cap it. After the fact, our leader informs us that we won't be fighting on Indar anymore, we won't be meeting the VS Luperza platoon head on or even side-long or any kind of meeting her at all. No, we're going to Amerish which is in my opinion the absolute worst continent to fight on. Getting anywhere in a tank or even a Sunderer is a massive pain the backside, air is the key to mobility and for the most part on average, Scythes easily dominate air superiority over Reavers without too much of a fight.

So this is where things start to get a bit fishy to me. I'm not happy and admittedly, I told my outfit that I didn't want to go because the fighting is on Indar and I hate Amerish (I would have loved Esamir as an alternative but it wasn't my call) but ended up joining them reluctantly because I really did want a chance to get face to face with the PR of Planetside 2.

"Where are we meeting Luperza?" I ask my platoon leader/outfit officer.

"I have no idea, around Wakuk I think. She won't tell me anything else." He replies.

Immediately things start to seem even worse. So not only do we have to go to a continent that the NC are at a serious disadvantage but we have to play hide and seek in a territory for this person in an area we can't even capture? (We had no adjacency so we couldn't cap the location we were ball-parked on her location).

The next half an hour was spawning nothing but Sundies, driving them past many locations that we could have capped and setting them up in a massive search grid around this location we were told she would be. Half an hour and probably an hour even, I wasn't really keeping track of the time but I know that I had enough time for at least a couple of Reaver respawns, a sundie respawn and even a few harasser spawns (I haven't been playing for very long so I dont have acquisition timers knocked down that much via certs) and possibly more.

What really cheeses me off about what happened was it turns out the -entire- time, her platoon was at a BioLab (I don't recall which) capping from the NC or defending (admittedly my memory is pretty crap) it from them. The entire time without a word from my platoon leader about it the -entire- time we're all screwing around in territory we can't cap looking for this person and her platoon. Maybe it was just a breakdown of communication between Luperza and my platoon leader, I won't lie and say I didn't place all the blame on Luperza herself (which isn't really that fair, I don't think) at the time of my frustration.

What's the worst part though is we finally figure out where she is, we finally get her location confirmed. We know she's there, FNO is at this BioLab. Well our tanks and air are useless now anyways but so are their's so what's the problem? Nothing at all, let's go get her! We have to fight TR as well for this spot? Well... that sucks... Kinda feeling like a fight with the VS on a regular basis rather than a skilled or even slightly courageous commander here.

So we spent maybe fifteen to twenty minutes fighting over this BioLab and well of course, my outfit leaders decided they weren't making enough headway and called for a MAX crash. Given that NC MAXs are incredibly adept at combat in confined spaces, we pushed the VS back to their spawn fairly quickly after this.

So looks like it's a tidy victory, the VS will fall back and regroup, we'll chase after them after we've capped this BioLab. Parry, thrust, riposte. It looked to be a promising evening full of fun even after all the before mentioned crap that was just a massive time waster.

Wait what? Luperza went to Esamir? Why the heck would she do that?

Literally moments after we took the Bio Lab, Luperza and her entire platoon buggered off to a completely different continent again. They didn't try to fight back, they didn't try to reciprocate the MAX crash or even... regroup. They just ran off like a whipped dog with their tail between their legs to a different continent.

Well... ****. An entire hour and change wasted for -one- skirmish. If this is what Friday Night Ops is supposed to be, it should be named "Friday Night Skirmishes" or "Friday Night Hide-And-Seek".

I don't know how the TR or NC public relations people work their FNO because honestly I've never had the pleasure of fighting them but this incredibly ******** and typical behaviour on the VS's part in my experience was just a waste of my (and in my opinion, my outfit's though I won't presume to speak for them) time. Make us fight TR and then just sort of shoot at us from the sidelines, capping the objectives while we're occupied with an opponent that actually wants to fight back. This obviously didn't play out against my outfit and we had most of our attention focused on the Vanu while an auxiliary squad held off the TR and the fight seemed to evaporate out of the VS a heck of a lot quicker than it actually came to them.

So... long story short, I feel that my time was wasted playing hide and seek with Luperza's platoon and that the Vanu are terribly bad losers who flee at the first sign of an almost equal to or equal number of opponents that shoot back focusing on them. If the intention of this event is to establish a positive relationship with the community in showing the developers on a public level are engaging their consumers, for me it has massively failed. I'm not sure if Luperza will contact my outfit again for another "fight" given that I was less than hospitable about my unhappiness with the scenario over /yell but if she does, she can rest assured that I will not be participating again and not have to deal with my lack-of-fear to express my displeasure with something in public.

Perhaps one person bad-mouthing Friday Night Ops won't make an impact, perhaps I'm just making this up to be a sour puss in the garden of fun or some other silly reason for people to discredit my experience with FNO via Luperza as fiction. What I know for certain though is I was not happy with my experience in the least and will not be repeating it again, fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
  19. Luperza Community Manager

Hey VillanousMuse, what outfit are you with? The explanation you proposed here sounds nothing like any FNO I've ever done. I'm always in the TS/Mumble/etc comms with the outfit leader and they tell me where to go, not the other way around.

(Are you talking about just normal gameplay from last week which has nothing to do with the FNO show?) If so, that was not being streamed at all. We didn't even have a full platoon (it was just a few random people playing together in a squad), so we didn't agree to meeting up with that outfit if you're talking about that (which I think you are).
    • Up x 1
  20. Czuuk

• Up x 1