Friday Event

Discussion in 'Helios (US West)' started by Riekopo, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Excellentz

Ohhhh we have talked about doing this within ADK back when we were on Genudine, kind of did one but it wasn't a true race.. I would LOVE to get some sort of deathrace or something going. We could do lightnings/flashes and then even sunderers haha. I would be game to help organize something like this. We should brain storm some ideas.

We can be frenemies Nyt :)
  2. NytDragon

Add me to in-game friends list... same name.
  3. Vohk

I think this is going to be a consistent issue, especially as the continents start queuing more. I do hope they tone down the frequency of the events a little bit during prime time. The only way we'll be able to pull any future events is if we can several outfits willing to commit to ignoring the alerts for the duration of the event, and even then we'll probably be getting lower numbers unless the op is near the alert.

I really do hope we can keep that up and I think we will, so long as we can keep the cross-faction banter good natured and avoid indulging in too much of the comments on sexual preferences/'delicious tears' sort of stuff (to be clear, not calling anyone out here). That kind of thing starts to turn rivalry into open animosity. Good in wars. Less so in games.

I believe Zim has been a bit busy this week. I'll try get a hold of him tonight to double check if he had anything in the works but I'm sure he wouldn't mind if someone else wanted to start the show this week. EXE will definitely be up for whatever the party is.

The really tricky thing about those is getting away from all the people not participating. We get this all the time when we run our outfit Deathraces. People see the party starting and join in while cheerfully ignoring all of the rules, even when we broadcast them publicly. Just a few rogue ESFs and tanks can easily **** the whole event and make it very frustrating for all involved. Now, that's not to say I wouldn't be up for giving it a shot... :D

I definitely agree that we should try something clearly distinct from the 'Capture the continent' alerts if we can. On the simple, less crazy side we could always just have the participating outfits focus on a major target (ex: Eisa Tech), even while the alert was running. Not especially distinct or interesting, but guaranteed to result in a massive battle and simple to organize on short notice. Also helps prevent people from dropping out to join the alert.

Also, I would absolutely love to make some kind of VIP event (tweaked of course) a regular thing. If we can get all three streaming and in character, or even recording in the same Teamspeak/Mumble/whatever channel, that would make for a very hilarious time. Would be great publicity for Helios as well. Removing the scoring from assassinations, making sure everything is sorted out sooner, and fleshing out the ground rules (VIPs must always point towards enemy, etc) would eliminate most of the difficulties from the first run.

I am definitely open to ideas. Let's make something happen!
  4. Excellentz

Yeah I agree with all of that. The VIP system would be great, I think it would be best for keeping track of score and just to make sure they are staying in the fight. A deathrace on Amerish would be pretty cool since we ALL know how much of a pain in the *** it is getting around by land haha, could be interesting and hopefully nobody would be there... We should probably try and get a google group going for leaders of the factions. You guys down to join it?
  5. SgtCharlesZim

Sorry for the lack of replies today guys. The power lines were being worked on here.

I have not planned anything this week, but I'm sure EXE will be up for whatever event we can agree to. I will have a new event setup for next week though, so don't go away!
    • Up x 1
  6. KILLFACE

I had a Flash Rally all planned out but literally the day after I finished they moved our warpgate. Can't hurt to post the videos up though I spose. I can plot out another if people are keen. Could get at least one done before tonight.

Could possibly have to require people from other factions to make Alternates though, one gunshot could turn it into the OK Corral, then again how the **** they gonna get 150 certs in such a short time so ****it, may have to only invite Outfits or something.

Was hoping there would be access to the Continents in VR for this but **** happens eh.

I'll have to plot one from somewhere other than the Warpgate, unless we do a NC Only Rally? There is no way known you can convince the Zerglings not to shoot at a swarm of TR and VS Flash's.

Zim if you ain't gonna have something done on time holla at me I'll cover ya and get it done. This is why I recommended getting a week ahead, so things were done a week before not 2 days before and so you had a buffer, because **** happens.
  7. KILLFACE

These are the old ones before they moved the Warpgate, I'll make some more though.

Indar
    *Having trouble finding a fun course on Indar*

Esamir
    Vehicle : Flash
    Difficulty : Medium
    Required : Turbo (150 certs for base level)
    Recommended : Nanite Auto Repair (30 Certs for base level), Racer Chassis (100 Certs for base level)
    Rules : No avoiding jumps that won't kill you, no unfair shortcuts.
    Referee : : C150 Dalton
    Music Type On Video : Boom Bap

Overhead map :
    (link)(link)(link)(link)(link)(link)(link)(link)(link)(link)

Amerish
    Vehicle : Flash
    Difficulty : Hard
    Required : Turbo (150 certs for base level)
    Recommended : Nanite Auto Repair (30 Certs for base level), Racer Chassis (100 Certs for base level)
    Rules : No avoiding jumps that won't kill you, no unfair shortcuts.
    Referee : : C150 Dalton
    Music Type On Video : Guitars

Overhead map :
    (link)(link)(link)(link)(link)(link)(link)(link)(link)(link)(link)
  8. NytDragon

I wasn't thinking of a race... but more of an actual battle, but with light vehicles only... no air. Perhaps still make Eisa the primary location for capture.
  9. KILLFACE

That too is doable. Could be fun actually. AP LIGHTNING FTW!

AP Lightnings are ******* badass cause there is so little Shell Drop and so much Velocity, it's easy to pick moving Infantry off at 50 meters or more, swat Jets outta the air then have the Speed to chase em down and kill em when they repair, even makes long range shelling is easy, I've gotten Sundy kills from 500 meters away.

Not sure about 2 hours of it though, we could just have a fight there and 'strongly encourage' people to use a lot of Flash's and Lightnings.

Actually could work is just say 'YO, everyone get on Esamir and focus on the Alerts'. Sound good?
  10. Recce

Yeah lets just rock up on Esamir, Faction with the most territory after 2 hours win? Wish we could reset continents.
  11. KILLFACE

Ya, disable Indar for an hour, reset the continents and make everyone spawn back at warpgate and a border of surrounding territories, give em 5-10 minutes to get sorted out and kitted up then GO.
    • Up x 1
  12. KILLFACE

btw Zim didn't make a move so I took the initiative and just threw something up. (link)
  13. Brasidas

[RNGA] lead the way!