FPS needs to be skill based.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Protential, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Gavyne

I'm NC, if I don't strafe like a freak I die. In infantry battles I can clearly tell when I'm going up against a skilled & shall we say seasoned FPS player vs someone newer. I know who aims and who's just spraying. Of course as with all games there are some luck involved, some random engine and reg come into play. CS:S is awesome at giving that random luck of a headshot. And yes some factions have faster rate of fire weapons that cater more to the newer FPS players. But it does not make them unkillable.

You are right, you didn't reference CS, but come to think of it you haven't referenced any games where it hits your stamp of approval. You've dissed CoD, BF3, CS:S, and Quake so far. So please tell me what game gives you that type of headshot skill fest you are looking for?
  2. Hessian

Who cares about the real world? You obviously don't because you obviously have no clue either. Please stop making wild baseless statements and acting like they are fact.

I pretty sure you just want to play "hardcore" mode cod or battlefield, so go do that?
  3. Protential

I want to play CS :) And or Planetside, without 1 class trumping the rest based on equipment and not skill...

I am not going to keep repeating myself for the simple minded. I am done for today.
  4. smokemaker

If it required no skill to kill you, Then why are you dead?
    If the other player did not display any skill, you should have easily beaten him.
    yes?
  5. Protential

I rarely die to infantry I am aware of. 90% of the time I die I am insta gibbed by a plane I can not even locate.
  6. smokemaker

LOL
    You do not undertsand this game.
    It is not about you. The individual.
    It is about the group.
    You are in the wrong game.
  7. Hessian

Except one class doesn't trump anything and equipment barely makes a difference. Basically your points comes down too this, my opinion is right because...

Yea. I'm done too, you're obviously delusional.
  8. Protential

The group instantly gets fragged however, by one individual. And if you think you have time to re-equipp once targeted your a moron.
  9. Protential

Your right, all classes have a fair chance against liberators, and buying rocket pods and lib bombs are not actually upgrades, where as EVERY weapon is a "Side Grade"
  10. Protential

Your right, nanoweave is just as viable as flak armor, or the increased shield regen...I am vastly mistaken for thinking 1 thing outshines the rest, in all classes.
  11. smokemaker

There are ways around this if you are willing to adapt.
  12. Protential

No, there are not. There are lucky times when you can get out a sundy and have your assault team all switch to burster maxes to kill 1 or 2 esf but a skill pilot WILL kill you before you deploy.

Sure, lets all hide in the bio lab, thats PRO
  13. smokemaker

"No, there are not."
    !!!
    Sir I have found your problem. It has nothing to do with your PC or the game. It has to do with your limited range of mental stretching.
    IE you have trapped yourself with your own refusal to .... Adapt.
    Thank gosh we found your error so easily.
    And i dont stay in the bio labs very long. :)
  14. Protential

Listen, let me give you another example.

I can sit in my spawn, and fire rockets out to cap points, or at tanks etc. Without the enemy being able to return fire.

About to make a thread about it.