FPS Drops since patch?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Devrailis, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Devrailis

So, all of these new bugs aside, has anyone experienced any performance drops as well?

I'm looking at <10 FPS when inside vehicles in large fights now. I mean, my FPS used to be bad, but not crippling bad. :mad:
    • Up x 2
  2. EliteEskimo

Yep. After PU1 I could get around 20 FPS in medium battles and around 15 in larger ones. However now I'm around 15 in medium sized battles and big battles are around 10 FPS or I just crash. It's like everything they did through OMFG has been undone through the recent patches starting at PU2. It's rather disappointing to say the least I'm hoping to buy a new gaming rig over the summer so I won't have to deal with these shenanigans anymore.
  3. Devrailis

PS2 performance feels like it goes in cycles. The devs manage to squeeze out some FPS performances in one patch, then immediately tanks it in the next, so on and so forth.

My performance was actually quite stable in the weeks leading up to this patch.
  4. DeadAlive99

Yes, my fps was so bad last night my eyes were hurting. It was weird, because the very first login (before my regularly scheduled crash) felt like doubled fps it was so smooth. I was loving it, and thinking that they must have done some stealth perf.buff. But, beginning with the second login, I lost half of my normal fps and it was awful.

When my fps is that bad, all I do is engy-farm in one spot because it just hurts too much to play.
  5. sustainedfire

Im getting fairly steady frames, though sometimes the game begins to run like a dream- extremely smooth High FPS and plays like a dream. Im not sure if its been optimized further, though it seems when the game is first loaded, the frames are at an excellent level, and then often deteriorate as a play session goes on.

There have been a few instances where the game gets choppy, which is a new occurance since the latest patch.