Forcing 64bit. Is it OK?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chewy102, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Phyr

[IMG]

Oh really?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Spiritualised

I concede It appears you are indeed correct I apologise to you. although vou can rename those files what you like so long as you have that one named planetside2. In my folder x86 was renamed gsdfdf and x64 renamed to planetside2, the old planetside2 file was renamed sddsddfs. When I check task manager it does indeed show that its running the 64 bit client. Im quite shocked and also really sorry My humblest apologies
  3. Phyr

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  4. Spiritualised

Just so were clear here Phyr nice find and I do sincereley offer an apology
    If I could make that image my avatar right now believe me I would
  5. Phyr

Be less condescending next time.
  6. Spiritualised

If you had been clearer in your description on how to do it the first time the conversation wouldnt have reached this point.
    Either way Im glad someones found a way to enable it
  7. Phyr

The OP contained very clear instructions on how to do it.
  8. Chewy102

I take no credit for this. It was just me finding a post on reddit and wanting to ask more about it here. I didn't have a clue that both clients are in the launcher till seeing that post. It's a rather simple thing to do but Im not the person to find this.
    • Up x 1
  9. Spiritualised

The OP does but I was following your suggestions which started at post 33 tonight when you first corrected me
  10. Spiritualised

Well good find. Im still reluctant to use it but it does indeed work
  11. Spiritualised

It does seem to run really nice and stable but Im reverting back. Ive got this nagging doubt it could start triggering false flags. Now were sure it can be done an official statement on whether its safe to use wouldnt go amiss
  12. Mogsy

finally he gets it.....bit of a moot point now that they have officially re-enabled 64 bit from the launcher now.

:)