[BUG] For gods sake PLEASE fix C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 10, 2015.

1. 00000000000000000000

+1'd ballto. As a Light Assault C4 is basically my classes tool so it not working 50% of the time is frustrating.

Also grenade mechanic? I can't throw C4 nearly as far as a grenade. What are people talking about?
  2. Ballto21

i was hoping itd stop moving so it would actually die
  3. bloodthorn1

He was running C4 guard, oh wait we don't have that YET!!!
  4. Vorpal_Spork

It's your connection. I never have that problem. And client side anything is a really bad idea. It'd let hackers run amok with C4.
  5. Haquim

Yes.

And I prefer not to think of that violation of good taste.. and everything else.
    The gameplay was not C&C at all, it was impossible to lose in a "campaign" mission.
    The best thing was as always the awfully exaggerated Kane. I can't properly express it in english, but basically he is so awfully stereotypical its awesome.
    • Up x 1
  6. Jbrain

The problem with c4 is that in your personal mind it may seem like its not doing good but honestly c4 is super strong right now even slightly Over powered. The reason is because c4 power is always equal to the number of people trying to plant it.. In other words you ramboing your way in or flying up and droping c4 shouldn't be successful.. however a squad of people flying in with c4 or whatever should.. and they have to balance it for group play.

I really don't think light assault need c4..the fact they can just drop it from a jet pack is so so silly. It would make since more on an infiltrator who would have to stealth in covert ops style and plant it. It needs a plant timer, and a discharge timer so engineer could disarm it. I would be more more rewarding and loads less cheese as it is now.. and be honest its pretty damn cheese as it is.
    • Up x 3
  7. Ballto21

i dont care if it was removed from LA or nerfed to hell (well i do but thats a different arugment) i care that its bugged or lagged or something. if i walked up to a tank as an engy and it moved the same thing would happen. jumpjets have nothing to do with it
  8. Pelojian

Sorry but you'll get no sympathy from me. C4 is an overused infantryside excuse not to pull AV or Tanks and i'm tired of C4 being the one and all tank killer for infantry when it should be infantry ranged AV and MAX AV pulled if they want to stay infantryside.
    lets also not forget the ram attacks with C4 attached to a enemy harasser which will likely kill you before you can kill them.

There are plenty of ways someone can C4 a tank that irritates the tank driver it's only fair you have a share of irritation when the tank grinds you to dust before you can set up your C4 or after you've placed it and missed.
    • Up x 3
  9. Ballto21

there is a difference between something being op or whatever youre on about and a bug/lag that makes it unusable in many scenarios. fix the issues with it then worry about any balance concerns
  10. Trebb

Yep I posted about this ages ago, here's my vid:

11. JohnGalt36

This.
  12. Badname82

Oh Noes! Do NOT make more things 'client-side'! Look, there's weird issues with both client-side mechanics and server-side mechanics...you're just trading one set of the problems for another.

But Client-side is by far, IMO, the worst of the two. Client-side=Easier HAX. Client-side=Easier lag exploiting.

Rather than switching it to client-side detection, just fix (lol easier said than done) the hit detection and normalization (both sides gotta agree eventually on where the C4 really is).

TL-DR: NEIN! DAS IST VERBOTTEN!
  13. Mxiter

Yep it's pretty annoying!

It's not reliable at all. Maxes spammers deserved death yersteday, but didn't :(

The funnyest part was one of them complaining of max TTK against it. :rolleyes:
  14. EliteEskimo

Just make it so you have to actually deploy it on the tank with a little green box on where it will show up. Rarily have had this problem since unlocking C4, although I find it amusing when C4 faries have their Rambo a MBT attempt fail, particularly if I was in the middle of fighting another tank.
  15. ronjahn

Lol wtf, I don't remember this. WHO THROWS LIKE THAT SOE?!?!?
  16. Ballto21

its less rambo and more of a suicide rush.

I usually play this when i suicide rush c4 and prox mines into places

(im a terrible person)