[BUG] For gods sake PLEASE fix C4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, May 10, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Make C4 clientside if its not already. If its on the damn tank or lib or whatever on my screen it should kill them. Im tired of tankers being able to farm with impunity because the most effective form of av (Yes, C4 is the easiest and more effective when it works because you dont have to worry about them getting cover) just because they move and the c4 lags behind and doesnt count for the kill.

In this video, you can CLEARLY see i stick a C4 brick to a half dead lib and two to a lightning, but because they hit W, i shouldnt blow them up. I even took the liberty of slowing it down for you so you can see them stick.

• Up x 3
  2. Pokebreaker

Yeah, I've blown myself up many times visibly seeing the C4 on a vehicle that is moving away, and assuming that it is "actually" on the vehicle. I guess that was my fault though. I should have known that the icon I was seeing on the tank, wasn't actually my C4, but that mine had landed on the ground beneath my feet; silly me.
  3. MasterOhh

Being on the receiving end is also great fun, when C4 fairies are lagging around, warping towards you and tossing their C4 from 20m away and detonating it right on your head before the throwing animation even played from my perspective.

DBG should remove the abillity to throw C4 like a nade, that would fix you problem and mine, too.
    • Up x 4
  4. Goldmonk

It really is annoying. The C4 should blow up where it stuck on the, not where it would've landed on the ground.
  5. LonelyTerran

Yea they should remove the C4 grenade mechanic.
    • Up x 2
  6. ronjahn

Looks like he took some damage from that c4, just didn't finish him. I don't think you got full damage, but his cloud of smoke increased though.
  7. Ballto21

he was BARELY within the radius, when he shouldve taken it all.

you can see the explosion happen behind him
  8. ronjahn

. I'm not saying that c4 is fine. It's definitely broken at times.

I'm just not sure this is a good example because we have no way of telling how much health he lost. All I saw was a c4 blow up and a lib take some damage evidence by him not smoking before you attached the c4 and then smoking after you blew it up. It does take 2 c4 to kill a lib.
  9. Ballto21

i think you can see his HP when i was in my ESF
  10. ronjahn

Lol some guy made a post recently about how you couldn't throw c4 far enough....
    • Up x 1
  11. Goldmonk

My COD/BF scrub-o-meter is off the charts!
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  12. FateJH

"Fix C4" has different meanings for different people.
    • Up x 3
  13. The Rogue Wolf

It already is clientside. That's why you die after getting around a corner, because on the other guy's client, you didn't.
    DBG, plz give us a discus-throwing animation for C4 thx.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  14. Goldmonk

Nah, I want to throw it like a football. Or maybe like a boomerang.
  15. InterSpectra

Remember back in the day, LAs had the most convoluted tossing animation:

• Up x 1
  16. Shadowomega

Rogue wolf should have used this instead of a diagram.

• Up x 1
  17. Revel

Agree 100%. AV as a whole needs a complete redo. C4 is a ridiculous mechanic.
  18. Haquim

Ahh memories. I wonder if they will ever make C&C4

But the guy in that vid is the GDI grenadier. He can throw the grenade as far as a rifle shoots, and it bounces even farther. According to the description it even has little rockets to propel it.
    Considering how often I have seen my grenade bounce back into the middle of OUR forces when I hit something invisible, I don't really want that.
  19. Shadowomega

You mean an actual C&C 4 not that card board stand in we got instead?
  20. LodeTria

Why'd you wait so long to kill the lightning?