[Guide] For all Close-Range Infils

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Lucidius134, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Manetheren

Nice, finally a person that doesn't say they're bad. Agree with all your points ;)
  2. Lucidius134

I'll take that as a compliment even though it doesn't sound like one????
  3. Stinneyt

The problem with this is, it pretty much takes an entire magazine to kill someone with an ASR, where you can kill 2 people with an SMG magazine with bullets to spare.

I liked the ASR for the reasons you stated, but now I have the SMG there is no going back.
  4. Manetheren

Oh sorry, I forgot to quote Executioner Smough. Was replying to him :p
  5. Lucidius134

Bump because useful information!

I'de love for a straight pull rail attachment for the short range bolt actions.
  6. Lucidius134

7. KorJax

I love the semi-auto scout rifle for vanu, it's my default weapon of choice (I use SMG if I'm planning on crashing a biolab or something, bolt action if I'm sniping, but by default I'm rolling with the Nyx).

The fact is, it still kills incredbily quick in close range, you just have to land both of your shots. I'm willing to bet the TTK is shorter than SMG's even, but not likely to happen since usually you won't get both shots off in close range hitting the head. The thing is, it carries that damage out to medium range, and with a 6x scope on it you are accurate enough to consistently land hits. So it's decent/okay up close (good enough to work like a "dagger", in that you uncloak, shoot once then swipe for the kill), draws less attention than SMG's do (not counting scilenced ones), and kill very well/reliably at short/medium ranges, where SMG's start to falter.

If anything they are kind of like anti-SMG's. Where SMGs will get better and better in your ability to reliably kill the closer you are but still decent at some range, the semi-auto scout rifles are still decent up close but gets better and better in your ability to reliably kill the farther out you are (up to medium range, not great for long range).
  8. Lucidius134

The new prices make it a sweeter deal now. Have you tried the close range semi-auto sniper rifle?
  9. Bill Hicks

The problem with scout rifles is that there is too much information given in this game. The stupid nub friendly auto spot and regular spotting plus radar, radar radar.
  10. DocteurVK

I have certed the full auto vanu scout rifle and am regretting it now...

This is not a "Bad" weapon, but the relatively slow projectile speed of 500, forces you to avoid using a suppressor (even if the scout/battle rifles are the least loudy guns in the game when suppressed). Problem with the recoil, as it is balanced between each side, you'll get a forward grip about 90% of the time.

It has no access to high velocity ammo and its damage faloff starts at 50 meters which seems very short for a scout rifle.

I personally prefer using my SMG in a closer engagement or getting my short range bolt action by a little more long distance.

BTW, I literally fallen in love with the "short range" BASR as it forces a better and quicker aim and a more thought use of the cloaking device.

With a chevron-type scope (either 3.4x or 4x depending on your faction), it can be deadly and still be able to take out long range targets (100-150m) with little practice
  11. Lucidius134

The scout rifles ARE lack luster but you're dinging it in the wrong areas.

They're carbines and as such have a generic carbine set up/damage model. Also 500 is faster than most TR carbines. 550 is the speed of the default bolt actions.

the Phantom/Impetus/TSAR? are pretty great. I like to use the triple chevron 4x on them and the close range bolt actions.
  12. Topher

NC Stalker is better than their SMG IMO. SMGs for the TR are pretty good, though the Hailstorm beats out all of them, and the Vanu's 50 mag SMG is pretty good too, but they have to have a laser, reflex, and soft point ammo to be good. Search "The Annoying Infiltrator 2" by VladTheImplyer.
    Yes, the lack of difference should be changed, as with many things, because this game is slowly pooling together into one faction with different cosmetics because people whine too much.
    In terms of a BASR in this game, recoil isn't anything, so that's useless for Vanu, the ability to pull the bolt faster would be independent from the gun - it would be about the soldier, and the NC already start with the seconds best BASR stat in the game, so no thank you. Plus, there'd be a lot of whining from the NC about how they can't compete with the TR being able to place shots faster than them.
  13. RobotNinja

Alternatively, you should know where the enemy is and try to let them THINK they know where you are. :p

I've often popped off some shots to bait enemy into chasing me before. And...stab! Or if they're not too bright...walk into an AP mine.

Try to avoid getting that tunnel vision. Continually check your surroundings and reassess your position. Take well-aimed shots to avoid giving enemies directional hit markers. Don't silhouette yourself, i.e. standing at the very top of a cliff.