Flight Controls Changes - Need Feedback

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Mar 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aloysyus

Hello there, i have 25 days in a reaver on my main and several other days on my alts and PTS. My big issues with the current controls are two things:

1. Roll speed is too slow and dull.

2. Yaw speed is way too nervous. it is impossible to properly aim on a target if your crosshair nervously jumps left/right when you try to adjust your aim with a and d keys. Do the test by hovering circles around a ground target and keep aim on it. On live no problem on PTS completely frustrating.

Also pitch seems to act odd, but i can't really put my fingers on it.

Besides: I still don't understand why you don't just do two differend control sets - one for keyboard/mouse and one for gamepads.
  2. Thunde333

You need to fix Mosquito controls. It shaking when I flying with it, like the crosshair wobble.
    And to turn I need to move my mouse two times. If I only flying forward its ok and much easier then it normal is to fly in planetside 2. But when I want to turn it feels like invisible walls holding my mosquito and I need to move my mouse alot more then I normaly do in the real server.
  3. Czarinov

4. Thunde333

Mosquito feels better today (on LIVE). But it still wobbles when I use A key to turn left or D key to turn right. But I like the valkyrie feeling it have now.
  5. Rif0

It's a nightmare, it can not be described in a civilized manner .
  6. Thunde333

Libs is broken, it dont turn up or left or right I need to use my whole arm to turn my lib. Valkyrie is broken too, it is like the lib whas before the patch. Galaxy feel the same as it did yesterday. And Mosquito is great, but it wobble.

Still a stupid patch that you should remove, because on reddit peoples post that they cant use gamepads anyway with the new patch. So whats the point then to add it, cant you have one client for PS2 on PC and one for PS2 on PS4?
    You already have 1 client for the test server so I dont see the problem with it.
  7. SouthFork

This was a stupid patch.
    • Up x 1
  8. Brasil

Unfortunately the changes were bad, hope there is improvement in the next patch.
  9. Apadiel

10. Kingitchi

me too!!! I can't yaw for *****!!! A/D don't work at all I dunno what is going on!!! T.T; I didn't feel like playing anymore with these changes and I mainly upgrade ESF....
  11. Tropopyte

Went to PTS and tryed the recent iteration of the flight controls (from updpate 4/21). I have to say that i liked the iteration before that ALOT better (the one with the proper working pitch keybinds)! There seems to be some kind of input lag for the mouse on the ESF now and also the inertia is much higher than before. This combined makes aiming really hard, since you're ESF reacts kind of delayed. Inertia wise (like in time the ESF keeps turning after stoping the input) it might be closer to the original controls now, but after some getting used to, i actually came to the conclusion that i like it better how it is on live now/was in the last PTS iteration, since the mouse input feels much more direct, making fine aiming much more intuitive!
  12. Czarinov

Tried out last change too (21.4.2015).

1) Pitch controls are reactive, looks right.

2) Pitching with mouse is finally SMOOTH.

3) Pitching acceleration curve feels like Legacy! Gotta say I'm not used to it anymore after learning new controls. But I feel like right now PTS pitching is the same as pre-flight-patch.

This is very weird. I already heard this from a friend, but I had NO input lag at all, testing today. I made sure to copy config from LIVE and only upped my sensitivity.
  13. novicez

tried the latest change with ff: settings

ESF:
    2400 dpi, 0.55 sensitivity:
    1.) There is some small acceleration mechanic present when you start pitching( I don't recall legacy having this, if any the acceleration is smooth but prompt unlike post patch it feels like very little response to abrupt acceleration), making minute adjustments a little bit hard. The negative acceleration after counter pitching is no longer present(same in legacy).
    2.) Slugishness of rolling has been fixed. ( Good Job! )
    3.) Yaw controls seems fine.

6000 dpi, 0.265
    1.) Same in 2400 dpi setting, but a tad more noticeable.
    2.) Rolling sluggishness is fixed as well
    3.) Yaw controls seem fine.

Some more tweaks here and there should finally fix the problem for most people. (2400dpi + people that is)
  14. Czarinov

I honestly remember being it in legacy. Meaning when I would move my mouse very slow but far, crosshair would only move a couple of pixels. Which was NOT good anyway. But I had got used to it.

Of course I may be wrong.

Tbh the only thing I'm missing in mouse pitch on LIVE is smoothness (no pixel jump). But I don't even notice it anymore. Got quite used to the controls.
  15. Rif0

mass and inertial force is partially back at ~ 90 % !!! " MY GOD . "

I can slide on the ground as before, the centrifugal energy ! that's wonderful ( Don't never change that again, please )

The light aircraft still deserve a slight increase in mass, it should be more "realistic", i think . the advantages and disadvantages of the gravitational force are not really there.

You are on the right track, keep it up .

P.S : I have to enable the 3 mouse options ( on the PTS ) to get a semblance of fluidity in movement, that's boring. :'( .
  16. Czarinov

Can you be more specific in your description? Right now it's just half-chaotic text with no clear meaning.

1) what sliding? Who cares about ESF sliding... wtf?
    2) what about centrifugal "energy"? Do you mean force?
    3) what 3 mouse options? what are you speaking about?
  17. Rif0

Left side : old live version ( mass and inertia similar to the current pts ) Right side : current live version ( 0 mass, 0 inertia . ) .

I can attest what I say,because i use this "technique" that requires basic principles of physic which currently are not met

And for your last point :

MouseRawInput=1
    MouseSmoothing=1
    ReduceInputLag=1

P.S: My english sucks, it's not my problem, it's yours ! I think is pretty clear, i can be better, damage .
  18. Arish217

i hope problem be sloved faster:(
  19. Czarinov

Well I understand now. BTW do you know by setting MouseSmoothing to 1 you activate mouse acceleration?

Even with your bad English you didn't provide enough information in your previous post at all to make it any sense. What you wrote now should had been in your original post.

And about English. If you wanna use the language to explain something, it is ONLY YOUR problem to type correctly.
  20. ReaverUpYour

Ok, i see that the changes went live for a short time and then they got reverted.

The live versions alow a more steady and easyer control and i really like that as i bet many others liek that 2. The old legacy effect can be achieved by enabling mouse acceleration. And that is a good thing as well. Even so i prefer the live version as my hand is not as steady so it's harder for me to control that movement.

Yet Rif0 brought some good points. The forces that surrounded the legacy esfs is kind of gone. They brought some interesting effects to the table. It would be nice to have some increase in inertia and mass along with some other forces.

Also please consider into moving the gravity center of the reaver more to the front as there is no point to slide off landing pads just cause the tail is out.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.