Fix Framerate / Fps

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dog., Mar 23, 2013.

1. SilverAura

At what point did I say to dismiss the topic on the grounds that it was "hard"? I never said that. I simply said that the entire idea that insisting they simply 'turn on' the optimization switch as though it was that easy, is a really bad argument and claiming anyone who says otherwise is just being ignorant is terribly condescending and unproductive.

The bottom line is, PlanetSide 2 is unlike anything out there right now. Considering just how much needs to go into making this kind of game, I feel the developers are owed at the very least, a little slack. Look at Bethesda and Fallout 3 or Oblivion. The knotted mess of bugs, glitches, and lack of optimizations never truly impacted the games long term reputation and the developers never had their heads held under water.

Oh and last thing. I'm not referring to any videos that talk about SOE priding their engine and their work. I'm talking about the here and now. And the here and now is saying that the game is running into issues that weren't entirely taken into consideration. I could be cynical and constantly try to bash the developers for their supposed incompetence, or I could be a valued member of the community and try to be positive and helpful, reporting things I see and trying to have a little patience.
  2. Cab00se187

You gpu is limiting you. I ran the ASUS GTX 560 ti in SLi and it dropped down to 30 fps. Bought two HiS 7850's and run them in crossfre and never dip below 50 fps in large battles. You are not going to get better performance out of your GPU. Also my 560's were overclocked.
  3. BlackDove

LOL Crossfire. Take one card out and you'll get the same actual FPS in the game. Fraps and FPS counters don't show the drops/runts which are about 50% of what Fraps reports as your framerate. I had a 560Ti and it ran the game fine, all maxed out.
  4. Cryless

they will never make this game run properly! if they wanted to do that we would have seen a little improvement, but we didn't.
    and since they don't do this, the only way to "eliminate" some serious fps problems is if they redesign amp stations, bio labs, probably tech plants too and the inside of the satellite bases. they claim that they "work" on optimizing the game and they tell us that there's a reason why other companies don't do this and yet... they're the only ones with this problem.

I could go on forever, but meh... there's no point...
  5. soeguud

wait I can get a higher framerate if i force compatability mode for xp 32bit or somesuch?
    win7 64bit/ i7-930 (3.6ghz)/6gb RAM/ Gigabyte 7950/ Asus Xonar DG 5.1 (this last one made ERRYTING SOUND SO MUCH BETTER) by the way.

Yes i am a computer idiot. Assembling a computer's like really expensive meccano or lego. I rely on friends for help. A response would be appreciated.
  6. TestyVenom

I still say they need to drop refinement efforts on 32-bit OS users and make a 64-bit version of the game that optionally uses DX11 and just focus on working with that. It won't help everyone, but it would be the wise thing to do from here on.
    • Up x 1
  7. SilverAura

I know this probably seems condescending but I honestly wish we could just let 32bit operating systems die already. At least when it comes to gaming. I can't think of a single person who considers themselves a respectable PC gamer and uses anything but a 64bit operating system anymore. The 3.35GB RAM limit alone is a huge handicap.

I understand game developers want to try to increase compatibility as much as possible but what's the difference between expecting someone to buy a $300 graphics card and $150 processor and expecting them to make sure the version of Windows they buy is at 64bit? Especially when both 32 and 64bit versions cost the exact same amount of money.

It's not like you can find any reasonably powerful processor that doesn't support 64bit and virtually all compatibility issues with 64bit were roughed out in Windows Vista and put to rest in Windows 7. Am I missing something here? Why on earth would anyone use a 32bit operating system anymore?
  8. HeyApple666

I have windows 7 64 bit,an intel i7 3.4Ghz and 4 cores, 4 gb ram and a gtx660. I can't play this game for a week because framerate drops under 20 in any battle and even at warpgate I don't have a stable 30 fps. I tried more or less everything I could: lowered graphics to minimum, set process priority to highest, tweaking with razr game booster, even reinstallation, and finally I tried to play on my old 4:3 screen at 1280x1024, to no avail. I used to play in full hd with medium specs and I had 60fps stable, dropping to 40 in some large biolab fights. I am extremely disappointed because planetside2 never seemed to use more than 25% of my Cpu nor more than 1,7 Gb of Ram, so I can't understand why I have this problem. I like this game a lot, it is the best multiplayer FPS I ever played, so being unable to run it in a playable way, while I have no problems with any other game, is extremely frustrating. I can only hope that Sony is working hard to solve such problems, otherwise I'll have to come back to battlefield
  9. TheOperation

Because they are a GERMAN company ;)....
  10. Jeralamo

just like to add that i used to be able to fly in all fight sizes now its only small. medium fights i get slide show ****...
  11. PresidentFreeman

The last time I played this game was in the beginning of March, at that point for me the game was really flying; no stuttering, rarely below 40fps even in big battles, etc.

I started playing again this week and it seems to have gone back to pre-GU3 performance for me in built up areas, it regularly dips down to 25 fps, and I am lucky to get above 40. Strangely enough it runs perfectly fine when I am not in a tech plant or amp station, even at the crown.

Additionally, I have server-based lag effects such as character warping and teleporting, as well as movement rubberbanding. I don't know what the state of the game has been like in the last two months, but hopefully this is just a temporary thing.
    • Up x 1
  12. reddragons

If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle (pro tip):eek:
  13. dr4ke1337

ZING! LOL! This is 100% true...

As for this topic... I hope they fix these issues, this game is great! But at this time I am unable to play it due to FPS issues. My laptop can run pretty much any game. If there are issues I just turn the settings to the lowest, and I can at least play. Being honest, this is the only game I have not been able to turn the settings to the lowest and does NOTHING to help my FPS... Its the first game that why turning everything to the highest settings, help my fps (by 5-10)... Should I care how the game works, with it being all backwards here? No, I should just have to boot up and play, at best change some ingame settings so I can play. Not go into folders and retype files.

As an open minded person I agree with many points put forward anyway... BUT going to re-affirm this:

How can a small but successful german company pull this off and Sony Online Entertainment (a part of Sony one of the richest companies) has struggled to release a game that is at least stable?
    I also give them slack. At the same time, I agree with others, hold them accountable at its highest.
  14. RileyRocks

Some of you guys here are extremely childish, anyway....

I had good performance and these last few GUs have killed my framerate and I think I may take a break until a Nvidia/AMD fix comes. It seems that a lot of the issues generally involved Asus/Nvidia products and I'm not going to spend even more money on a computer just so I can play a game. My specs are in my sig, any ideas to do a cheap upgrade ($300 and below) would be appreciated.