[Suggestion] Fast Attack Bomber

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SlugSniper, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Cyropaedia

I mean aren't Engineers supposed to be mechanics? Why do they have guns? :p
  2. Demigan

I think that the HE and possibly even HEAT canons should get a much higher elevation than currently. This way they can perform an AA role without the OHK mechanic, additionally their anti-infantry role is enhanced since they can hit those dreaded C4 fairies more easily and scan their surroundings better.

This instantly removes the AP canon as best all-round canon and gives the HE/HEAT guns more roles to play. Additionally, the HE gun could perhaps get a co-ax canon and possibly it's AOE radius somewhat reduced. This improves the versatility and enhances the anti-infantry role of the HE canon over the AP canon, since the AP canon can often compensate for it's lack of AOE by scoring bodyshots, and the difference between HE and AP against infantry is zero the moment the infantry are stationed higher and you have to score bodyshots anyway.
  3. Eternaloptimist

I think OP is missing the point of the game - all the vehicles in it are close support for infantry.

They're combat engineers for close support - s' why they have guns and mines and mana turrets :)
    • Up x 1
  4. JKomm

Were that the case Infiltrators should be left to Infiltrate, they do recon, hack devices, and provide EMP support. Not allowed weapons besides a pistol, same as Engineers. Jokes aside, there is just too many issues with balance and roles in Planetside 2, and most of it cannot change anyway solely due to how long it's been the way it is.

I just wish a spiritual successor to this game would arise one day, the world needs more MMOFPS'.
    • Up x 1
  5. Insignus

Valkyrie Bomber.

When equipped, the bombs slow down the Valkyrie. When the ammo is expended (Which can only be reloaded at an air pad) it goes much faster. This gives you time to intercept it, but once it drops off, it can retreat pretty quickly. Its already weak vs. air, and it has the space to add additional equipment inside the compartment without messing with the hitbox or making it unbelievably heavy.
  6. FateJH

HE inner radius is 1000@1m for the Vanguard and Magrider. It's 650@1m for the Prowler, but the Prowler's doubletap shot extends it's "OHKO" radius to slightly over 1m, as long as both shots land very clsoe to each other.
    HE outer radius is 1@5m across the board.

C-4 is a 3m inner radius, with Infantry OHKO radius out to about 4m.

Frag Grenades have stats that basically make them into a kind of HE cannon.
  7. Demigan

Which is why I said "possibly".