Faction switch delay is a MUST

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by _CLU_, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Nikushimi

Oh you mean those 12 certs (48 if subbed) you could obtain in less than 10 mins of gameplay. :rolleyes:
  2. xboxerdude

Before I was fighting off air camping our warpgate and I used a2a missles to do it since there were so many, I took down a 3 br100's go back to repair and some LA comes and drops c4 and kills my reaver lol. It was a straight up alt

(That is all I have seen in all my playtime)
  3. dstock

48 * 5 alts = 240 certs in ~2 minutes.

So, yes.
    • Up x 4
  4. oberchingus

People sign up and pay to receive 48 certs when they login once every 24hrs. They most definitely should be able to access them at the time of their choosing.
    • Up x 3
  5. DK22

Or mostly the people who never use their Alts, and just collect the certs everyday.
    Someday I'll play them, but just using my Main now, but when I do I'll have lotso certs to start my Alts.
  6. _CLU_

Autocollected free certs. Easy and convenient.
  7. oberchingus

3 Emerald....2 Connery? Or 1 Miller and 1 Connery?
  8. iccle

They could change it so certs are gained on the character selection screen instead of in game, i mean why have clients fully login if they are only picking up daily certs.
  9. dstock

I don't have time for EU servers. I find Connery barely playable as is.

I've got no problem with that. I just know my BR 22 on Connery has a pretty nice Harasser, and I've bought almost all his gear through passive cert gains. I'm that guy that tells the groups, 'Wait up, I need to log my other 40 alts to get them free stuff...'
  10. oberchingus

I'd even go further and say that if it's passive anyway, why not just have it automated so that you get your lump sum when you re-login to that character. Isn't that the simplest?
  11. Colt556

Y'know I strongly agree with this idea and I feel the people complaining about daily certs really are being silly. There's easy ways around that. All your characters are tied to the same account, SOE could effortlessly make it so that logging in with one character awards your daily certs to all your chars. All they wanna know is are you getting on every day? They don't care what char you get on as so long as you get on.

In a game like this it should just be obvious common sense to lock players out from switching factions for a while. It's not just about straight up griefing, but people being fourth factioners and switching to the winning team which happens all the time. If literally the only complaint is about the passive certs, then there is no complaint at all since as I've said, that's stupidly easy to fix. SOE really should get on this and add in a lock out timer for faction switching.
  12. DxAdder

If passive cert gain for paid accounts no longer requires logging in you might have a shot at it.

But the reality is people that ONLY play one character are always going to be at a disadvantage.

Since the Merge I now I have one toon per empire in the same server, when I login I see whats going on and the choose
    what Empire that I'm going to play. I really don't see the reason to penalize one play style for another.

And yes if I login and see the VS are crushing an Alert by all means that where I'm going but I don't normally start in one faction then hope to another during an Alert.
  13. Colt556

That's not a playstyle, and as such you aren't being penalized. Play whatever character you want, if you choose your character based on your empire's performance that's bad, but that's also nobody's problem. The ability to instantly hop from one empire to another factually hurts this game, it can't be disputed, the degree of how much it hurts can be argued but it DOES hurt. There's a reason similar games put a delay to faction switching, it's not like they added that mechanic just to be mean. And I see no reason why people should suffer because you have to hop in game to see who's winning and then further dogpile onto the winning faction. If you wanna play VS, play it, whether they own one territory or one continent it shouldn't matter, go shoot people.

Bottom line is there's not a single good reason why this shouldn't be added. The only viable excuse put forward is the passive cert gain, but I've already given a perfectly fine and easy to implement solution to that. Personal preferences don't factor in, you may enjoy it but then I also enjoyed my HE cannon one-shotting infantry at 5 meters, doesn't mean it shouldn't have been nerfed. What you enjoy doesn't necessarily go hand in hand with what's best for the game.
    • Up x 1
  14. \m/SLAYER\m/

Now you must wait in queue is case of Indar
  15. Tanelorn

Upvoted. I've had issue with the infinite no delay faction switching since the start. It creates a horrible 4th faction dilemma.
  16. Axehilt

The effort involved in policing it wouldn't be worth it, when you consider how incredibly rare it is for this to happen (I see it maybe once every ~30 hours of play?) and what else could be done with that dev time.