faction "empires"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by santuckcasper, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Nenarch

Join TR first, then NC.. then Vanu.

Thou I think best choice is to play all of them up to brank 5.. you'll get the feeling in few minutes.

I almost jumped from my vanu to terran.. but as someone said, I have too much time invested on my char.. BR 42.. trying to get to 50.
  2. Ky3217

lol it's required for chocolate. Just keep that in mind
  3. nuclearunicorn

Don't listen to those guys. NC are the best in the business. :D What I did was create a character on the three different west coast servers for each faction. NC is my main but I play as the other two regularly. I would suggest doing this because it gives you an idea of what you are up against in terms of weaponry. It will also give you a better understanding of the maps knowing how it looks from the POV of your foe. Having characters on more than one server can also help out during lulls on your main. Sometimes I just feel like fighting on esamir. If my main doesn't have anything going another server will. This game is fun once you stumble through your first day or so. Watch some youtube videos, you'll need them. You are on the forums though, probably prepared yourself better than I did.

You will see arguments upon arguments about faction balance but I have found it is simply a matter of preference. I play an nc infiltrator and I like it. Longrange headshots ftw! Hope you stick with it and Have fun!
    • Up x 1
  4. santuckcasper

5. Nehlis

YOU WITCHES DESERVE TO BURN!
    The TEC WILL retake our worlds from your corruption!
  6. ShinyToyPaladin

Can't go wrong with your choice. Well, besides shunning Vanu, shame on you!

Really though I kind of like the way the NC weapons looks, but their backstory seems the most suspicious.
    The TR are alright I guess, but kind of generic imo.

Personally I chose my faction based on which one I agreed with the most. It might be silly to you so try to determine what's more important for you to enjoy playing. The playstyle or the backstory?
  7. lordprinceps

tell that to my max capital ship fleet
    1 progenitor mother ship
    6 radiance battleships
    2 halcyon carrier
    2 rapture battle cruisers
    2 revelation battle cruisers
  8. Winterspawn

Honestly if you really want to play a good guy faction the VS might actually be what you are looking for.

The TR are dictators who fight the VS and NC for not wanting to live under their dictatorship.

The NC fight for freedom but infact they're nothing more than mercenaries that fight for big corporations and criminal bosses.

The VS fight because if they don't they would be crushed by the winning faction. They seceeded after the NC because the TR was weakened and that was their chance to make their move at independence. They aren't zealots who kill everything that doesn't believe in Vanu but they are hated because both other factions think they aren't human anymore even though they just use and study alien technology.
  9. Nehlis

1 akkan
    2 kol
    3 dunovs
    7 marzdas

FEEL THE MISSILE BARRAGE.
    Also, if I don't like how it goes I'll armistance you, build a starbase and give it last resort.

Alternatively:
    13 akkans

INFINITE ARMISTANCE! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  10. nella

Join TR if you want overpowered weapons. NC if you like being the underdog(in most servers anyway).
  11. Seryl

watch the trailer - who looks the coolest ?
  12. lordprinceps

a balanced fleet is key to success, while my support capitals harry your fleet, my motehrship, battleships, and carriers sit from afar and obliterate them, and my siege capitals come from behind with the rest of my fleet.
  13. Piepants

To make your decision play each side to BR5 and make sure to do a few things:
    - Try each empires main battle tank (Prowler, Vanguard, Magrider)
    - Try each empires fighter (Mosquito, Reaver, Scythe)
    - Play around with each empire's infantry weapons and decide which ones you like the 'feel' of best.
    - Look around at other players and see if you like the overall look of your faction (helmets, MAX armor, colors, weapons, etc). Vanu are purple with some turquoise, NC blue with some gold/yellow, and TR are red and black.
    - For some people the music and announcer make a difference. The NC have sort of an 80s guitar riff thing going on, the TR is sort of an 'evil empire' orchestra kind of thing, and the Vanu sounds like the music that plays whenever Gibbs walks into Abbey's lab in NCIS.
    - If the lore is really important to you use that, but I'd recommend not worrying about it.

Some things NOT to do:
    - Don't concern yourself with the common stuff. A lot of equipment is shared between the factions, so if you are playing the Vanu and have a ton of fun piloting a Liberator, you can do that as a TR or NC as well.
    - Don't concern yourself with balance or whine threads on the forums. Balance CAN and WILL change. Yes the CARV is better than the SAW, but it's not as bad as people on the forums make it out to be, and aspects of each weapon will get tuned as the game progresses.
    - (This one is hard), don't concern yourself with how well you do in the limited amount of time you play each empire. Basically each empire on nearly all servers sometimes kicks butt, and sometimes gets their butt kicked. It's a flip of the coin which side you'll be on during your 'trial', so don't let it worry you too much.

Personally I am still deciding, but so far I'm leaning towards the NC with the TR in second place and the Vanu a distant third. I love the Magrider and think the Scythe is great, but I'm just not into lasers and prefer the feel of firing bullets. That little spinny reloading battery thing feels weak to me too.
  14. Jourmand1r

Vanu don't shoot lasers they shoot plasma bolts.

And if you play TR you are a Total Biscuit worshipping freak.

If you want to be on a faction that runs 80 percent Heavy Assault for the T9 carv and wins all their fights by sheer numbers, please roll TR.
  15. Nehlis

Yeah, the second one is a joke. The first one is surprisingly good at fleetkilling. Maybe we should continue this in either a conversation or an off-topic thread just so peeps won't get mad at us?
  16. KoSGunny

Here's the backstory about WHY the factions fight each other (which everyone so far has neglected).

When they all got stuck on the planet of Auraxis, they were working together.

The now TR were the guards and military force, but the NC were their brethren and underlings alike. The VS were mainly scientists studying the newly discovered alien technology. However, all being stranded: ideals, wants and needs tore them all apart. The discovery of the alien artifacts was the final straw that caused this cataclysmic split.

-----------

The VS wanted to study the alien technology. Their military overseers, the TR wouldn't allow it. Violence broke out and the VS scientists fled under cover of their guards: Who are the infantry you now play as when choosing VS- the scientist's guards. The VS simply want left alone, and only fight because they have to.

The TR maintained it's position, not changing a bit. They are simply a military force as they previously were, who wishes to quell any rebellion or dissidence by any means necessary: in this case killing the NC and VS.

The NC are a mix of the TR's former brothers in arms and employees: Working hard labor and other jobs that simply weren't worth the return. They were, as the VS were, essentially oppressed and neglected. When the scientists escaped, the workers took this as their chance to run off as well. they formed a rag-tag band of militia through unkown means finding funding by an unkown corporation. they are essentially brash rebels fighting to resist repeat oppression: But risking to put themselves back where they started with their new mystery backer.

So there you have it:
    TR- Oppressive and cold. Peace by force, fighting against it's former underlings the VS and NC. If they won't work for the TR, the TR will simply kill them.
    VS- Wants left alone, fights because the fight comes to them. Wishes to learn about the alien technology and use it to re-design the world humans live in.
    NC- Rebels against the TR's opression, but brashly risks being opressed by their new employer, no different than they previously were. Hates the VS as well, views them as no longer human.

*I didn't discover this until long after I had started playing. Personally it only makes me like the VS more and dislike the TR more. NC is still 'meh' to me: Seem like clueless and reckless rebels sealing their own demise by rushing from one bad boyfriend to the next. Leave me the hell alone and let me better my life: It's how I live my own life.. And I like that the VS feel the same way.
  17. santuckcasper

ill just have a charecter on 3 servers, one for each faction, that solves it
  18. Takoita

I must confess that the sound track had me sorely tempted... but red/grey/black color scheme won in the end. I may try out different sides some time later, but for now TR it is.
  19. Kurreah

Important point: You can't switch factions.
    You can play a different faction on a different server, ans server transfers seem to be in the works, but you can't take a character that you may have spent a lot of time and possibly money on, and transfer them to a different faction.

Personally, I don't like to play NC. Not because of their weapon design or backstory, but because of their music and voices. The attempted rock does nothing for me, and I find the tones of their "Spotted an enemy xxxxxxx" voice really annoying for no easily discernable reason.
  20. yankeefeet

You don't want to joing the path of Vanu...the path to the future????

We will hunt you...
    we will find you....
    we will kill you...
    and as a bonus we will teabag you ;)

Joing any faction that suits you more. Simple as that.